Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turnaround time QR-KL at VCE

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by orbitmic
The transit desk is always unmanned, you always have to use the phone. There are very few people connecting at VCE. Every time I've used the connection facility I have been the only one waiting and being helped.
Yes same experience, asked staff around instead of phone.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by GalaxyChris
Yes same experience, asked staff around instead of phone.
Yes, staff around will also contact their transit colleagues, but they are not transit people, they are arrival people that VCE puts in there to direct people around the peak summer period. They are very nice too!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:28 am

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by klimike
Do you have to go through customs if you land from Doha and then fly to U.K. on a BA flight or can you just exit QR flight then find the gate where your BA flight will depart?

Trying to figure out whether we should book 12.25pm LGW flight or 12.50pm LHR flight on the way back from Doha in February. We will only have hand luggages. Thanks.
I'd take the latest possible connection. Also, LHR is a MUCH nicer arrivals experience than LGW.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by N1120A
Also, LHR is a MUCH nicer arrivals experience than LGW.
Depends on where you are going.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K MM, AA EXP, Bonbon Gold, GHA Titanium, Hertz PC, NEXUS and GE
Originally Posted by Grace B
Depends on where you are going.
Not at all. LGW takes AGES for immigration and bags.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA, Bonvoy, ALL
Thank you both N1120A and Grace B.

We live near Tower Bridge but I guess we probably will do LHR just in case QR changes their schedule again...
Old Sep 8, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by klimike
Thank you both N1120A and Grace B.

We live near Tower Bridge but I guess we probably will do LHR just in case QR changes their schedule again...
Wise move. That's what I would do, too.

Well, if I lived in Brighton, Crawley or Croydon, for example, I would certainly see some benefit in flying into LGW on BA. As for the delays, yes the EU queues for immigration are sometimes quite long, but they seem to move fairly quickly. And as for the non-EU line, I've never seen more than a couple of people in it. Compare that with Heathrow.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.