Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
Many flights are empty, when will they launch new redemptions easy deals?
Until the outbreak is contained and they have a reason to start attracting people to flying again then I doubt you will see much offers for anything. From an airline's perspective there is no reason to put out cheap seats, as it heavily increases the potential liabilities for passenger ending up stranded or travelling under rapidly changing rules. Those factors would just add to the problems for their call centers which basically are melting down as it is.

...on the other hand. Once (or if) this stuff is contained and they are going to need to revive peoples lust for travel, then you are going to see offers thrown at you.

-A
Old Jun 18, 2020, 5:25 pm

Is $3600 return from LAX to India a good deal on the QSuites?
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
IMO 3600 is far too high in this market, should be closer to 2k
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by #1son
IMO 3600 is far too high in this market, should be closer to 2k
Agreed. $2600 i’d maybe consider a good deal.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
USA - India was always an expensive Business Class route as many Indian descent USA citizens/residents visit their family or grand-family on a regular occasion.
As far as I know, the usual sale prices are between $3000 and $3500 and everything under $3000 r/t should be considered as a deal.

$3600 is a price that is normal for the LAX-India route.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by Luca Suomi
Many flights are empty, when will they launch new redemptions easy deals?

I'm hoping for this too.
Ideally with a much longer window than in the past, covering perhaps the first three months of 2021.

Though at the moment something odd is going on with redemption availability as it is.
Huge swathes of future redemption availability has been disappearing across many routes, with plenty having no availability at all......!

Redemption availability in general has been decimated :-(

Anyway, looking forward to a sale ex-UK or EU !
Wishful thinking but surely they'd rather get some money in now for future flights at a discount than suffer this gigantic cash flow dearth.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:41 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Just noticed LHR-DOH(!) is on sale currently at £1,800. This is the first time in memory (several years) I recall this route as pricing anywhere near this, I'm not even sure I remember this route ever being less than £3k. I think it's safe to assume QR is expecting a pretty bad year...
Really that is still shocking for a 6hr flight.
But that's capitalism :-)
Old Jul 18, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
I'm hoping for this too.
Ideally with a much longer window than in the past, covering perhaps the first three months of 2021.

Though at the moment something odd is going on with redemption availability as it is.
Huge swathes of future redemption availability has been disappearing across many routes, with plenty having no availability at all......!

Redemption availability in general has been decimated :-(

Anyway, looking forward to a sale ex-UK or EU !
Wishful thinking but surely they'd rather get some money in now for future flights at a discount than suffer this gigantic cash flow dearth.
I think there is a mix of not knowing which flight they will be keeping in the long run so not to be on the hook for rebooking you on other airlines. Sales currently might be limited by the book with confidence policy and them not wanting to have to deal with many destination changes.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Is $3600 return from LAX to India a good deal on the QSuites?
I paid USD 1680 for the same trip last year on QR in Business - Q Suites on three out of four flights.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 2:47 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Hel-Doh

Prices are excellent to Doha at the moment, 1070 euros in business class rtn. Wide open 2021. Not Qsuite, but 350-900 still good.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:42 am

For €200 - €300 more, you could travel from OSL to BKK or SIN or HKG return, and have more of a chance to experience Q suites on the Asian flights. I don't expect Qatar to allow in any non-citizens before Dec 2020.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:14 pm

Use promo code QRAPP before 12 August 2020, for travel between 6 August 2020 and 31 March 2021. 10% off through the app.

Someone's having a bit of fun with that code (say it out loud), either that or there's an awareness at QR how rubbish their promotions are!
Old Aug 11, 2020, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by mr_botak
Use promo code QRAPP before 12 August 2020, for travel between 6 August 2020 and 31 March 2021. 10% off through the app.

Someone's having a bit of fun with that code (say it out loud), either that or there's an awareness at QR how rubbish their promotions are!
I was just thinking that a couple of hours ago!
Old Aug 11, 2020, 4:10 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
14835 NOK OSL - BKK with Q Suites on the DOH BKK route. QRAPP didn't seem to work and lives up to it's name/
Old Aug 15, 2020, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
QRAPP didn't seem to work and lives up to it's name/
It also didn't work (during the advertised period) for booking to Australia or New Zealand on the app.

Any other promo codes floating around at present?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.