Wiki Posts
Search

Sale Fares Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Any idea when that coupon code expires?
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:53 pm

I thought I snagged a great deal when I bought J tickets two weeks ago. Today I saw the exact same tickets at USD185 cheaper per pax.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I booked DME-SGN for 900€ for me and a buddy some time ago, departure tomorrow.
However, we can't take that flight, so we'd like to rebook.

Any suggestions to what I could book?
I'm flexible about the travel dates, I just don't want to forfeit the ticket.
Ideally somewhere you could position to for a lower cost than Moscow (I have a German passport).
Partner sales would be fine, as we are to pax travelling anyway.
Thanks!

Last edited by ChocolateFactory; Oct 18, 2017 at 5:15 am
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Professional Bum
I thought I snagged a great deal when I bought J tickets two weeks ago. Today I saw the exact same tickets at USD185 cheaper per pax.
Refundable?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I booked DME-SGN for 900€ for me and a buddy some time ago, departure tomorrow.
However, we can't take that flight, so we'd like to rebook.

Any suggestions to what I could book?
I'm flexible about the travel dates, I just don't want to forfeit the ticket.
Ideally somewhere you could position to for a lower cost than Moscow (I have a German passport).
Partner sales would be fine, as we are to pax travelling anyway.
Thanks!
What are the ticket Ts & C's ? I would be surprised if on very cheap premium tickets you can change it one day before the flight. If you can there will be a change fee (few hundred £s I'd expect) and finding tickets in the same fare class which aren't substantially more expensive right now could be very difficult.
Good luck. Let me know how it pans out.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I was wrong, the departure is on Saturday. But still, few interesting fares at the moment...
Old Oct 18, 2017, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Bum
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Refundable?
I actually tried to rebook our tickets via MMB to the exact same flights just to see how the system will process the request. I saw that a $330 Change Fee was added and even with that fee I was quoted a $40 refund. However, there were error messages when I confirmed the transaction.

"We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.(IBE_99)"

"The passenger/document association already exists. Please check the form of payment information and try again. (46132 - 3671)"

Not sure if I was indeed entitled to a refund, though I didn't pursue it anymore.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
€40 refund on a €900 ticket is a bit harsh !!!
What is the name change fee & do you know anyone else who would like to take the flight for the cost of the change fee plus a little more than €40 in your pocket ?

Just a thought.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
These "night offers" seem to be populating on more and more sites. Seeing Norway, France, almost everywhere. Needless to say I'm taking advantage of Tokyo timing while on the sake fare to hunt. All quiet on the western front- thus far, at least to my eyes.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Anybody else get the email from QR about "Night promotion. Extra discounts available just for tonight."? This is for departures from the UK and valid for 12h. Not the greatest of deals.
Attached Images    
Old Oct 18, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by Fontana
Anybody else get the email from QR about "Night promotion. Extra discounts available just for tonight."? This is for departures from the UK and valid for 12h. Not the greatest of deals.
I did. Wasn't excited.

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Oct 19, 2017 at 2:15 am
Old Oct 18, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
I did. Some fares are as expensive as the companion fares. If I don't book when the price gets two seats, then I certainly won't book if it's only one seat. C'mon QR, give us a real deal.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Helps to search with either UKFLYNOW or QRDEAL as the discount code. Not much though...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by WorldLux
I did. Some fares are as expensive as the companion fares. If I don't book when the price gets two seats, then I certainly won't book if it's only one seat. C'mon QR, give us a real deal.
You missed them all last week. Patience, they'll come around again.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:41 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
You missed them all last week. Patience, they'll come around again.
No, I saw the offers last week as well and wasn't that impressed. In some cases they were only slightly cheaper than the competition flying more direct routes. Sure, you could argue that AF's soft product doesn't get close to QR's, but I'd pick AF with their new bizz on a 12H flight over 2x6H flights with QR. At the end of the day, I prefer sleeping to eating and drinking all flight long...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.