Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I received an email from QR today stating code TRAVELQR but the email doesn't state what the code is good for, nor does it have any impact on price on the itineraries I tried. Based in Finland.

Edit: LOL, it seems this is valid only for flights to Jakarta. Which doesn't accept visitors anyway. What a waste of time.

Last edited by ffay005; Aug 25, 2020 at 1:19 pm
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Is $3600 return from LAX to India a good deal on the QSuites?
Originally Posted by #1son
IMO 3600 is far too high in this market, should be closer to 2k
Originally Posted by SFO756FO
Agreed. $2600 i’d maybe consider a good deal.
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
USA - India was always an expensive Business Class route as many Indian descent USA citizens/residents visit their family or grand-family on a regular occasion.
As far as I know, the usual sale prices are between $3000 and $3500 and everything under $3000 r/t should be considered as a deal.

$3600 is a price that is normal for the LAX-India route.
What about USD3700 LAX-MLE r/t in J ( fare class R)? Is that good or normal fare?

Update: The above was from yesterday; can't find it anymore today. But I found USD3900 SFO-LAX-DOH-MLE r/t in J. Is that good?

Last edited by sfvoyage; Oct 1, 2020 at 1:29 pm
Old Dec 17, 2020, 10:21 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
No BIG sale for Qatar National Day?!

First time ever that Qatar Airways has NOT offered some type of sale on Qatar National Day.
Maybe not so bad as the travel restrictions for entering countries is still very much in effect.
Maybe there will be a big sale for New Years or maybe something build around the GCC Summit of Jan 05, 2021 if the GCC can end the blockade of Qatar.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:51 pm

Wishful thinking but would love to see a boxing day sale
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Once the vaccine starts the rollout in earnest this Spring, we should start to see some countries address the return of foreign tourists who can demonstrate they've had their immunization shots. Once that happens, I will feel a lot more confident about purchasing a ticket.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Once the vaccine starts the rollout in earnest this Spring, we should start to see some countries address the return of foreign tourists who can demonstrate they've had their immunization shots. Once that happens, I will feel a lot more confident about purchasing a ticket.
Maybe. But even if you have been immunized by the vaccine you might still carry the virus and be infectious to others. Time will tell.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Crucial to that is evidence that those vaccinated are not carrying and spreading the virus. And that certainty is going to take time to emerge.

Host countries generally don't give a hoot about the health of visitors. Their concern is to protect their own citizens and the integrity of their nations' health services. A while there's some comfort knowing that visitors are immune, they might have to wait until their own population has been immunised before encouraging tourism.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 12:13 am

Qatar January Sale?

Hi, does Qatar normally have any deals coming up this time of year? We are two persons planning trip mid Feb Stockholm - Male. Previous years I saw a compain 2-4-1.
Thanks
Old Dec 20, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Usually, yes, there is a sale in January.
This year, there probably will be a sale.
Will the sale be anything like previous years, and what the members of this forum have grown to expect, no one on here knows.

Yields and bookings are decimated.
Lounge access on cheap J tickets has been vaporised.
Airlines need cash. But equally not cash at any price.
passy777 and matore like this.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:30 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
I’d say the mid Jan sale is often the best of the year and I would (personally) wait until then to book any flights you would need from feb onwards. QR didn’t really offer anything for Black Friday so this year could be different, but I wouldn’t see much disadvantage to waiting.

Without status, due to lounge issues, I would go with a different airline though.
matore likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 10:23 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
So what's currently a sound advice for someone like me, who's looking for a discount on an I(ndia) class booking in C from Europe to Singapore in Feb-May 2022? (Yes, the pandemic permitting.) The recent UEFA discount wasn't helpful, since the validity timeframe was too close to the present. Any likelihood of seeing something meaningful within the next few months or would I be better off booking something else within OW? It's not like I can probably bank on getting good seats and availability in any January 2022 sale for a departure in late Feb, or is it actually likely?

And before someone asks me: R(omeo) class fares have the 1 month maximum stay restriction, which means I need a higher fare bucket.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
So what's currently a sound advice for someone like me, who's looking for a discount on an I(ndia) class booking in C from Europe to Singapore in Feb-May 2022? (Yes, the pandemic permitting.) The recent UEFA discount wasn't helpful, since the validity timeframe was too close to the present. Any likelihood of seeing something meaningful within the next few months or would I be better off booking something else within OW? It's not like I can probably bank on getting good seats and availability in any January 2022 sale for a departure in late Feb, or is it actually likely?

And before someone asks me: R(omeo) class fares have the 1 month maximum stay restriction, which means I need a higher fare bucket.
I just took a quick peek at Matrix and found this (I class ARN-DOH-SIN for $2,147.70 round-trip all-in):

These were just dates and flights picked pretty much at random, there seems to be quite good availability for this fare on multiple dates and at different times.
physicsdude likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by anabolism
I just took a quick peek at Matrix and found this (I class ARN-DOH-SIN for $2,147.70 round-trip all-in):

These were just dates and flights picked pretty much at random, there seems to be quite good availability for this fare on multiple dates and at different times.
There are really good deals for Europe <-> Asia in I or D and a lot of them are below $2500 which is nice.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 12:45 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by anabolism
I just took a quick peek at Matrix and found this (I class ARN-DOH-SIN for $2,147.70 round-trip all-in)
Thank you for your effort! However I was already aware of that I(ndia) class fare from ARN. Furthermore it's not a sale, but the standard fare ex-SE.

I was just wondering if somebody had any clue about when to expect the actual next sale. Any sale with an associated discount code tends to be best for doing I(ndia) class bookings now.
Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:33 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata

There's FRA-SIN for 1.5K, max stay of 6 months. ITA is your friend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.