Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
ok, It DOES work. opened *www.qatarairways.com* on my iphone, went to "my" promo page (germany) where it says, book via mobile,
put in dates etc etc, hit return, iphone opens the mobile app on my phone and there it show some lowered rates compared to what i just looked up on my desktop
(priced out hel-bkk, desktop 1777E, on my mobile, same dates 1674E) not exactly 10% but it says in T&C " ...up to 10%... lower)
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
I’m getting some funny pricing on BKK-USA-vv flights for early next year. “Business Promo” fares are showing, but they’re actually higher by a few baht than Business Saver, Business Value, and *even* Business Flexi.

What gives? Anyone seen this?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover
I’m getting some funny pricing on BKK-USA-vv flights for early next year. “Business Promo” fares are showing, but they’re actually higher by a few baht than Business Saver, Business Value, and *even* Business Flexi.

I have seen this before. Why it happens, no idea.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Get a promo code from Qatar email
"GOMOBILE" valid 12 to 19 June, only mobile device/app.
Pretending 10% off

Just tried and say code expired

Someone are more lucky ?
When using the mobile website (and use an actual mobile device) it does offer the (10%?) discounted fares, compared with Google flights. No promo-code required.
Still not too attractive unless from ARN or HEL but personally I’m done with positioning flights and extra overnight stays in the Nordics due to early departures or late inbound arrivals.
Would be really nice to see those 1350-something fares to BKK again and from more EU-cities.

Traveller999 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by MegatopLover

Yesterday, when checking the new promotions, I did see a lower Business saver fare than the Business promo and on that occasion there was only one Business saver seat available and still 4 Business promo seats. Perhaps that’s why.

Last edited by Great_circle; Jun 13, 2018 at 3:32 pm
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:14 am

i priced it out and it was an acceptable fare, 16xx, but after adding positioning flights (even with miles) maybe hotel stays, the extra time and flights, luggage restrictions etc etc , it was 150E cheaper from HEL, than just to drive 15 min to my airport (TXL) and start relaxed and well rested. Yes its "only" the old 777, but the in-air softproduct is still GREAT
Originally Posted by Great_circle

.......ARN or HEL but personally I’m done with positioning flights and extra overnight stays in the Nordics due to early departures or late inbound arrivals.
Would be really nice to see those 1350-something fares to BKK again and from more EU-cities.

Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
i priced it out and it was an acceptable fare, 16xx, but after adding positioning flights (even with miles) maybe hotel stays, the extra time and flights, luggage restrictions etc etc , it was 150E cheaper from HEL, than just to drive 15 min to my airport (TXL) and start relaxed and well rested. Yes its "only" the old 777, but the in-air softproduct is still GREAT
I personally love the 'old' QR 777 seats, even when travelling solo, but the thing is that I (but Mrs Great_circle in particular) can no longer be bothered to position within EU with separate bookings and perhaps even extra hotel stays that have little to do with the intended trip, especially when the added cost on top of the EU-Asia booking equal airfare from the hometown..
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:54 pm

if the 11xxE fare comes back, I will definitely position again, but since ABs timely demise, QR is the only "direct" flight to Asia and Australia from Berlin, so since then there haven't been any rates below 2000 from here
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: TK*G, AB G ;), HH D
FB ad:

''Save up to 10% in Economy and Business Class tickets using promo code QRNL18''

It did shave a 4% off the total price for a cheapo AMS-AKL/SYD-AMS trip in Y.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL
Remember that these 10% off etc codes advertise a percentage of the fare, not the taxes.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Great_circle
Still not too attractive unless from ARN or HEL but personally I’m done with positioning flights and extra overnight stays in the Nordics due to early departures or late inbound arrivals.
I’ve never had any issues finding convenient Nordic QR flight departures and arrivals, the positioning flights don’t bother me either as they generally fulfil two of the required four flights for BAEC, and overnight stays outbound or inbound are a good opportunity to visit cities I might not otherwise visit.

However over and above all those factors is the Nordic winter weather. When Mrs PtF and I passed through HEL in late February this year the temperature was -17C (real feel -27C)!!!! Lesson learned - no more QR ex-EU flights from Nordic countries during the winter months if they involve hotel stopovers - same day onward journeys that don’t require you to leave the warmth and comfort of the terminal are still probably OK.
Abyssin and Great_circle like this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
This promo it's a big joke ...... for OCT ARN fare to BKK are more expensive than from CDG and from CDG more expensive than 3 weeks ago when I took my tkts !!!!!
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Abyssin
This promo it's a big joke ...... for OCT ARN fare to BKK are more expensive than from CDG and from CDG more expensive than 3 weeks ago when I took my tkts !!!!!
What is this promo you speak of?

I log in and see nothing new and nothing new in my emails.

edit: Went to google flights. Finally a sale from JFK-BKK-JFK in J around 4k USD versus the 6-10k USD typical fare.

edit 2: $3114 USD JFK-SIN-JFK with QSuites JFK-DOH-JFK and A350 DOH-SIN_DOH. $2914 USD non-QSuites.

Last edited by NJSwamplands; Jun 14, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:05 pm

OHHHHHHHH QR IT you got me again

Bangkok from $2051 USD you say on your email. Clicking the "Book now" takes me to the QR booking webpage for LHR to BKK Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

It is really $3600 USD from ORD-BKK-ORD
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: Not stuck with an Alliance anymore, Star gold, OW Saph
Originally Posted by NJSwamplands
What is this promo you speak of?

I log in and see nothing new and nothing new in my emails.

edit: Went to google flights. Finally a sale from JFK-BKK-JFK in J around 4k USD versus the 6-10k USD typical fare.

edit 2: $3114 USD JFK-SIN-JFK with QSuites JFK-DOH-JFK and A350 DOH-SIN_DOH. $2914 USD non-QSuites.
Seem less expensive to do a JFK-SIN-JFK than a CDG BKK!
Mobile promo and also there is a J promo from CDG until Jun 30th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.