Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

QR credit points/flights despite entering BAEC number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2024, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Hello,

recently had an return trip on QR. outbound credit to QR, both segments. Inbound, at the airport, I changed my FFP to BAEC, printed on boarding pass. However, upon landing, QR already awarded the Qkiles and Qpoints. I am pretty worried that this cannot be credited to BAEC despite me awarding my points to BAEC account. The TP are necessary to get BA gold. Anyone has similar experience or what should I do? Will QR adjust the points back and credit the flights to BA appropriately?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 8:23 am

This has been reported a few times. It appears that once associated with a booking, QRPC numbers are very sticky (bookings can hold more FF numbers than just the one shown on the BP).

I believe the way to correct this is to contact QR and ask them to uncredit (decredit?) the sectors because you wish to credit them to another programme. They will likely respond that once they do that they cannot be credited back to your QRPC account again. So there may be two or three messages back and forth to confirm it.

Once the flights are no longer showing in your QRPC account, you can submit a claim to BAEC to have them credited there. If you contact them sooner they will probably say the flights have already been credited elsewhere and there's nothing they can do. But please do feel free to confirm with BAEC first that this is the right procedure for them before losing the points at QR!!!

I don't know how long the whole process might take, but weeks rather than days. Live chat may or may not speed up the initial contact. If you need the tier points at BA very sharpish you might want to consider a last minute flight with them to be safe.

Good luck!
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Does you QR number show on your outbound boarding pass? If so, you might have a tough time crediting that flight to BAEC.

If you BAEC number shows on your inbound BP, you will have a better chance to credit that flight to BAEC.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by tboons
Hello,

recently had an return trip on QR. outbound credit to QR, both segments. Inbound, at the airport, I changed my FFP to BAEC, printed on boarding pass. However, upon landing, QR already awarded the Qkiles and Qpoints. I am pretty worried that this cannot be credited to BAEC despite me awarding my points to BAEC account. The TP are necessary to get BA gold. Anyone has similar experience or what should I do? Will QR adjust the points back and credit the flights to BA appropriately?

Well, you learned a lesson - do not let your QR-PC number anywhere near your reservation: once in there it can infect all the sectors. Even when flying on a ticket immunised against QR-PC, be wary of using your QR status to get you into (say) Safwa - if you do, make sure the agent understands you wish to retain the BA allegiance.

Across alliances, changing FFP at check-in or at the gate is not always successful. I understand there are two (or more) fields in the reservation for FFP, one for mileage credit, the other for status benefits alone. The first is the default: carelessly adding a second number can simply populate the benefits field, leaving the credit field active with the number you'd hoped to discard.

Just how correct all that is I have no idea, but it's my fuzzy interpretation of what an agent explained to me when my (hoped for) Turkish miles were diverted to my Lufthansa account after I entered a United lounge with boarding pass (emblazoned with a TK number) and Senator card.

Please come back and let us know of your success, or otherwise, with QR and BA. I wish you luck, but probably best to prepare yourself for disappointment.

Last edited by IAN-UK; Apr 10, 2024 at 3:34 am
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I understand there are two (or more) fields in the reservation for FFP, one for mileage credit, the other for status benefits alone.
4 according to this post by m0hamed - no wonder things go wrong.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33694708-post12.html
KingCanute likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 6:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ft101
4 according to this post by m0hamed - no wonder things go wrong.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33694708-post12.html
yikes!
Old Apr 10, 2024, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brunos
Does you QR number show on your outbound boarding pass? If so, you might have a tough time crediting that flight to BAEC.

If you BAEC number shows on your inbound BP, you will have a better chance to credit that flight to BAEC.
BAEC shows on my outbound flight BP

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.