Wiki Posts
Search

MCT in MCT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
MCT in MCT

What's the Minimum Connection Time in MCT?

I'm flying DXB-MCT with LX, arriving in MCT at 22:30. My connecting flight to DOH with QR is at 23:15. 2 separate tickets of course.

Assuming LX arrives on time, is 45 min sufficient to make it on time to QR? Taking into consideration tonight Eid holidays start... Or should I be better save than sorry and change the LX flight with a more expensive FZ flight arriving in MCT at 21:00.

Oh, FWIW, LX is in Y, QR in J, no luggage to check in.

Last edited by gorbatzjov; Aug 29, 2017 at 8:35 pm
Old Aug 29, 2017, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I don't know anything about the minimum connecting time at MCT; however, I nominate you for inclusion in the Best Thread Title competition!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:35 am

I always thought it is just a matter of time for someone to ask just that!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:15 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by gorbatzjov
Assuming LX arrives on time, is 45 min sufficient to make it on time to QR?

AFAIK MCT has only bus gates. As a result it might take you a while to get of that big ole Swiss Airbus.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:27 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
MCT with separate tickets is completely irrelevant. I don't know how long the transfer will take but you are taking a big risk. If LX is late and you don't show up for QR boarding, that whole ticket auto-cancels and you'll have to fork out for a new ticket. There is no way I would attempt this.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold, FB Silver
Originally Posted by WorldLux
AFAIK MCT has only bus gates. As a result it might take you a while to get of that big ole Swiss Airbus.
Originally Posted by LondonElite
MCT with separate tickets is completely irrelevant. I don't know how long the transfer will take but you are taking a big risk. If LX is late and you don't show up for QR boarding, that whole ticket auto-cancels and you'll have to fork out for a new ticket. There is no way I would attempt this.
OK... Seems I'll fork out for yet another ticket flying FZ arriving at 21:00
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:55 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
EF shows MCT for MCT:

Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE   1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00
OFFLINE  1.00  1.00  1.00  1.00
But this is obviously only when travelling on one ticket.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 12:20 am

I dont know if you took the flight already but please make sure you do the online check in because the flight from MCT to DOH is overbooked these few days, I trust it is the amount of people getting to Doha to take their QR flight. I have few friends who stuck in the airport for over 8 hours yesterday as the flight was overbooked and the other options are full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.