Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:14 pm

Seems like there’s a sale on from Oslo at least. £1650 to BKK, £1800 to HKG. Not sure what BKK was previously but HKG is down from 2,400. However was one of the most expensive OSL-HKG routings before.
Abyssin likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've been tracking SIN flights for September for the last month.

I missed out on the SOF for £1350 each in J because I'd rather fly from ARN or OSL.

OSL hasn't changed one bit. Still about £1600 each! Ready to pounce when they drop to about £1300 each.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 5:39 am

Come on Qatar! Everyone has started their sales already.
more4less and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:13 am

SOF to SIN is back down to £1350 overnight.
Lefly, dpfs and Mordac like this.
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:16 am

BUD - BKK in J, round trip, is about GBP 1,440 (EUR 1,600) on sale until 6 Jan.
dpfs likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by railways
BUD - BKK in J, round trip, is about GBP 1,440 (EUR 1,600) on sale until 6 Jan.

That's not a proper Qatar sale :-(
Abyssin likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:19 am

Any business class sales (ex-US) usually pop up this time of year?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
That's not a proper Qatar sale :-(
There is a proper BKK sale from MXP, at less than 1300 eur. It was about time, but I think there is a minimum stay of at least 4/5 days?
Old Dec 28, 2018, 10:28 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Given the lack of QR sales, I switched over to Oman for a recent trip to BKK, and posted review/comparison to QR in case anyone is interested

Oman (J) Review vs QR
Rifter and Alfredbali like this.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: QRPC-Silver & Star-Alliance
I've seen several airlines offering Christmas/New-Year deals, including some with competitors BA (some good fares for carry-on only) & Emirates & Etihad, one can only hope that QR will be offering some decent reductions before the middle of January, or people may well have been tempted to book elsewhere !

I myself am holding-off, for the moment, on booking at-least three return trips between Thailand and the UK in 2019, in the (vain ?) hope that this year's Sale will be worth waiting-for ! I can only hope that, when it finally arrives, I don't kick myself for ignoring the alternatives ?

Perhaps I should just abandon Qatar/OneWorld, and go for the acceptable-prices available elsewhere right now, better the bird in-the-hand than two Qbirds in-the-bush ?
Old Dec 31, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by Richard Bell
I've seen several airlines offering Christmas/New-Year deals, including some with competitors BA (some good fares for carry-on only) & Emirates & Etihad, one can only hope that QR will be offering some decent reductions before the middle of January, or people may well have been tempted to book elsewhere !

I myself am holding-off, for the moment, on booking at-least three return trips between Thailand and the UK in 2019, in the (vain ?) hope that this year's Sale will be worth waiting-for ! I can only hope that, when it finally arrives, I don't kick myself for ignoring the alternatives ?

Perhaps I should just abandon Qatar/OneWorld, and go for the acceptable-prices available elsewhere right now, better the bird in-the-hand than two Qbirds in-the-bush ?
Yes! Well that's my approach. I've booked 3 round trips from Australia to Europe so far for 2019, and not one of them involves a QR flight, and I don't feel in the least bit inconvenienced.

The carriers I'm flying include A3, BA, EK, MH, OS, TK, TG and WY. So QR can continue to play its little games to its heart's content, as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:12 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
What games are they playing?
onlysuites likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I’m not sure it was such a smart move on QR’s part to spoil us with those low fares. 😂
more4less likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by Grace B
Yes! Well that's my approach. I've booked 3 round trips from Australia to Europe so far for 2019, and not one of them involves a QR flight, and I don't feel in the least bit inconvenienced.

The carriers I'm flying include A3, BA, EK, MH, OS, TK, TG and WY. So QR can continue to play its little games to its heart's content, as far as I'm concerned.
Couldn't agree more, already flew EVA air business class and enjoyed it, next flights booked on Oman Air, my loyalty to Qatar Airways is now 0% and i'm perfectly fine with that.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Lurking for the biz deals here too!

Actually would be happy to fly QR sometimes in economy too BUT the lounges for OWE status are horrible crap in Doha. I have been in both and I just can't stand the cigarette smell floating in the lounges: both of them! It is like visiting some cheap bar buffet after which you have headache and smelly clothes.

I won't be taking QR economy until this (maybe never?) changes.

Al Mourjan is on different level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.