Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500,000 Bonus QMile Offer!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
If it were easy, they wouldn't offer so many miles.
Erm, it's not just not easy, I believe currently both SCL and GIG are scheduled to start on 30th January, so until one of them gets moved (which admittedly is quite high likelihood with QR), I'm not sure it's even physically possible!

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Aug 10, 2017 at 12:00 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
If it were easy, they wouldn't offer so many miles.
I never said it's easy
For me personally it's not possible plus 500,000 Qmiles for flying to some rather uninteresting destinations isn't a big enough incentive to bend my work schedules

It's a smart way to increase the load factor in inaugurals, but I doubt many people actually manage to complete the quest
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Erm, it's not just not easy, I believe currently both SCL and GIG are scheduled to start on 30th January, so until one of them gets moved (which admittedly is quite high likelihood with QR), I'm not sure its even physically possible!
They're each 4×weekly; and we know that inaugural flight dates aren't written in stone until pretty close to the date. So if the inaugural flights are on different days of the week, one could easily fly, say, DOH-SCL on that inaugural flight, then fly to GIG to catch the inaugural GIG-DOH a day or two later. And even if they're on the same day, if there are sufficient hours between them, you could do the same thing. All depends on the schedule.

And if it is physically impossible due to the schedule, then it seems to me that QR should give everyone a pass on one of these destinations for the purposes of this contest.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:06 pm

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
They're each 4×weekly; and we know that inaugural flight dates aren't written in stone until pretty close to the date. So if the inaugural flights are on different days of the week, one could easily fly, say, DOH-SCL on that inaugural flight, then fly to GIG to catch the inaugural GIG-DOH a day or two later. And even if they're on the same day, if there are sufficient hours between them, you could do the same thing. All depends on the schedule.

And if it is physically impossible due to the schedule, then it seems to me that QR should give everyone a pass on one of these destinations for the purposes of this contest.
Actually, both GIG and SCL are going to be inaugurated the same day for a simple reason: the flight will be DOH-GIG-SCL (similar to the current DOH-GRU-EZE service).
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by mihaid
Actually, both GIG and SCL are going to be inaugurated the same day for a simple reason: the flight will be DOH-GIG-SCL (similar to the current DOH-GRU-EZE service).
Ah! I retract my impossibility comment for now then. It's still probably far too involved as a challenge to only award 500,000 miles though
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
I would bet the number of people who would complete this (if any!!) is single figures...

I totally agree it shouldn't be a walk in the park for that many miles - but the globetrotter was realistic (yes, for less miles, but still!) and a few of us FF managed it - but honestly what kind of individual can actually complete this!!!?

What's everyones opinions - do you think this has replaced a GT2017/2018?

ps. side thought - i wonder if/when the crisis ends that the 'first' flights to DXB/DWC/CAI etc etc will be included (i'm joking of course!!!)
Old Aug 11, 2017, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by theox
I would bet the number of people who would complete this (if any!!) is single figures...
And 3 of those would be the pilot, flight engineer and Akbar Al Baker
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:25 pm

I totally agree it shouldn't be a walk in the park for that many miles - but the globetrotter was realistic (yes, for less miles, but still!) and a few of us FF managed it - but honestly what kind of individual can actually complete this!!!?

ps. side thought - i wonder if/when the crisis ends that the 'first' flights to DXB/DWC/CAI etc etc will be included (i'm joking of course!!!)
It's been a while since last years GT campaign ended. Plus, with the current situation I think a new GT2017/2018 is unlikely.
It's purely speculative, but maybe if the restrictions are pulled, then there will be a GT campaign to 'celebrate'.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum

Totally agree with you. The current 500,000 campaign is a fool's errand with it a near impossible reach. I'd also suggest it is an incredibly lazy marketing attempt with little thought put into a realistic call to action. I really like the GT Campaign, but this one...I'm out
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Definitely - I would 100% do another GT if released as i'm sure many of you would at different levels but SullyofDoha has described this one perfectly - 'A fool's errand'!!

Maybe we should all write to CS and tell them (and watch how they give zero monkeys what their plats actually think!)
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:38 am

Definitely - I would 100% do another GT if released as i'm sure many of you would at different levels but SullyofDoha has described this one perfectly - 'A fool's errand'!!

Maybe we should all write to CS and tell them (and watch how they give zero monkeys what their plats actually think!)
I don't think they will care tbh. There are probably too many plats (does anyone have any idea how many btw?) for QR to act upon opinions of their elite members unless a significant proportion contacts them with the same feedback.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:17 am
Original Poster

hotwingz i agree - but doesn't hurt to start somewhere!! the more of us the better!

Would be interesting how many members at each level though! I dont think there is actually that many plats... i know there is on this forum but we are the few..
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:56 am

hotwingz i agree - but doesn't hurt to start somewhere!! the more of us the better!

Would be interesting how many members at each level though! I dont think there is actually that many plats... i know there is on this forum but we are the few..
If read numbers for BAEC somewhere here on FT once and I was surprised by the high numbers of BAEC Silver and Gold members! Still, QRPC should be less than those numbers on BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.