Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:09 am

Can't add too much regarding the metal out of SOF except to say that it is a 320 with recliners. Decent enough and it was more than fine for a short(ish) daytime flight.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Qatar seems to have a very good fare WAW-BKK (2pax - 2582€), with plenty of dates Jan-Mar 2020, I haven't looked further. A good mixture of wide-body planes on this route, including Qsuite on the DOH-BKK segment.

I think it can only be booked in the next 7 hours or so, there is a countdown clock on their landing page.

Old Sep 17, 2019, 9:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by Deckter
Qatar seems to have a very good fare WAW-BKK (2pax - 2582€), with plenty of dates Jan-Mar 2020, I haven't looked further. A good mixture of wide-body planes on this route, including Qsuite on the DOH-BKK segment.

I think it can only be booked in the next 7 hours or so, there is a countdown clock on their landing page.
Exceptional fare!
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Wow, this would have been exactly what I've been looking for during the last few months! Too bad I was only checking the other QR thread for good fares. Are these flash sales common with QR? The current price for this same route, btw, is around 200e more for each passenger.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 8:42 am

Promo code from ARN, GOT and CPH. Did not work on promo fares but worked on other fares, Might be of use to some:

Qatar Airways Corporate Partners

The offer
  • Agreement valid until 31 October 2019.
  • Travel from Stockholm, Gothenburg and Copenhagen to all Qatar Airways destinations worldwide.
  • Discounts vary according to destination and booking class.
  • Valid on Qatar Airways flights only.
  • Agreement is valid for bookings made through the provided corporate code.
  • Corporate fares valid on one way and return flights.
  • Change/cancellation permitted according to agreement.
How to book
  • In order to book your flight, please insert your unique code in the designated “Promo Code” field.
  • Booking can also be done directly on our homepage: http://www.qatarairways.com/se
PROMO CODE = CORPDEAL
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:18 am

Sale from USA ? IAH?

Looking for few business class tickets from Houston to HKG, returning from MLE in July 2020. What is the best time to buy such tickets in term of good price?
Does QR have sale often from IAH? Any deal to have during Thanksgiving or Christmas? Any historical input from someone?

Not necessarily have to been on QR but from my monitoring on this route last two months, QR always has the best price.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by neuro0
Looking for few business class tickets from Houston to HKG, returning from MLE in July 2020. What is the best time to buy such tickets in term of good price?
Does QR have sale often from IAH? Any deal to have during Thanksgiving or Christmas? Any historical input from someone?

Not necessarily have to been on QR but from my monitoring on this route last two months, QR always has the best price.
I have seen USA-Far East sales in the past for QR Economy. Most destinations were within the $699-$999 interval. But, I haven't remember anything for Business Class or First Class, and I don't remember the dates when the promotion was active.

QR prices do not increase significantly ( despite the route ) until a week or two to the flight, so you have plenty of time to wait for a sale. However, this may not be valid if there is an exposition, conference, or any event that could increase prices for flight tickets at Hong Kong or Houston.
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thos of you who follow QR fares closely: are there ever any special J fares from Europe to KGL / Kigali, Rwanda? I'm trying to price it from several airports, and ARN seems one of the cheapest. Any other suggestions?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 10:16 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
Thos of you who follow QR fares closely: are there ever any special J fares from Europe to KGL / Kigali, Rwanda? I'm trying to price it from several airports, and ARN seems one of the cheapest. Any other suggestions?
SKG-KGL/KGL-ATH 1872 EUR
but A320 on Greece-DOH so probably no lie flat
or if you don't mind having a long detour via Morroco : RAK/CMN-KGL 1900 EUR and lie flat all the way (and choose carefully a QR flight and not an AT flight between Morroco and DOH, as long as AT has not yet joined oneworld)
ffay005 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thanks! Problem is that I'm based in HEL and would require sensible positioning flights. In practice I'm dependent on AY for feeders so the more exotic destinations are usually out of the question.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 4:26 am

I see that there are some teaser adverts of a Qatar Black Friday special. Fingers crossed for some decent fares
Old Nov 26, 2019, 8:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by Morgo
I see that there are some teaser adverts of a Qatar Black Friday special. Fingers crossed for some decent fares
I have lost all my hope of good fares on Qatar but would love to be wrong

Last edited by more4less; Nov 26, 2019 at 11:30 am
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by Morgo
These teaser ads are for departure in what origin, if you don't mind sharing this information with us?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by more4less
I have lost all my hope of good fares on Qatar but would loved to be wrong
Unfortunately, your initial inclination seems to be mostly correct. The “sale” is $150 off select routes from the US in Y and $300 off select routes from the US in J. For Y, that actually may not be too bad, but $300 off J is not that much, seeing that one could save nearly that much using an OTA and even more using Amex IAP. There is, however, an offer for up to 5x Qmiles (or qpesos Lol) for travel booked between today and December 1st, which may be a decent incentive to book a trip now.

edit: Here’s the QR link: https://www.qatarairways.com/en-us/o...CID=EMUS374890
Old Nov 28, 2019, 2:26 am

Thee are a few decent fares out there - will post a quick summary in the Sales fare thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.