Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Select Dining

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by kl1987
Maybe pre-select dining is being "enhanced "...

I also have to mention that even though I pre-selected 3 times before - all 3 times at least 7 days prior to the flights - not one time has it actually been acknowledged by crew. One time they even ran out of my 1st choice of mains which I've pre-selected.
To be fair, there isn't much to be "enhanced" to begin with. The customer benefits are marginal, its only real perk is that it helps the airline with planning what to stock. I do like it to get a preview of the menu, and doesn't hurt to make sure I'll get what I want, though this hasn't really been a problem most of the time anyway.
GalaxyChris and Traveller999 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Where can I see the Pre-Select Dining? I can only see meal choices like vegetarian, kosher, etc., and not the menu.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 2:03 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by boybi
Where can I see the Pre-Select Dining? I can only see meal choices like vegetarian, kosher, etc., and not the menu.
It is usually an option at the bottom of the selections. You click on it and it brings up the main course options for your forthcoming flights
Old Oct 18, 2018, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by boybi
Is it 14 days or less to the flight? Chose preselect tab at top. If you have multiple flights, choose a flight that has preselect. The default is the first segment which may not have that option.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
There's something weird going on with pre-select dining...

I have a flight in 12 days - not showing at all

Some travelling companions travelling out in 6 days - option *was* showing at T-13, but is now no longer showing

And PSD is not being advertised at the bottom of the MMB page on the app any more

It feels like it's being enhanced...
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by makrom
To be fair, there isn't much to be "enhanced" to begin with. The customer benefits are marginal, its only real perk is that it helps the airline with planning what to stock. I do like it to get a preview of the menu, and doesn't hurt to make sure I'll get what I want, though this hasn't really been a problem most of the time anyway.
Since the new dining concept, I've found main course selections running out quicker - one recent flight I was literally on my fourth choice. So if properly actioned, PSD is a benefit on fuller flights where you're seated near the back of the cabin
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by kt74
There's something weird going on with pre-select dining...

I have a flight in 12 days - not showing at all

Some travelling companions travelling out in 6 days - option *was* showing at T-13, but is now no longer showing

And PSD is not being advertised at the bottom of the MMB page on the app any more

It feels like it's being enhanced...
Spot on. It was showing on my outbound leg last week, but came up as an error every time i selected the dish. Now it has gone all together.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Spot on. It was showing on my outbound leg last week, but came up as an error every time i selected the dish. Now it has gone all together.
Its not showing up on flights to AKL either
Old Oct 22, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Any one had any success?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Anyone want to enlighten QR's social media team?! ​​​​​

kl1987 and Traveller999 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum
Originally Posted by simonsmith
Any one had any success?
My flight out of Doha is 8 days from now and still nothing.
Traveller999 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by purple1addict
picture of QR Tweet deleted
I did let them know ;-)
And got the answer "....available only on selected routes...". To my next question which routes that are, I did not get an answer ....
purple1addict and kl1987 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum
The pre-select dining tab is showing in MMB again. Though only for my flight from DOH - JNB on the 12th of November so can't see the options yet. My flight from DOH - CNX on 30th of October is still not showing anything.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:13 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Pre-select Dining just showed up in my QR app, but I cannot select it.

Also, the tab only shows up for flights originating from DOH.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:25 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by Traveller999
I did let them know ;-)
And got the answer "....available only on selected routes...". To my next question which routes that are, I did not get an answer ....
Later then I got a DM, that (surprisingly) the selection is now available for my flight (supported by an screenshot) - but when I try to select, I do not get the choice...ohhhhh QR!!!!!!!
UPDATE: After contacting QR Twitter again, i got the message back that today QR Team does not see the option for menue selection neither.....

Last edited by Traveller999; Oct 24, 2018 at 12:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.