Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: miles and more
Why QR does not post discounts 6 months in advance Like European airlines.?

Anyone know whyQR airfares are Expensive 6 months prior to travel date and discounts show up very late.Most US travellers have to plan way ahead to fly abroad due to vacation times and weather.Thanks.
Example.BA gave a fare as low as $2800/-ORD to MAA while QR was in $4000/range for January 2018.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by JasperT
New 48 hour sale from Brussels, only a few good premium fares like BRU - DPS for €17xx
Any link?
Old Nov 28, 2017, 7:11 am

NA-Flyer if you click on the flag at the top right of your present home page, clck on Eupope,click on Belgium English and you have the BRU homepage where the offers start. They continue on other pages so a link would not be entirely accurate!
However if you want a link then https://www.qatarairways.com/en-be/homepage.html.
Please note that this is NOT the place to post such requests since many have e-mail notification of new posts. thus you, and I, are causing them not only extra work but causing them annoyance.
The proper thread for your request is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...iscussion.html as stated in the Wiki of this thread.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 3:23 pm

I am looking for a ticket from OSL to SIN in the summer next year. The shortest route with Qatar would then be OSL-DOH-SIN in C. But I would rather fly OSL-LHR-DOH-SIN since then I get 1 more flight and also the 777 with Qsuites or A380 with the bar from LHR to DOH. If I look at Qatar homepage the shortest route is coming with the lowest fare, but I can see the LHR routing further down with a much higher price. But when I check ITA matrix I can find fares that is quite close to the shortest route price from Qatar website. The question is, how can I book this fare? I tried multi city on Qatarairways.com and BA.com but could not find anything there. Can I call Qatar and book on the phone? Will they be able to find the same fare as ITA matrix? Or do you have any other ideas?
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
The question is, how can I book this fare?
Try Google Flights. If you can find what you want there, most of the time you can click over from Google Flights to a bookable version of your selected itinerary.

Last edited by Dr. HFH; Dec 1, 2017 at 2:33 am Reason: Grammar correction.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
The new PEN-DOH- (Europe) route is not exceptionally cheap, but seems to be cheaper than most of the other Asian cities.

PEN-DOH-CDG / LHR is currently costing 4600 USD for a pair of business class tickets. Availability wide open from 6 February onwards.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 5:43 pm

As the T&Cs on the link you've provided indicate, the bonus Qmiles and Qpoints are 'only applicable to selected Privilege Club Members who received an email communication and who book through Qatarairways.com or Qatar Airways mobile app using the promo code: PCSPECIAL'
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:16 pm

Yes, the T&Cs do indeed say that. From his commentary, though, Ollila seems to think that anyone can use the PCSPECIAL code and will gain the other bonuses if they do. I am wondering whether or not he might be onto something.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:05 pm

One of the Business Class flights from Australia to Europe is much cheaper using this code, but when I choose an open jaw in Europe (i.e. fly back from a different airport it says "The requested cabin class is full or not available in at least one of the options listed below" & then prices at full price).
Does anyone know a way around this?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:56 pm
R2

IME the promo codes usually don't work for open jaw itineraries. T&C's for two recent promo codes I have used - ONTHEGO and QR20YEARS - explicitly excluded open jaws.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
I'm confused between the Sale thread versus the discussion thread, indeed, the sale thread keeps drifting back to discussion. The new QPoints and Status offers, are they in the scope of the sale thread? Can we have clarification in the wiki? In which case mention, and discuss in this one?

I'm not saying drop all "discussion" from the sales thread, it's there you get the gems such as which cities are dirt cheap this time around
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: EK Silver, QR Gold
Originally Posted by Smid
I'm confused between the Sale thread versus the discussion thread, indeed, the sale thread keeps drifting back to discussion. The new QPoints and Status offers, are they in the scope of the sale thread? Can we have clarification in the wiki? In which case mention, and discuss in this one?
I'm with you, I read Philodemus' post about the promocode, and now read this thread wanting to re-read Philodemus' post.. Having to go all the way back to the other thread...
And this is not the first time I've been confused thinking some post was missing before realising it's in the other thread. (mind you I don't think we should move to being a BA forum where every topic gets a new thread every single day, but still.)

Seems like if anything it's just making discussing/giving input harder.
remdk likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by JasperT
Seems like if anything it's just making discussing/giving input harder.
Indeed. It's what I imagined it would be. But at least it's been given a fair go.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by R2
IME the promo codes usually don't work for open jaw itineraries. T&C's for two recent promo codes I have used - ONTHEGO and QR20YEARS - explicitly excluded open jaws.
Interesting. When it was active, the QR20YEARS promo code worked for me for open jaw (either origin or destination). Not sure if this is a rarity.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by Philodemus
Yes, the T&Cs do indeed say that. From his commentary, though, Ollila seems to think that anyone can use the PCSPECIAL code and will gain the other bonuses if they do. I am wondering whether or not he might be onto something.
Indeed I wonder if you credit to a different FFP what happens ? ... Discount ( modest price discount) worked and you can enter in any FFP as usual in the Manage Booking section ... Let you know next month .. curious to hear if anyone has any other experiences

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.