Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Upgradeable booking class with Q-Creidit or Q-miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA

Hi!

I'm wondering about upgradeable booking class. I want to upgrade only one way on the roundtrip journey tickets.

FRA-DOH-DPS in V
DPS-DOH-FRA in Q

I want to only upgrade in the V sector is it possible? Do I need to up all the booking class to be V? including the return portion where I'm not intend to upgrade it.

Share your thought? Thank you.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
FWIW, and as a data point only, I have done this, -- upgraded one way of a roundtrip. Since it was only to DOH, there was no QR connection. Thus I don't know whether it requires upgrading all the flights on the "one way" connection or not.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 10:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond
Yes you can upgrade a single or the entire V leg no problem at all (as long as there is availability). I do it all the time. Easily done online - you can select each leg individually.

Not that it matters, but incidentally, even the Q sector is upgrade eligible anyway.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Indeed, all of your 4 legs are upgradable. So you can choose any combination of legs to upgrade.
For example, you could only upgrade the flights departing DOH to get access to Al Mourjan. Or you could upgrade only the outbound from FRA etc.

Keep in mind that FRA-DOH-DPS will cost you 60,000 Qmiles or 40 Qcredits one way. FRA-DOH will cost 30,000 Qmiles or 25 Qcredits and DOH-DPS will be 35,000 Qmiles or 30 Qcredits, so married segments are cheaper to upgrade than individual legs.
Old Aug 19, 2017, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AC,DL,AA
Thank you for your input guys.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.