Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Select Dining

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by boybi
Pre-select Dining just showed up in my QR app, but I cannot select it.

Also, the tab only shows up for flights originating from DOH.
wasn't that always the case though, that the option was only for flights originating in Doha. There were then meant to roll it out to other select routes.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:26 am

These have now reappeared on my selections. However there is an error when selecting on one flight, but I was able to reserve on my last leg from Doha to Heathrow
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Pre select dining has shown up for my DOH-AKL flight in a couple of weeks now.
How can I be sure it has saved my selection? If I save then go back in nothing is selected. Unless that is intended!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 12:59 am

Programs: QR Gold, WY Gold, TK Elite, EY Silver,
Originally Posted by S_W_S
How can I be sure it has saved my selection? If I save then go back in nothing is selected. Unless that is intended!
If you go in Manage my Booking and open "seat and meal detail" you should find your selection listed same as a special meal. At least I can see my selection for my next trip in next 10 days.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BobFF68
If you go in Manage my Booking and open "seat and meal detail" you should find your selection listed same as a special meal. At least I can see my selection for my next trip in next 10 days.
Also when you select it, they will send you a confirmation email entitled "Meal Request Confirmation"
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:46 am

Thanks both , I see now. I don't think it stuck when I first tried in the afternoon as I didn't get an email confirmation.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:13 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BobFF68
I don't seem to have a "seat and meal detail" in Manage My Booking - although this is a "Satay Fare" booking (BA coded flights on QR) so maybe that's causing issues? The Meal Preference link under the Manage Flight section of Manage My Booking just takes me to the special meal selection page... and only for the BA operated flight! I have four QR operated flights in the booking but none of them are showing up.

No option for meal selection...

The "special meal" section only shows the non-QR operated flight in the itinerary!
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by absoluy
I don't seem to have a "seat and meal detail" in Manage My Booking - although this is a "Satay Fare" booking (BA coded flights on QR) so maybe that's causing issues? The Meal Preference link under the Manage Flight section of Manage My Booking just takes me to the special meal selection page... and only for the BA operated flight! I have four QR operated flights in the booking but none of them are showing up.

No option for meal selection...

The "special meal" section only shows the non-QR operated flight in the itinerary!
Towards the bottom of the page on mmb it's listed along with the ticket number and seating assignment. Pre select dining is only available 14 days before the flight and ex-DOH though.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 3:58 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, BA/SQ Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum
It would be good if the pre select gave you an additional hidden choice, would make more people use it.
It currently only offers what’s already on the flight so limited point pre ordering, I am however a little bit sick of the chicken kabsa which seems to be on all the menus.

Fingers crossed today will bring something different.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Towards the bottom of the page on mmb it's listed along with the ticket number and seating assignment. Pre select dining is only available 14 days before the flight and ex-DOH though.
Thanks - I'm within 14 days of the ex-DOH flight but still no pre select. No big deal, I'm mainly just curious what the menu will be. I guess the website doesn't deal with non-QR marketed QR operated flights.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
Has anyone ever gotten an "Unable to process request" error when selecting your choice? Worked fine on my outbound but now I can't choose an option on my return segment from DOH. Seems to give the same error regardless of browser or mobile/desktop version of the site...
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:22 am

Programs: QR Gold/OW Sapphire
I tried Pre-Select Dining, but I found it to be more of a hassle than a perk. The FA acknowledged my dining choice & assured me that I would get it, but then he tried to tell me that my choice had also "pre-selected" me to certain other dining options and seemed very confused & then not happy when I told him that I didn't want most of those other things. "Well, sir, when you choose Pre-Select Dining, you receive your selection. But then you are also supposed to get this & this & this (later meal options like breakfast)." I told him thanks but no thanks. I only wanted what I had chosen & didn't like his other choices.
Old May 15, 2019, 2:04 am

I see if you now pre select dining they send you a confirmation email of your selection. In the past when I have selected this option it was acknowledged on board maybe 70% of the time.
kaffir76 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.