Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I agree .I have been looking for a while and I see no benefit on those alleged special fares. I think QR are thinking it's April fools Day! I did see some one nice fares to Sydney in April...long, very long layover. Not seen anything for 2 for 1. Google flights show reasonable rates to Australia then when one goes into QR it goes not recognise the fare. Now just tempted to go BA ex ARN or OSL. Not my carrier of choice but much cheaper than QR.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by nivsy
I agree .I have been looking for a while and I see no benefit on those alleged special fares. I think QR are thinking it's April fools Day! I did see some one nice fares to Sydney in April...long, very long layover. Not seen anything for 2 for 1. Google flights show reasonable rates to Australia then when one goes into QR it goes not recognise the fare. Now just tempted to go BA ex ARN or OSL. Not my carrier of choice but much cheaper than QR.
How about OSL or ARN to CBR (via SYD) for approx USD$1700? Just booked it myself, depart late May, return late Oct. Still some availability on Qatarairways.com (but not as much as is shown on google)..
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B
How about OSL or ARN to CBR (via SYD) for approx USD$1700? Just booked it myself, depart late May, return late Oct. Still some availability on Qatarairways.com (but not as much as is shown on google)..
Perth would be my destination and in December and I think promotion covers that period? Thanks anyway. Yes I did see a few to Sydney in April and may.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What's the best deal anyone has been able to get to earn EQD and EQM on AA with the QRSUBSCRIBER promo? Is it CMB-PHL?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What's the best deal anyone has been able to get to earn EQD and EQM on AA with the QRSUBSCRIBER promo? Is it CMB-PHL?
For just over $1200 with the QRSUBSCRIBER promo, this will get you about 3700EQDs...that is more than a 3:1 spend:EQD ratio. It's probably the best deal I've seen in that regard. Even better than the BKK-LAX deal from last year.
Old Mar 14, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
I need to book 5 of us to Australia (into SYD, CBR, MEL or ADL, ideally back from CNS) in November, back mid December. Ideally from DUB will willing to go to ARN/OSL if the price is right.

Right now I'm seeing €2200 from ARN/OSL and around €3000 from DUB.

Can anyone who watches QR fares advise if I'm likely to find something better in the next few months?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by circusboy
I need to book 5 of us to Australia (into SYD, CBR, MEL or ADL, ideally back from CNS) in November, back mid December. Ideally from DUB will willing to go to ARN/OSL if the price is right.

Right now I'm seeing €2200 from ARN/OSL and around €3000 from DUB.

Can anyone who watches QR fares advise if I'm likely to find something better in the next few months?

Thanks.
Of course things change, nothing is certain but based on previous Qatar sales - even longer running ones rather than 'flash' sales I'd be expect to pay 1750-1800EUR per person from OSL/ARN to Australia without to much problem.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Is there a way to see current QR premium sales? Sometimes, the Qatarairways web site has a "premium only" checkbox in the "Our latest flight deals" area, but other times it's gone and it only shows me economy, and I can't figure out how to get it back. When it's there I can use the drop-down to pick each airport QR flies out of, then change my country and start over. When it's not there I'm stumped.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:15 am

I notice that QR has a June-Sept blackout for the sales recently. I would guess this is nothing new, but does anyone know if they usually remove this from T&Cs of offers as we get closer to the dates, or should I accept that there is unlikely to be a sale fare for travel in late august?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:20 am

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Originally Posted by Dirty_Idea
I notice that QR has a June-Sept blackout for the sales recently. I would guess this is nothing new, but does anyone know if they usually remove this from T&Cs of offers as we get closer to the dates, or should I accept that there is unlikely to be a sale fare for travel in late august?
I have the same question about December.

So far the offers I have seen need travel completed by 10th December, our plans are outbound in November and back on 22nd December. Are there likely to be an offer coming up that I can take advantage of?
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I know there is usually blackouts around Ramadan but they are perhaps putting in Blackout dates to keep travel periods for sale later in the year,
Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
I know there is usually blackouts around Ramadan but they are perhaps putting in Blackout dates to keep travel periods for sale later in the year,
Or simply because they expect high demand anyway. Late December/Early January is unquestionably very popular.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by anabolism
Is there a way to see current QR premium sales? Sometimes, the Qatarairways web site has a "premium only" checkbox in the "Our latest flight deals" area, but other times it's gone and it only shows me economy, and I can't figure out how to get it back. When it's there I can use the drop-down to pick each airport QR flies out of, then change my country and start over. When it's not there I'm stumped.
Is this just me where the "Premium only" box vanishes from the "Our latest flight deals" area? How are people finding sales?
Great_circle likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC back to silver, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by anabolism
Is this just me where the "Premium only" box vanishes from the "Our latest flight deals" area? How are people finding sales?
I think that during a QR sale Premium is not applicable as a ‘Flight deals’ item for every departure city, hence no ‘Premium only’ box. Or so it seems.
When I choose other departure points I will see the Premium options as well as priced examples when scrolling down.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Or simply because they expect high demand anyway. Late December/Early January is unquestionably very popular.
Agreed, but they have blackouts from mid June to mid Sept. That's a quarter of the year. Hopefully they'll repent and open these up later when the demand doesn't materialise. I just got back from a EUR1500 ARN-SYD. Outstanding value and a great trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.