QR website displaying promo fare status

Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:54 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by remdk
Sisyphus1carus note the date the chnges are valid from! - 1st July 2016. Not a great deal of help a year later.
Its stating what it changed to and has remained as, so yeah - its helpful.

Or are you advising it has changed again ?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:07 pm

Sisyphus1carus well booking class T appears to have moved from Promo to Saver which suggests changes.
But this is QR and the last to be told are the passengers. Those strange beings that ultimately pay their wages!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:06 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by purple1addict
I don't know if the re-grouping of the Promo fares to Saver is a deliberate move or merely general IT incompetence...
It's probably a move from revenue management department which superbly ignored QRPC rules telling that non upgradable "Promo" fares should be O,T,W and the cheapest upgradable "Saver" fares should be Q,N,S bookings classes.
On the opposite, I've seen some Promo fares bookings into Q or N...
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:59 am

Matt4 revenue management are probably at play here. After all it makes sense to maximise revenue on popular, heavily utilised routes such as LHR-DOH. The heavier the utilisation the fewer seats are available for rewards. If reward seats are much sought after then it is sensible to make access to them more difficult (i.e. more expensive) to obtain. 'Supply and demand'!
On the other hand you have commented upon the reverse happening on some routes (higher, upgradeable, ticketing classes for promo tickets). If this is on underutilised routes then this is also good revenue management.
But this is bending the rules regarding PCs use of ticketing class! In the 'knowledge is Power' environment of QR can we really expect revenue management to have any knowledge of PC rules?

Here we are 'complaining' about QR breaking/bending the rules and over on the Sake thread others are complaining that QR will not bend the rules and give them something they are not entitled to.

On the other hand purple1addict could be correct when she says "merely general IT incompetence".

Only time will tell!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Matt4 revenue management are probably at play here. After all it makes sense to maximise revenue on popular, heavily utilised routes such as LHR-DOH. The heavier the utilisation the fewer seats are available for rewards. If reward seats are much sought after then it is sensible to make access to them more difficult (i.e. more expensive) to obtain. 'Supply and demand'!
On the other hand you have commented upon the reverse happening on some routes (higher, upgradeable, ticketing classes for promo tickets). If this is on underutilised routes then this is also good revenue management.
But this is bending the rules regarding PCs use of ticketing class! In the 'knowledge is Power' environment of QR can we really expect revenue management to have any knowledge of PC rules?

Here we are 'complaining' about QR breaking/bending the rules and over on the Sake thread others are complaining that QR will not bend the rules and give them something they are not entitled to.

On the other hand purple1addict could be correct when she says "merely general IT incompetence".

Only time will tell!

Well for my 2p worth I'm not going to take a gamble on booking in T class on the verbal basis of a customer service adviser but QR need to sort it out as I'm sure others feel the same as me and are holding off booking

anyway things happen for a reason maybe there will be a miles promo next month time will tell
Old Jul 26, 2017, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by spec119
but QR need to sort it out as I'm sure others feel the same as me and are holding off booking
Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath.
Honestly, though I can totally understand that you are annoyed by these confusing declarations, those of us who fly QR regularly have just learned to wiggle around these inconsistencies.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 8:52 am
Original Poster

I have just spent the last hour trying to book a LHR-BKK return 4/11/17-27-11-17 on a Y saver so Q class I guess but being displayed as T class I think too risky to book as I want to try for an award upgrade

I just had this from e-commerce

E-commerce Support (Qatar Airways Support)
Jul 26, 17:48 +03

Dear Mr. spec119

Thank you for contacting Qatar Airways Support.

We acknowledge your email below and you are right with the information detailed in your email regarding the booking sub classes at qatarairways.com. We however would wish to share more on the same as the T class is a floating booking sub class, wherein maybe sold sometime in Promo fare or Saver fare levels depended on certain factors such as marketing and seasonality.

Looking at your intended journey as highlighted in your email, yes as of the moment the T class is available under Saver fare levels and if you may consider proceeding with your booking then upgrade using Qmiles / Qcredits will be offered by our dedicated privilege club team through a manual deduction depended on the availability of up-gradable business class seats. In this regards, once your booking is completed, you may feel free to contact our Member Service Centre, available 7 days a week at +974 4023 0023 between 07:30 - 22:00 hrs Doha local time or 04:30 - 19:00 hrs GMT. Alternatively, you can email at [email protected] and our service associates will be happy to assist you further.

We thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you on our services in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Qatar Airways Support
Old Jul 26, 2017, 9:40 am
Original Poster

Oh guess what privilege club have just emailed me to tell me ill only earn mileage as per booking class this is just found my head in
Old Jul 26, 2017, 10:18 am
Suspended

Dear Mr. spec119

We acknowledge your email below and you are right with the information detailed in your email regarding the booking sub classes at qatarairways.com. We however would wish to share more on the same as the T class is a floating booking sub class, wherein maybe sold sometime in Promo fare or Saver fare levels depended on certain factors such as marketing and seasonality.

Looking at your intended journey as highlighted in your email, yes as of the moment the T class is available under Saver fare levels and if you may consider proceeding with your booking then upgrade using Qmiles / Qcredits will be offered by our dedicated privilege club team through a manual deduction depended on the availability of up-gradable business class seats. In this regards, once your booking is completed, you may feel free to contact our Member Service Centre, available 7 days a week at +974 4023 0023 between 07:30 - 22:00 hrs Doha local time or 04:30 - 19:00 hrs GMT. Alternatively, you can email at [email protected] and our service associates will be happy to assist you further.

We thank you for taking the time to write to us and look forward to welcoming you on our services in the very near future.

Yours sincerely,

Qatar Airways Support
I have been buying Eco Value ticket to avoid those dual Promo/Saver code. Guess I could have spared a lot of cash
Old Jul 26, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

I've never seen T in eco saver until this week I guess you take a chance of fighting with pc about the mileage or biteven the bullet and buy eco value IMHO is not good value
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:17 pm

spec119 the rules about awarding Qmiles etc are very clear. For upgraded flights obtained using Qmiles/Qcredits, E-mail upgrade offers, airport upgrades and op-ups will be credited according to the original booking class.

It may be possible to purchase an upgrade for cash and obtain the new ticket class miles etc, but it could prove to be very expensive what with change fees etc.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

spec119 the rules about awarding Qmiles etc are very clear. For upgraded flights obtained using Qmiles/Qcredits, E-mail upgrade offers, airport upgrades and op-ups will be credited according to the original booking class.

It may be possible to purchase an upgrade for cash and obtain the new ticket class miles etc, but it could prove to be very expensive what with change fees etc.
Yes I agree but why have QR told me I can request a manual upgrade? obviously the floating T code between promo and saver fares there is nothing clear about their decision to use the same code in 2 different sub groups I booked my flight as follows
LHR-BKK eco saver ( T )
BKK-LHR eco value (V) and I have emailed memberservices to do a manual upgrade
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond

Dear Mr. spec119

We acknowledge your email below and you are right with the information detailed in your email regarding the booking sub classes at qatarairways.com. We however would wish to share more on the same as the ‘T’ class is a floating booking sub class, wherein maybe sold sometime in Promo fare or Saver fare levels depended on certain factors such as marketing and seasonality.

Yours sincerely,

Qatar Airways Support
Hang on. What? Why does it have to be so complicated?

If I book a T fare through a travel agent (corporate travel policy...) how do I know whether it's a Promo or Saver T fare? And will QRPC know if I then call to upgrade it?! Will the airport staff know which T fare it is (both for DOH and outstations) if I decide to request an airport upgrade?!

QR is not well famed for its consistency in applying its own standard procedure so I can't necessarily see that playing out smoothly

And thanks for sharing spec119 ^

Last edited by purple1addict; Jul 26, 2017 at 2:39 pm
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
LHR-BKK eco saver ( T )
Please let us know if this upgrade goes through without issue. Good luck
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Why have a floating fare class which is sometimes upgradeable and sometimes not.
Bloody crazy and puts me of booking with Qatar because it's so unpredictable and you can't therefore rely on anything it tells you !!
Madness !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.