Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by WorldLux
Never mind swallows. Give us Sake and Satay fares! Or at least £1,500 J fares to AUS/NZ.
The current £1900 fares are excellent. Given the lack of R class availability, if one needs to get down under then I personally wouldn't be procrastinating over a small amount like this!
Flying Bosun likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:38 am

Itching to pull the trigger on a NOK 13.268 / € 1.360 OSL-SIN / BKK-ARN fare. Drawback is no double points because of September flying dates. There will probably be a better miles deal offer later in the year ( 3X/4X ?) but I think it’s doubtful that the rate will be significantly better in a next sale.

on a side note: I never knew that there were so many daily qr flights between BKK and DOH! A lot of seats to fill.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Forget about the stupid double points, QRPC is worthless anyway.
Just credit to BA and be happy.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Forget about the stupid double points, QRPC is worthless anyway.
Just credit to BA and be happy.
we all agree that the devaluation of PC last year was a poor decision that left many of us with devalued miles in our account that we were unable to spend as we orginally had hoped. Further more there was a period where even if tried. To redeem them there was very little availability too on certain routes.
Last month there was a selection of easy deals that saw a discount of miles spent on certain routes which of suited the ravelled would bring back to original spend prior to PC changes - not ideal but still an offer, despite having to pay sector booking fees.
the double mile promotions may suit some people, but the current one is offering double Q Points too , and for some who may be chasing status qualification this may work for them as one EU - Asia in B/C would get them very close to QR gold and one world sapphire. The one world analogy could be a mute point should QR leave One World. Just my thoughts and everyone has differing expectations.cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Flying that + 4 flights on BA/IB metal will also give you Oneworld Sapphire.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: qr
Flying that + 4 flights on BA/IB metal will also give you Oneworld Sapphire.
good point and very true , however if someone was not able to fly BA this could be another option for them .
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:39 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by jeroen100
Itching to pull the trigger on a NOK 13.268 / € 1.360 OSL-SIN / BKK-ARN fare. Drawback is no double points because of September flying dates. There will probably be a better miles deal offer later in the year ( 3X/4X ?) but I think it’s doubtful that the rate will be significantly better in a next sale.

on a side note: I never knew that there were so many daily qr flights between BKK and DOH! A lot of seats to fill.
Any idea why this combo works out cheaper than both OSL-SIN rtn and ARN-BKK return on their own? Curious now if there is any other creative routings that could shave some more off..
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:40 am

How long are these bookable? My +1 currently can’t plan ahead yet...
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:44 am

I don’t know. I did see that the return leg is about 1/3 of the total price (about 4.900NOK).

Edit: there is a 700-1100 NOK difference in YQAC (carrier imposed international surcharge).

Last edited by jeroen100; Jan 10, 2019 at 11:58 am
Old Jan 10, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: QR Plat, HH Diamond
I would never fly on BA if they were not a key OW partner, this thread is about QR anyhow ;-)
Abyssin likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:52 pm

I had just selected ARN-SIN for 2 pax, 3 seats remaining on the outbound, went to the payment page.
Then I was a bit too slow discussing with my gf if I should pay immediately or put the booking on hold.
Suddenly the QR website told me I had been inactive for too long - now only 1 seat is left.

I hope that it's still just blocking the 2 seats for me.
Anybody know when they will go back into circulation?
Thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
I had just selected ARN-SIN for 2 pax, 3 seats remaining on the outbound, went to the payment page.
Then I was a bit too slow discussing with my gf if I should pay immediately or put the booking on hold.
Suddenly the QR website told me I had been inactive for too long - now only 1 seat is left.

I hope that it's still just blocking the 2 seats for me.
Anybody know when they will go back into circulation?
Thanks.
No experience on QR, but have had the same happen to me on other carriers (for the same reason even). I believe it took an hour or two before the fare bucket was rereleased on SQ last time it happened, and I imagine it’s quite similar on QR.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 3:57 pm

Thanks! I don't understand why the system does that. I mean, it detected I was inactive and it gave me the option to repeat my latest search - why not immediately release the seats then? Sigh.
Crossing my fingers the seats will come back...

Edit: Phew, the seats came back pretty much straight away. Booked with the 72 hold period, great feature.
It'll expire at 12am at January 17, so exactly when the potential new sale will start, LOL. Maybe I should have waited an extra hour or so, but I just wanted to lock this in.

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Jan 13, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Sometimes clearing your cookies will sort this out
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:18 pm

No, the seats were gone on ExpertFlyer as well (R3 -> R1).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.