Fourth Elite Tier?

Old Jul 3, 17, 8:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
Fourth Elite Tier?

Moderators, please redirect me if this discussion is already going...

I have earned double the required points for Plat in a single year on QR. Although many would advocate earning status on another OW airline, I'd prefer to keep all my eggs in one basket, IMHO.

Thus, my conundrum. What if QR offered an invitation-only tier above Platinum? Benefits could include automatic upgrades and access to Al Mourjan (or Al Safwa?).

Thoughts?
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:01 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
why not the private jet?
Old Jul 4, 17, 7:19 am

Surely this would then need an overhaul on all the OW airline programmes? What would you expect as a OW traveller as an invitation only QRPC Platinum VIP?
Old Jul 4, 17, 7:23 am

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Originally Posted by eastflyer123 View Post
Surely this would then need an overhaul on all the OW airline programmes? What would you expect as a OW traveller as an invitation only QRPC Platinum VIP?
Not necessarily. BA has GGL (Gold Guest List) above the standard Gold (Oneworld Emerald), AA has Concierge Key, Latam has Black Signature.
Old Jul 4, 17, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Plat / IHG Plat / HHonors Silver
Although my suggestions are quite a jump up from Platinum benefits, there are a number of airlines that provide the benefits I suggested in a similar fourth tier. The jets would be nice, but are quite a bit more far fetched than automatic upgrades.
Old Jul 6, 17, 10:20 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus (GS); AADvantage (Platinum); Qatar Privilege Club PLATINUM
"CLUB ORYX"

There are entirely separate loyalty programmes that operate behind the scenes at many major carriers. These are invitation-only programmes, such as United's 'Global Services;' American's 'Concierge Key;' Delta's 'Delta360;' Emirates' 'Invitation only;'Cathay Pacific's 'Diamond Plus;' BA's 'Executive Club Premier;' Quantas' 'Chairman's Lounge;' Scandinavian's 'Pandion;' Air France's 'Club 2000;' Virgin Australia's 'The Club;' Air New Zealand's 'Elite Priority One;' and Lufthansa's 'HON Circle.'

These are programmes meant to reward the customer who already has the first class seat, lounge access, and so forth, by providing the one thing money can't buy: exclusive, personalised service.

Earning such invitation status involves spending a certain threshold amount of $$ on tickets in first, business, or full-fare economy class. Or earning multiple qualifications of the highest elite tier.

For some of us, who have reached Privilege Club Platinum status and continue buying QR tickets - maybe something for Qatar Airways to consider, for our continued loyalty: "CLUB ORYX"

I am already in a position to qualify for Platinum status over 2018. This could be a reason to now start flying another carrier to also qualify for Elite status there. I would not ever want to do that!

Recently, on my way from Doha to Kathmandu, I got to speak to a passenger who told me that he really enjoys flying Qatar Airways, and that he had been a Privilege Club Platinum member for 16 months. He said that this would be his last flight on Qatar, because extra flying did not get him any extra status and perks, and that he had already qualified for Platinum for the remainder of the year, into the next year. Moreover, his next flights, he said would be on TG or LH.

Qatar losing valuable frequent flying revenue passengers, is the exact reason I propose "Club Oryx:" A 'by invitation only' level of Privilege Club, for Qatar's most loyal frequent flyers.

"Club Oryx" members could be entitled to small, yet surely very much to be appreciated - perks. Nothing really expensive, such as a set number of free date and/or itinerary changes per year; free WiFi; a set number of free upgrades per year; a set number of access to the Al Safwa lounge, only for Business Class "Club Oryx" passengers; an e-news letter with offers and promotions for "Club Oryx" members only; a dedicated customer service and reservations line, and email address, etc etc.

This would keep me and, probably many hundreds of QR revenue champions loyal to continue our affiliation with Qatar Aiways.

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/04/top...obal-services/

I was a United Global Services member for more than 10 years, before shifting to Qatar - a move I do not regret.

Yet, a special recognition for a small group of your multiple Platinum qualifiers would be brilliant - and will surely keep us in the air with QR.

What do you think?
Is it feasible?
Would this be seriously considered?
AA, BA, QF, and CX, all OneWorld airlines already have such 'by invitation only' programmes

I would gladly work with the QR loyalty team to draw up a concept note for "Club Oryx."
Old Jul 7, 17, 3:41 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've been told by a number of reliable sources of mine, that there is a 4th Tier Level within QR - and I've written about it in the past.

The Tier is Invitation Only, and consists of only a few members (excluding Royal Family members and State of Qatar senior politicians).

The predominant entry requirement, is a substantial number of Fully Flexible F fares, or Fully Flexible J fares (where F is not available). These, effectively, show a major source of revenue, and thus QR take note.

Those of us who travel very frequent, tend to hold multiple high levels of status across all the major alliances; something which truly is not difficult if you actually travel for work (status is a bonus opposed to anything else).

I was BAEC Gold (equivalent of QRPC Platinum) for 5 years before I upped my travel, and became Gold Guest List/Concorde. I have been QRPC Platinum (in addition to BAEC GGL) for 4 years - so 16 months is nothing. There are many many QRPC Platinum members in the system, and they have been so for far longer, with far less additional 'reward'.

Safe travels,

M

NB - In your example, you mention BAEC Premier. BAEC Premier is Invite only, and is mostly for those who book travel for major corporations with a spend of over 1m per year. BAEC Gold Guest List/Concorde, is what the comparable level to AA CK really is.
Old Jul 7, 17, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by BrandonOfCanada View Post
access to Al Mourjan
Flying Y for more than 1200 Qpoints a year should earn a medal. Something like a purple heart.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: