Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat54
Inaugural Flight Wiki:

Flight Number // FT username // Seat Number // Connecting from/to
QR324 : lost_in_translation : classified : QR874 (DOH-CAN)
QR323 : seat54 : 7K : QR831 (BKK - DOH)
QR324 : seat54 : 7K : QR946 (DOH - SIN)
Print Wikipost

The CWL (Cardiff) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:09 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Seat54

I am also on the flight with two friends both inbound and outbound.
Travelling BKK-DOH-CWL-DOH-SIN
I have also moved myself to 7K as I like that on the 359

See you on board
Wow, didn't realise Brexit had got so bad people were doing back-to-back flights to the UK from Asia for mileage runs already
Old Apr 16, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Wow, didn't realise Brexit had got so bad people were doing back-to-back flights to the UK from Asia for mileage runs already
Err, mine is more of a marathon than a run. 14 days
LHR-OSL-DOH-BKK-DOH-CWL-DOH-SIN-SYD-CBR-MEL-WLG-SYD-AKL-DOH-ARN-LHR
Old Apr 18, 2018, 1:58 am

So two weeks and counting - any news on the lounge at all? Does Cardiff have priority security (presumably not needed so much given size of airport)?
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
It does have a priority lane but I doubt you will need it. I will email the lounge again today to see if there are any plans for the Qatar flight. Otherwise it's an underwhelming experience. It's fine for a trip to Spain etc but I will not be buying business class tickets if the lounge only offers the current offerings.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
..... I will not be buying business class tickets if the lounge only offers the current offerings.

You mean the deciding factor on whether or not to shell out an extra Ł1000 or so is the quality of the airport lounge ???
Old Apr 18, 2018, 3:46 am

I will email the lounge again today to see if there are any plans for the Qatar flight. Otherwise it's an underwhelming experience. It's fine for a trip to Spain etc but I will not be buying business class tickets if the lounge only offers the current offerings.
They are refurbishing either the whole lounge or just part of it at the moment though, I think. From what I understand there are two areas to the left and right of reception, would be nice if the smaller one was allocated to QR before the QR flights with an improved offering (not expecting champagne but that would certainly be nice!).
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:25 am

Absolutely, as I would rather use the Heathrow Lounge and enjoy a nice meal and drink laurent perrier rose, as opposed to a Ł5 bottle of chardonnay and KP nuts
Old Apr 18, 2018, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
They are refurbishing either the whole lounge or just part of it at the moment though, I think. From what I understand there are two areas to the left and right of reception, would be nice if the smaller one was allocated to QR before the QR flights with an improved offering (not expecting champagne but that would certainly be nice!).
When I was last there in September, they were even considering using extra space adjacent to the lounge. But if not yes your idea would be great.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 5:59 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Absolutely, as I would rather use the Heathrow Lounge and enjoy a nice meal and drink laurent perrier rose, as opposed to a Ł5 bottle of chardonnay and KP nuts
You do realise you could buy a lot of champagne yourself for the Ł1000 saving?

M
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
You do realise you could buy a lot of champagne yourself for the Ł1000 saving?

M
Yes, but I get a real buzz from the whole airport experience. My record in a lounge is 9 hours in the FCT in Frankfurt. That day I spent approximately 15 hours in various lounges in Barcelona , Frankfurt and Zurich.
closely followed by 8 hours in the qatar premium lounge at Heathrow ( I was in heathrow longer but went to the MH lounge and sky team lounge to break up the day)

I use the Cardiff lounge several times a year for trips to Spain.

Not all of us are lucky enough to accrue miles through work. So I am happy to pay.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
When I was last there in September, they were even considering using extra space adjacent to the lounge. But if not yes your idea would be great.
New lounge revealed today - it's been renamed the 51 degrees lounge (or 61 degrees). Proper smart smart entrance etc.

Certainly being improved at CWL, while it's your money and you are free to do what you please, spend Ł1000 for champagne plus the hassle of getting to Heathrow is a bit excessive in my opinion.

I also just tried searching for CWL in the priority pass app and it's been removed.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737

New lounge revealed today - it's been renamed the 51 degrees lounge (or 61 degrees). Proper smart smart entrance etc.

Certainly being improved at CWL, while it's your money and you are free to do what you please, spend Ł1000 for champagne plus the hassle of getting to Heathrow is a bit excessive in my opinion.

I also just tried searching for CWL in the priority pass app and it's been removed.
Yes I have seen the new layout. For me there was as simple solution they could have offered qatar business class passengers at little or no cost to the airline/lounge. I just hope it works as I have a few flights already booked from Cardiff. BUT if I was paying for a business class flight, yes i would prefer the extra 2 hours up the M4 to Heathrow.. Indeed this is what i will be doing again in October.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Yes I have seen the new layout. For me there was as simple solution they could have offered qatar business class passengers at little or no cost to the airline/lounge. I just hope it works as I have a few flights already booked from Cardiff. BUT if I was paying for a business class flight, yes i would prefer the extra 2 hours up the M4 to Heathrow.. Indeed this is what i will be doing again in October.
have you seen the pictures with a seperate section for Qatar and KLM Customers? Like I said it's your choice, but I wouldn't turn down that for 2 hours to heathrow.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737

have you seen the pictures with a seperate section for Qatar and KLM Customers? Like I said it's your choice, but I wouldn't turn down that for 2 hours to heathrow.
Please share if you find them
Old Apr 18, 2018, 9:04 am

I haven't seen those pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.