Baggage "Short Connection" Tags

Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Baggage "Short Connection" Tags

Hello,

Does anyone know the standard connection time to affix an "Short Connection" tag to checked luggage ?

Last week in CDG at the Business Class check-in, one was affixed to my bag as I had a 3.15 hour connection. Today in Auckland, having a 1.35 hr connection to Paris and as the agent did not affix one, I requested it, was told that it was not needed, and it was finally provided "exceptionally".

It seems to me that 1.35 hr to change planes in Doha if the first flight arrives on time, is not a overly long time if the gates are far from each other and taking Transit Security into account.

Thank You.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 8:35 pm

3hr15mins transfers get a 'Long Transfer' green tag at HKG check-in...

Bags make their next flight even with a 50mins connection, so I'd imagine they normally only tag 'rapid transfer' bags when connections are less than 1hr. Seeing how outports are very often running out of resources I'm not surprised that was the case for you.

Frankly, the tags more often than not don't really matter, they're more for show since bag status and member levels are embedded into the barcode/RFID. The handlers just scan and they'd be told which containers to put the bags in. That's what I gathered at HKG.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: *G, ow Saph
Like the "transit" and "destination" boarding pass wallets, they seem entirely random at outports
Old Aug 2, 2017, 1:10 am

Cofyknsult I was once told that 20 minutes from hold to hold is the target at DOH but 25 is nearer the norm.

As jckl points out those extra tags are more likely to be a hinderance to the baggage system and are just for show!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.