Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR website displaying promo fare status

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
On the other hand I could perfectly got airport upgrades for the four main legs of my previous CDG-DOH-BKK-HAN return ticket booked in Q class Promo fare ;-)
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by purple1addict
Please let us know if this upgrade goes through without issue. Good luck
Yes of course I will I could not even submit an upgrade request for the return sector ( V ) kept telling me to check the agree to pay fees which was clearly checked so I had to request by email still waiting for the standard no availability response
Old Jul 28, 2017, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Just received confirmation that my flight from doh to bkk has been approved for upgrade using Qcredits on a T class booking

So perseverance pays off

they said something about fees due I wasn't aware it had to pay extra airport tax ex doh anyone know how much I should expect to pay?

I'm ex lhr
Old Jul 28, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spec119
I have just spent the last hour trying to book a LHR-BKK return 4/11/17-27-11-17 on a Y saver so Q class I guess but being displayed as T class I think too risky to book as I want to try for an award upgrade

This is interesting tom anyone considering booking QR and worried about the T class situation when I called QRPC the agent was calling my class Tplus and seemed no problem at all getting redemption upgrades I managed to get the 2nd leg of my LHR-BKK upgraded and hoping for the complete return leg

I have 70 Q credits so 30 for the DOH-BKK

and 40 for BKK-LHR I feel it quite an achievement not have any useless credits left LOL
Old Jul 29, 2017, 4:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just received confirmation that my flight from doh to bkk has been approved for upgrade using Qcredits on a T class booking

So perseverance pays off

they said something about fees due I wasn't aware it had to pay extra airport tax ex doh anyone know how much I should expect to pay?

I'm ex lhr
Well done The LHR advance passenger duty difference from Y to J will be an extra £75. Enjoy your flights!!
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by purple1addict
Well done The LHR advance passenger duty difference from Y to J will be an extra £75. Enjoy your flights!!
85 actually now a ticket reissue fee they tried to charge 100 initially
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:12 am

85 actually now a ticket reissue fee they tried to charge 100 initially
There musy have been an admin fee or some other charge. Air Passenger Duty is currently £75 (£150) increasing to £78 (£156) in April 2018.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 3:20 am
Suspended

They really do not know what they are doing.

The amount of taxes that has to be paid differs from agents. Sometimes they forgot sometimes not, I am really wondering how they monitor this....
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:28 am

ok, just checking on the sites. then i realised that the number of miles awarded for economy saver is the same as economy promo, which makes it that yes, T is a floating fare class, and it is a economy saver which is able to upgrade with qmiles and qcredits but comes with economy promo airmiles? which to me... is a ....ed up fare class?!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tboons
ok, just checking on the sites. then i realised that the number of miles awarded for economy saver is the same as economy promo, which makes it that yes, T is a floating fare class, and it is a economy saver which is able to upgrade with qmiles and qcredits but comes with economy promo airmiles? which to me... is a ....ed up fare class?!
No don't accept this it's total nonsense I argued with QRPC and eventually they conceeded and agreed with me to others struggling please refer to the email received below

Greetings from Privilege Club.

This is in reference to email you sent to our Customer Relations Team pertaining to mileage accrual issue.

We understand that your bookings created under Economy saver fare were showing as economy promotional fare and mileage was also calculated basis the economy promotion fare.

We confirm that difference of Qmiles for booking reference KRxxxx has already been credited to your account in November-2017.

The flights in question QR827 and QR001 have been correctly credited as per “V” class.

In future if the flights are booked under Economy Saver or higher fare and showing as Economy Promotional fare, you may write us with the same at [email protected].

Upon receipt of the same, we will verify the information with our concerned team and advise you accordingly.

Do let us know if we can assist you any further.

Sincerely,

Amitkumar Makhija

Privilege Club Team

i hope this helps others to claim back rightfully due entitlement
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ft101
There musy have been an admin fee or some other charge. Air Passenger Duty is currently £75 (£150) increasing to £78 (£156) in April 2018.
Yes £10 reissue fee
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:00 pm

Emailed them to have it in writing.

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We wish to inform you that O, T and Q are floating booking classes (RBD). In consideration to the mileage claim, please note that the Qmiles and Qpoints will be credited as per the fare family booked.

Therefore, it may happen that when you try to book a ticket in Economy saver fare, you may get T as fare booking class.

However, in such case, we request you to kindly write back to us upon completion of your travel so that we can check the fare family booked and advise you further.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tboons
Emailed them to have it in writing.

Thank you for writing to Privilege Club. We value your business.

We wish to inform you that O, T and Q are floating booking classes (RBD). In consideration to the mileage claim, please note that the Qmiles and Qpoints will be credited as per the fare family booked.

Therefore, it may happen that when you try to book a ticket in Economy saver fare, you may get T as fare booking class.

However, in such case, we request you to kindly write back to us upon completion of your travel so that we can check the fare family booked and advise you further.
It will be a fight trust me as nobody seems to be sure of the rules I had to really push to get the correct entitlement
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:00 am

Hi,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any recent experiences booking a "floating" T Economy saver class fare and upgrading it later with Qmiles/Qcredits, post the recent QR PC enhancements.

I am in a similar position as the OP: I am trying to make a booking, and the O fare shows as Economy Promo and the T fare as Economy Saver.

Also, in the past I have been informed by PC that "booking classes T, O, W and G are not eligible for cabin upgrade by redeeming Qmiles/Qcredits". However, the current Qcalculator includes both T&O fare classes as eligible for upgrade with Qmiles/Qcredits. Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
I just wanted to ask if anyone has had any recent experiences booking a "floating" T Economy saver class fare and upgrading it later with Qmiles/Qcredits, post the recent QR PC enhancements.

I am in a similar position as the OP: I am trying to make a booking, and the O fare shows as Economy Promo and the T fare as Economy Saver.

Also, in the past I have been informed by PC that "booking classes T, O, W and G are not eligible for cabin upgrade by redeeming Qmiles/Qcredits". However, the current Qcalculator includes both T&O fare classes as eligible for upgrade with Qmiles/Qcredits. Thanks
wondering the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.