Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Finally some decent fare departing from PVG.

PVG-MAD round trip around 2446USD. Although a direct flight with IB only cost around 2075USD, but I am willing to pay more for better service with QR. Also 200% Qpoints and Qmiles means fast track to QR Plat.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:37 am

After much lurking over the last few days, this is my first post to the QR forum. I'm planning a OW TP run and stumbled across Qatar and what appears to be a great biz product - time will tell!

I'm looking at SOF-PVG-SOF at 1230 Euro, which seems an amazing price. Although I'm concerned about how great my first QR business experience will be on a 321 and 777. I was also considering SOF/ARN-SIN which, depending on dates, includes 350/787.

I'd appreciate you thoughts on what is a good QR value and what to avoid on QR metal.

BTW, I've never flown been out in PVG or SIN, I've only ever transferred.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Muttley
After much lurking over the last few days, this is my first post to the QR forum. I'm planning a OW TP run and stumbled across Qatar and what appears to be a great biz product - time will tell!

I'm looking at SOF-PVG-SOF at 1230 Euro, which seems an amazing price. Although I'm concerned about how great my first QR business experience will be on a 321 and 777. I was also considering SOF/ARN-SIN which, depending on dates, includes 350/787.

I'd appreciate you thoughts on what is a good QR value and what to avoid on QR metal.

BTW, I've never flown been out in PVG or SIN, I've only ever transferred.
I would go with the 350/787 combination. In business class you will have at the minimum 1-2-1 seating and a nice area to stretch out while grabbing some champagne or snacks. Also both are quiet planes with good atmospheric moisture levels.
Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You can’t really go wrong with QR.
A380 is great as well (onboard bar!), so is 777 with QSuites (I’ve heard, I’ll fly QSuites for the first time tomorrow, on an A350).
The only thing not so great is their A330s etc. with the old 2-2-2 configuration, but even they are ok.

You should also look at GOT-BKK, ARN-SIN and OSL-SIN (Open jaw/double open jaw possible).
Also try if the MECENAT code lowers the price for you.

Enjoy!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:10 pm

You can get the same price ex BEG, where 320 is planned instead of 321, with currently the pod configuration (business class seats like the ones in 380/787) scheduled on Mondays. But no guarantee such aircraft will actually fly the route, or if 321 will not replace the 320 come warmer April/May weather. That was the case last year, anyway. All 321s have old recliner seats. DOH-PVG should be Qsuites on all flights, unless you're very unlucky, and even then, old 2-2-2 business class on 777 is great.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: BA Gold; Virgin FF; United Airlines; American Airlines; and was frequent c/c churner - RIP!
I'm seeing a business seat on QR flight from ARN to SIN in July for Ł1222 currently. Is this a sale fare (if so, when will the sale end?) or is this a standard fare price?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by higham44
I'm seeing a business seat on QR flight from ARN to SIN in July for Ł1222 currently. Is this a sale fare (if so, when will the sale end?) or is this a standard fare price?
That's a sale price. Non sales prices are closer to €2000 return.
Sales is due to end any time now.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
Did I miss something obvious (entirely possible!), or was there meant to be a big announcement yesterday (the 17th) expected to be a big sale?
I know they did the brand launch thing but was that it?
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Amex Plat
from QR Facebook post:

Two days to open the curtains #likeNeverBefore. Find out more at http://bit.ly/2GPm3Io
#GoingPlacesTogether
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
One has to admit that neither Etihad nor Emirates January-Sales are notably exciting this year, at least not-so-far ?

But this is a major opportunity for airlines to lock-in peoples annual-travel plans post-Christmas, so the prices QR has offered are disappointing, which does suggest that there should be a further stage yet-to-come. Bring it On !

However the risk is that customers will be driven to look elsewhere, and I for one have now booked half my years' planned-travel on other good airlines at 20% below QR's present quoted-price. Whick locks-in a reasonable experience, at a defintely-good cost, that will do for me. Do I care about failing to maintain QRPC-status, well DILLIGAF !

I would probably have remined loyal if the Sale had delivered sooner, their in-the-air product down-the-back remains attractive, although it doesn't come near the fantasy of that short promotional-film about a world where I can fly my whole family in Business-Class !

That must be from an alternative-reality, where there's no Asian/European economic-slowdown or Brexit or interest-rate hike, driving travellers to focus more on costs this year !
Old Jan 20, 2019, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
I would go with the 350/787 combination. In business class you will have at the minimum 1-2-1 seating and a nice area to stretch out while grabbing some champagne or snacks. Also both are quiet planes with good atmospheric moisture levels.
Thank you for the advice. Very excited now to get on the 350 and 787!
For the biz TP run I'm about to press the button on the following:
21:45 ARN-DOH-SIN 20:15+1 QR172/944
10:30 SIN-DOH-ARN 20:45 QR943/171
I need to book BA positioning and return flights for ARN. The return DOH-ARN QR171 on the 787 seems to be consistently on or before scheduled arrival time according to FlightAware. Question is, would I have time to get through out to departures and back through security to catch the BA ARN-LHR 21:20 flight with HBO? I'll factor in a night at ARN if the consensus is it's going to be too tight (which I'm thinking!).
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 7:04 am

Thank you for the advice. Very excited now to get on the 350 and 787!
For the biz TP run I'm about to press the button on the following:
21:45 ARN-DOH-SIN 20:15+1 QR172/944
10:30 SIN-DOH-ARN 20:45 QR943/171
I need to book BA positioning and return flights for ARN. The return DOH-ARN QR171 on the 787 seems to be consistently on or before scheduled arrival time according to FlightAware. Question is, would I have time to get through out to departures and back through security to catch the BA ARN-LHR 21:20 flight with HBO? I'll factor in a night at ARN if the consensus is it's going to be too tight (which I'm thinking!).

It's really tight, especially if you with checked baggage, the checkin desk will be simply closed by the time you may reach it, plus if you travel soon, ARN was just partly closed due to heavy snowstorm. You can always try, of course, but not a lot beats the frustration of running, hoping, and being late for connecting flight. Unless you ask QR to check your bags directly to the final destination (not sure it is possible between QR and BA) even without bags it's a gamble. Night in ARN hotel seems like a solid backup plan, did you checked the pricing?

p.s. I'll be flying on exact same flights back and forth next and following week, but we are having later departure after QR171 lands in ARN, but it is a concern still.
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Gobber
It's really tight, especially if you with checked baggage, the checkin desk will be simply closed by the time you may reach it, plus if you travel soon, ARN was just partly closed due to heavy snowstorm. You can always try, of course, but not a lot beats the frustration of running, hoping, and being late for connecting flight. Unless you ask QR to check your bags directly to the final destination (not sure it is possible between QR and BA) even without bags it's a gamble. Night in ARN hotel seems like a solid backup plan, did you checked the pricing?

p.s. I'll be flying on exact same flights back and forth next and following week, but we are having later departure after QR171 lands in ARN, but it is a concern still.
I've decided to take the 12hr layover at DOH, get out of the airport for the afternoon then catch the 01:50 QR169 back to ARN for 07:15. Saves on the hotel cost at ARN and gives plenty of options for getting back to LHR.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 8:56 am

Very wise choice. I am planing April trip and weighing up layover options in Doha, btw currently it's 23-26 oC during daytime in Doha, which makes current day trip ideal. I must dwell into the things to do during longer than 8 hr layover. Must be interesting for both day and night time trips to the city? Need to read through separate FT topics on such.
Old Jan 20, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Gobber
Must be interesting for both day and night time trips to the city? Need to read through separate FT topics on such.
This one might be useful

QR free transit visa - DIY Doha night tour?

The context of the thread being around the free transit visa has now gone but there are nuggets in there on what to do and how to do it.
Muttley and Gobber like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.