Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by BobFF68
I got the email but at the end out of CGK there is really nothing special, the usual fare deals that they frequently offer all year round. Unfortunately since spring 2018 I could not see any other great deal to Europe in J. Despite I prefer QR, for next fall I will go with TK as I can still save around 800 USD for 2 tickets.
Agreed, I too switched the bulk of my travels between Europe and SE Asia to TK.
Worth also noting that a one way Europe-SE Asia J redemption cost only 45k miles with Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles program, compared to a hefty 145k qmiles with Qatar Airways...
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by Alfredbali
Worth also noting that a one way Europe-SE Asia J redemption cost only 45k miles with Turkish Airlines Miles and Smiles program, compared to a hefty 145k qmiles with Qatar Airways...
While this is true and Miles&Smiles can be a good choice, you don’t have to use the loyalty program of the airline you’re flying. Qatar’s program is pretty worthless.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:49 am

I am unable to find any reasonable prices from LHR or BHX to BKK or HKT in very late July and returning early August.
I saw it mention something about companion fares, but even when selecting two passengers the fares seem no lower than prior to this sale.

To be clear, 'reasonable' to me is under £2k pp.

Am I doing it wrong?

Last edited by Aston100; Sep 9, 2019 at 3:03 am
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:57 am

Having logged in, subscribed to the offer, and attempted to apply discount code FDO19 on a booking on my laptop, and, separately, code UPTO5OFF on my mobile - neither of these codes give any discount on the fares.

Has anyone been able to apply them successfully, or is this another IT glitch?
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
The $1,933 fare CMB-LAX is widely available in 2020, but not much before that. I'll probably grab it for my annual April trip.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Originally Posted by railways
Having logged in, subscribed to the offer, and attempted to apply discount code FDO19 on a booking on my laptop, and, separately, code UPTO5OFF on my mobile - neither of these codes give any discount on the fares.

Has anyone been able to apply them successfully, or is this another IT glitch?
From what I see when trying a dummy booking using code FDP19 (up to 10% discount), discount applies only on Business Saver fare, not on the cheaper Business Promo fare....
Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
From what I see when trying a dummy booking using code FDP19 (up to 10% discount), discount applies only on Business Saver fare, not on the cheaper Business Promo fare....
You're right .... yet it does apply to Economy Promo fares.

That's a bit sneaky - they should specify it in the conditions.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:21 am

SOF-SIN 1.234 through OTA or 1.274 at QR site
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:30 am

Programs: QR Platinum
I had a quick look at companion J fares ex Germany. Bejing ist 1.599,-- Euro pp. ex MUC. Shanghai is 1.659,-- Euro ex MUC or FRA (but 2.239,-- Euro ex TXL!). Apart from this nothing to write home about.
Aston100 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Gosh, prices are so good in this 'sale' that I'm going to book half a dozen long haul trips immediately. Not.

I've been tracking prices from multiple European cities to multiple south East Asian destinations for several weeks. Prices ex-UK have barely changed over that time, and no change at all today from what I was seeing last week. A few prices ex-EU have today dropped by about £50 but that's it. Clearly "Our greatest collection of fares are (sic) here" has been mistranslated from the Arabic and should read "A completely unexciting collection of fares has been ever so slightly rehashed"

There are still good deals to be had on Qatar, but not from the UK, and most of those that exist ex-EU have been around for several weeks now.
dragman likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
Gosh, prices are so good in this 'sale' that I'm going to book half a dozen long haul trips immediately. Not.

I've been tracking prices from multiple European cities to multiple south East Asian destinations for several weeks. Prices ex-UK have barely changed over that time, and no change at all today from what I was seeing last week. A few prices ex-EU have today dropped by about £50 but that's it. Clearly "Our greatest collection of fares are (sic) here" has been mistranslated from the Arabic and should read "A completely unexciting collection of fares has been ever so slightly rehashed"

There are still good deals to be had on Qatar, but not from the UK, and most of those that exist ex-EU have been around for several weeks now.
If there are ex-LON sale fares, I agree they haven't been loaded yet, as all the prices ex-LHR I've been tracking are still exactly the same.

Amusing that QR are throwing double/triple miles at QRPC members yet again!
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
I found the right dates, the perfect flights with the last 4 seats of availability, the spot-on sale price (1580 eur p.p.) ... and last page before paying... the pages freezes and nothing works.
Forced to start again, the flights are gone!
I am very disappointed & frustrated right now...
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Give it half an hour or so, the seats (availability) should come back. They were just blocked off for you.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Give it half an hour or so, the seats (availability) should come back. They were just blocked off for you.
it's been 55 minutes now and no luck
Old Sep 9, 2019, 2:01 pm

Oh, that sucks. Well, give it until tomorrow. Or book something else, but put it on hold only. In case your preferred seats come back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.