Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know Qatar Airways actual schedule change policy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know Qatar Airways actual schedule change policy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Okay I am getting sick of Qatar Airways constant schedule changes. I have never had a booking that has not been schedule changed with them. Never experienced this with any other carrier not even a low cost carrier! If you can't keep to the schedule time your selling why bother publishing the schedule? When Qatar used to have a more flexible schedule change policy when they would allow you to change flights for free or give you a refund if it was no longer suitable that was fine. The new policy of the flight must have been changed by more than 2 hours is just ridiculous. Like up to 2 hours later isn't as bad but up to 2 hours earlier is just a joke. My latest change now to early morning is just impossible to get to the airport at that time by train. And now my connecting time in doha is just stupidly long. Why can't they just be a little flexible and put me on the afternoon flight they now have. I know they say they are covered by their conditions of carriage. But if you can never keep to the schedule you are selling this has to be some kinda unfair contract term. This is an ex OSL departure so any european laws that can assist would be be appreciated. Think I will switch back to flying SQ after this flight never had a problem with them. This is a business class fare if it helps.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by AU25
Okay I am getting sick of Qatar Airways constant schedule changes. ... Think I will switch back to flying SQ after this flight never had a problem with them.
It certainly does sound as though QR no longer meets your needs.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 1:49 am

QR has changed our arrival time into Canberra by 2Hrs and 55 mins, we are fly from Stockholm to Canberra via Doha, what are we allowed to do? can we change our flights to depart from London?

Am very confused about this policy lol
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:10 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by barboyz
QR has changed our arrival time into Canberra by 2Hrs and 55 mins, we are fly from Stockholm to Canberra via Doha, what are we allowed to do? can we change our flights to depart from London?

Am very confused about this policy lol
As the change is under 3 hours, it is a minor change, and thus little which can be done.

However, based on your post, it is the DOH-CBR leg which has changed opposed to ARN-DOH...so certainly no ability to change departure city.

M
Old Mar 21, 2018, 2:39 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
As the change is under 3 hours, it is a minor change, and thus little which can be done.

However, based on your post, it is the DOH-CBR leg which has changed opposed to ARN-DOH...so certainly no ability to change departure city.

M

Ahh ok, I thought somewhere I heard that if it was over a 2-hour change then that gives you rights to change your booking, I must have misheard
Old Mar 21, 2018, 5:08 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by barboyz
Ahh ok, I thought somewhere I heard that if it was over a 2-hour change then that gives you rights to change your booking, I must have misheard
Some agents are more flexible than others, but the time change is from DOH-CBR, so even if the delay was 3 hours, you'd likely only be able to move to a destination within 500 miles of Doha...which probably wont help you very much!

M
Old Mar 21, 2018, 8:45 am

Just got of off the phone to Qatar, they have allowed us to disembark at Sydney rather than flying onto Canberra then driving back to Sydney, and they have also allowed us to change our return tickets, to start our journey back from Sydney rather than Canberra, they have also allowed us to change our SYD-DOH flight from the 777 to the A380, so that gives us an extra half day in Sydney, so it was worth the phone call
Old May 12, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I have a booking to CBR in October and with the schedule change was hoping for something similar as barboyz. This week QR called me from their European contact center in Poland to inform me about the schedule change and I started asking to change the flights. First the agent said any changes would cost me and only once I started complaing about the almost 3-hour schedule change she spoke to someone else to get advice. Then she allowed us to get off the plane in SYD on the way to Australia but didn't allow changing the return flight as the schedule change regarding that is only minor - so I ended having an open-jaw ticket.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:35 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Exclamation Change Promptly - Don’t Wait

I was one of those impacted by the massive PHL schedule change (almost 12 hours change) for November that was loaded in April however the trip was so far out that so I took my time to think about my options. Then a few days ago I got an e-ticket email from QR with the new flight schedule.

Finally made a point to figure out what I wanted to do (change my DOH-CMB connection to a later flight) and over the phone the agent said the Colombo office re-issued my ticket with the new flight schedule and indicated in the record that I accepted the new schedule. I never did.

So now his advice was to talk in person at CMB or DOH on my outbound flight next week to discuss the changes to my inbound trip as he is now limited in what he can do since the new schedule has been “accepted”.

What I learned here - When a schedule change loads and you don’t like the new flights figure your options and call ASAP.
Old May 22, 2018, 6:57 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by golfingboy
I was one of those impacted by the massive PHL schedule change (almost 12 hours change) for November that was loaded in April however the trip was so far out that so I took my time to think about my options. Then a few days ago I got an e-ticket email from QR with the new flight schedule.

Finally made a point to figure out what I wanted to do (change my DOH-CMB connection to a later flight) and over the phone the agent said the Colombo office re-issued my ticket with the new flight schedule and indicated in the record that I accepted the new schedule. I never did.

So now his advice was to talk in person at CMB or DOH on my outbound flight next week to discuss the changes to my inbound trip as he is now limited in what he can do since the new schedule has been “accepted”.

What I learned here - When a schedule change loads and you don’t like the new flights figure your options and call ASAP.
Did you challenge them for proof that you accepted these changes, or request escalation to a supervisor to plead your case?
Failing that, perhaps try HUACA, as past reports suggests a lot of inconsistency among QR agents
Old May 22, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by soy
Did you challenge them for proof that you accepted these changes, or request escalation to a supervisor to plead your case?
Failing that, perhaps try HUACA, as past reports suggests a lot of inconsistency among QR agents

Just received an email from the Colombo office informing me of the schedule change, I will try to work with the Colombo reservations agent to revise my itinerary.

You suggest that I get this fixed over the phone rather than in person in DOH/CMB as technically if I start my trip that could be used as an “acknowledgement” that I accepted the inbound trip changes?
Old May 22, 2018, 1:59 pm
soy

Just received an email from the Colombo office informing me of the schedule change, I will try to work with the Colombo reservations agent to revise my itinerary.

You suggest that I get this fixed over the phone rather than in person in DOH/CMB as technically if I start my trip that could be used as an “acknowledgement” that I accepted the inbound trip changes?
No personal experience, but I have read posts here where people have gotten very YMMV responses to calls about QR driven schedule changes.
I too would be concerned about waiting until travel had started. At the very least, request that someone annotate your reservation now with a note to say that you did not accept the changes - as that might help if you hold off until you are in DOH to get the change made.

Post back with how you get on,
Old May 23, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by soy
No personal experience, but I have read posts here where people have gotten very YMMV responses to calls about QR driven schedule changes.
I too would be concerned about waiting until travel had started. At the very least, request that someone annotate your reservation now with a note to say that you did not accept the changes - as that might help if you hold off until you are in DOH to get the change made.

Post back with how you get on,
Following your advice - I gave QR another ring and this time with specific instructions on what flights I want to change (last time I asked what my options were) and the phone rep was great. When she went to the help desk to work on making the changes she came back to me and asked me did I accept the new schedule changes because the Colombo office who affirmed the new schedule on their own discretion indicated that I did.

Made it clear I did not accept any change and the only communication I received was an Amadeus email from QR with the new schedule several days ago. She said they have to contact the Colombo office to have them confirm that I did not accept the change and if I did supply evidence. Once the CMB office confirms that I have not formally accepted the change then they can proceed with making a free change.

She added detailed notes to my PNR and told me to call back in 24 hours (tomorrow morning).

Will relay back my results tomorrow.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:32 pm
soy

Following your advice - I gave QR another ring and this time with specific instructions on what flights I want to change (last time I asked what my options were) and the phone rep was great. When she went to the help desk to work on making the changes she came back to me and asked me did I accept the new schedule changes because the Colombo office who affirmed the new schedule on their own discretion indicated that I did.

Made it clear I did not accept any change and the only communication I received was an Amadeus email from QR with the new schedule several days ago. She said they have to contact the Colombo office to have them confirm that I did not accept the change and if I did supply evidence. Once the CMB office confirms that I have not formally accepted the change then they can proceed with making a free change.

She added detailed notes to my PNR and told me to call back in 24 hours (tomorrow morning).

Will relay back my results tomorrow.
Nice - I am in the same boat, though I have not reached out to QR at all yet. Looking to finalize my new plans this weekend then I will be doing likewise
Old May 23, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
@Golf: are YOU supposed to produce evidence that YOU did not
accept any change? How can you??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.