Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by Abyssin
Seem less expensive to do a JFK-SIN-JFK than a CDG BKK!
Mobile promo and also there is a J promo from CDG until Jun 30th
Not that they are close to be equals but Finnair has been a solid $3000 USD for sometime from JFK or so to BKK,SIN and Japan on A330 and A350 hard products. No matter which airline SIN is a good airport on decent fares to gateway to other airports in the region.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
The promo from CDG just disapear after two days ( receive a mail that the validity was till 30/06)........what a mess actually in QR management and pricing
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:39 am

Originally Posted by Karl Gustav Annus
FB ad:

''Save up to 10% in Economy and Business Class tickets using promo code QRNL18''

It did shave a 4% off the total price for a cheapo AMS-AKL/SYD-AMS trip in Y.
That code added $150 to the cost as opposed to no code, cheeky .......s!

Last edited by Croupier; Jun 16, 2018 at 3:42 am Reason: Wow Bast,ard is a rude word on these forums? Sorry Grandma :-)
Old Jun 17, 2018, 9:29 am

Programs: qantas
I am looking to go from Sydney Australia to Kigali and then returning Entebbe to Sydney Australia to go Gorilla trekking for my 50th birthday. Looking at the flight times and prices Qatar is looking good.
I would love to fly business class and surprise my partner but have no real idea of the sales/promos that Qatar has. We are both teachers so need to travel end of Dec returning mid Jan.

Should I just book now and get economy or suggestions on potential timing for sales or am I just dreaming about a BC sale during Dec/Jan. Thanks in advance
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by twilsoncrow
I am looking to go from Sydney Australia to Kigali and then returning Entebbe to Sydney Australia to go Gorilla trekking for my 50th birthday. Looking at the flight times and prices Qatar is looking good.
I would love to fly business class and surprise my partner but have no real idea of the sales/promos that Qatar has. We are both teachers so need to travel end of Dec returning mid Jan.

Should I just book now and get economy or suggestions on potential timing for sales or am I just dreaming about a BC sale during Dec/Jan. Thanks in advance
A sale for school holidays flights is very unlikely to happen but if it happen, you should be able to upfare your ticket to business class, just paying the fare difference.
twilsoncrow likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:10 pm

Programs: qantas
Thanks for your reply. Didnt think that was the case...it never is. I didnt know about the upfare opportunity so will keep an eye out.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by twilsoncrow
Thanks for your reply. Didnt think that was the case...it never is. I didnt know about the upfare opportunity so will keep an eye out.
Of course, QR is not the only airline to fly to KGL/EBB. I've flown to both on very cheap flights on SN, though in economy...
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, QR Gold
This is so frustrating waiting for a half decent sale since january this year. Hope there is a premium sale soon
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by sid7122
This is so frustrating waiting for a half decent sale since january this year. Hope there is a premium sale soon
Tell me about it ...
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:08 pm

Also waiting for a sale. Not an expert but QR heavily sponsoring world cup. Next world cup is in qatar. My guess towards the end of the tournament, some tie in sale?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
IMO the next major, system-wide sale we can reasonably expect will be after the boycott/blockade/whatever is resolved. It will be called some variant of the We're Back sale. Until then, while there will be "sales," I don't expect that they will be all that great, consistent with what I've seen over the past year.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
IMO the next major, system-wide sale we can reasonably expect will be after the boycott/blockade/whatever is resolved. It will be called some variant of the We're Back sale. Until then, while there will be "sales," I don't expect that they will be all that great, consistent with what I've seen over the past year.
I agree with you on this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
^

And even before the blockade started, it was IMO clear that QR was going to use the introduction of the QSuites to hike their fares a little.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
IMO the next major, system-wide sale we can reasonably expect will be after the boycott/blockade/whatever is resolved.
That will probably be the 12th of Never, then. I see that the Saudis are planning to separate themselves from Qatar by building a large canal, effectively turning Qatar into an island...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Grace B
That will probably be the 12th of Never, then. I see that the Saudis are planning to separate themselves from Qatar by building a large canal, effectively turning Qatar into an island...
At least if they do build the canal, and they can ever reconcile their differences, they can build a lovely friendship bridge and and pat each other on the back. In the meantime it's daggers and handbags at dawn.
united78 and nilsfr69 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.