Sale Fares Discussion

Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Dirty_Idea
they have blackouts from mid June to mid Sept
That's standard summer holiday peak period, the same as Easter and X-mas periods. Why discount ticket prices, if they will be sold anyway, pure business.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by oruvin
That's standard summer holiday peak period, the same as Easter and X-mas periods. Why discount ticket prices, if they will be sold anyway, pure business.
I guessed as much, so to check my understanding: this is a period that QR doesn't usually discount? There's little point me waiting to buy tickets for August if the price is only going to go up.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Great_circle
I think that during a QR sale Premium is not applicable as a Flight deals item for every departure city, hence no Premium only box. Or so it seems.
When I choose other departure points I will see the Premium options as well as priced examples when scrolling down.
Thanks for the reply. Interesting that your experience differs from mine. For me, the "Premium only" box either is there or isn't, regardless of which airport I choose in the drop-down. All the checkbox does is hide Economy specials, making it easier to see the Premium ones. Even without the checkbox, I think if there are any Premium specials for the airport selected in the drop-down, they will be shown, but only at the end of the Economy specials, so it's harder to see them.
Old Mar 31, 2018, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by Dirty_Idea
I guessed as much, so to check my understanding: this is a period that QR doesn't usually discount? There's little point me waiting to buy tickets for August if the price is only going to go up.
What I can say is:
During CBR sale end of December there were no blackout dates. I booked ARN-DOH-CBR for mid of August 2019 with same promo price.
Of course these dates will be gone first, as everyone wants to fly during holiday times.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 12:59 am

Hey fellow aviators, Im seem to be stuck. Cant seem to get onto any QR sale fares 1100-1200 from Nordics to Malaysia (KUL/Penang or Langawaki even the usual suspects in Singapore or BKK)
unless im missing a trick?
would appreciate anyones assisTnce.
thank you!
Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:39 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, IHG Gold, Oman Gold
Hi capt787. No sales at moment. Might be something coming up. I need to book some flights for work, still get Hel to BKK for around 1500 which is not bad v London etc.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up for HEL-BKK route. Yeah im hoping somethinng crops up...will be for personal travel. I do think the sales not as good ex-eu this year thus far.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:12 pm

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
Hello everyone
I'm planning on traveling from Argentina to somewhere in southeast Asia (SIN, KUL, BKK, etc) with a party of 5-7 in J in January/Feb next year. When do you think it'll be best tu purchase these tickets with QR?
I remember a few years ago were there was a sale were the more tickets you bought the cheaper it got, and they were around 3-3.5k from EZE to Asia.. they are at 6.5k atm
Old Apr 6, 2018, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Hi

You are doing well if you can get Helsinki for 1,500. I had a look today and the cheapest I could see was 1612.

Im going to try and hold off to the next QR Sale surely they will have one this month I hope anyway!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:24 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
QR running another VISAWKD promotion until 16 April. Just checked a few random dates I've been looking at recently and the prices with the promo code seem to have gone up not down! Not sure how QR get away with this!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 1:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by gms
Not sure how QR get away with this!
I don't think they do.
Old Apr 13, 2018, 4:56 am

Programs: qatar Airways
Originally Posted by gms
QR running another VISAWKD promotion until 16 April. Just checked a few random dates I've been looking at recently and the prices with the promo code seem to have gone up not down! Not sure how QR get away with this!
You are correct, I just tried to use this code from Kuwait to Doha departing on 04/15 and the price went up. without the code, the price was economy (V) 60KD with the code the price jumped to 70KD. that's a BIG difference btw.

t
Old Apr 13, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by mssidah
You are correct, I just tried to use this code from Kuwait to Doha departing on 04/15 and the price went up. without the code, the price was economy (V) 60KD with the code the price jumped to 70KD. that's a BIG difference btw.

t
My understanding is that the VISAWKD code gives a discount on the base fare of a ticket in a non discounted bucket.

If you have tickets in discounted bucket these will often still work out cheaper and the price goes up when you put the code in as it no longer shows the cheaper discounted tickets as they arent valid with the voucher.

Thats my take on it
Old Apr 13, 2018, 7:58 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Grace B
I don't think they do.
Clearly they do get away with it, since they keep running these 'fake' / misleading promotions. They will continue until someone takes legal action against them. Knowing QR they will probably still continue even if they lost a court case!
Old Apr 13, 2018, 2:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by gms
Clearly they do get away with it, since they keep running these 'fake' / misleading promotions. They will continue until someone takes legal action against them. Knowing QR they will probably still continue even if they lost a court case!
I haven't checked for the current promo, but I booked a ticket in January(or February?) that the VISAWKD code reduced by ~35%. After entring the code, there were a number of very limited business promo fares available that didn't appear without the code.

Finding that city pairs between and the dates on which the code works is however tedious.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.