Wiki Posts
Search

Beirut Airport Qatar Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Hello all, any recent experiences of access as a oneworld Business Class passenger? I'll be flying RJ. In theory I should have access though I know Qatar tends to be, hmm, peculiar. Several locations don't let in customers of partner airlines.
Other airlines have this policy, too.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Other airlines have this policy, too.
Sure. That does not answer my question, though
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
RJ pax must use the Cedar Lounge. I don't think it's a oneworld lounge as it doesn't even appear on the OW lounge finder.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Pics Qatar Airways Lounge Beirut

Pics as of August 2019. SYD-BEY-SYD trip in J. I asked lounge manager about lounge access and was assured it was strictly QR F/senior tier pax only. I commented that it was unusual as QR Bangkok lounge is open to eligible pax of other oneworld member airlines too. Considering BA and RJ fly to BEY it would be extra revenue surely?. That said, BA now use a different lounge at BEY which is marginally better than the old LAT lounge but still not the superior Cedar Lounge. One wonders why BA hadn't negotiated something with QR at end of their contract with LAT lounge and using it, considering their otherwise tight relationship. QR are amazing in the air but their self made rules/logic esp ground operations are sketchy and sub par. They defiantly won the 5 stars in the air but on the ground and back office- a 3 star airline max.

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Aug 30, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Hello all, any recent experiences of access as a oneworld Business Class passenger? I'll be flying RJ. In theory I should have access though I know Qatar tends to be, hmm, peculiar. Several locations don't let in customers of partner airlines.
Just to answer my own question: I was unable to use the Qatar lounge, but not because Qatar would not let me in. Simply, because mobile boarding passes are not accepted at BEY, and by the time check-in opened for my flight, the Qatar Lounge was closed. Apparently the use of fake boarding passes was epidemic, so the airport decided to prohibit the use of mobile boarding passes, with a notable exception for MEA. Pretty odd all around.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:26 pm

Sorry forgot to add the pic of toilet area to the above. Didn't think to take pics of of the restrooms themselves but there are two seperate cubicles fully decked out exactly like the QR BKK Lnge mens toilet. No showers at BEY (I don't think BKK had showers either).
Old Sep 6, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Just to answer my own question: I was unable to use the Qatar lounge, but not because Qatar would not let me in. Simply, because mobile boarding passes are not accepted at BEY, and by the time check-in opened for my flight, the Qatar Lounge was closed. Apparently the use of fake boarding passes was epidemic, so the airport decided to prohibit the use of mobile boarding passes, with a notable exception for MEA. Pretty odd all around.
That's odd. I am traveling HBO with QR and didn't have an issue going through security, immigration or accessing the lounge with a mobile BP.
Lounge, in my humble opinion, is the best in BEY by a wide margin.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I asked using the lounge here as an RJ passenger in business class and also Oneworld Sapphire. I was told that QR has no problem with it but it's an airport rule that they can't allow passengers of other airlines. Sounds like balderdash to me but has anybody ever heard of this? Why would the airport care which airline's passengers are in which lounge? I think the agent was telling fibs. Oneworld is getting more and more like this. I just regained Emerald status after a one year absence but I'm wondering if it's worth it now. It seems like the lounges we can't use are starting to outnumber the ones we can.

Having said that, the Cedar Lounge here was quite nice as a short haul lounge. They don't have showers but it's spacious and bright. Food and drink options were decent.
newEUer likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Flamenguista
I have a 01:35 departure to Doha in First. Is it possible to arrive at the lounge very early (4-5 hours)? I guess my real question is if we'd be able to get mobile boarding passes traveling BEY-DOH and subsequently DOH-DPS. We'd be travelling on US passports, but do have Brazilian passports also.

Or do we need to check-in in person, which would probably hamstring us to arrive no more than 3 hours before?
I have the same question. We have a 2:35 am departure in a few weeks, and I'm wondering how early we can check-in at the airport and go to the lounge. Anyone know when airport check-in starts for this flight, and when the lounge is open for first class passengers?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:22 am

Programs: QR PC
Sadly, mobile boarding passes aren’t permitted in BEY. In the absence of mobile boarding passes, your real issue is how soon does the check-in counter open. They usually open 3.5 hours before check in - but you may be lucky because there are several QR flights out of BEY in close proximity to each other.

ground staff are usually pretty helpful - let them know your situation and they will accommodate as best as they can.

enjoy Bali!
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:15 am

Qatar Lounge Open?

Anybody know if the Qatar Lounge in Beirut is open? Some information I've seen recently suggests that Qatar Airways is using the Cedar Lounge right now for first class passengers.
Old Apr 6, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: QR PC
Last I flew out of BEY in November 2020 it was still closed and I got sent to Cedar which was also mostly deserted!
Old Apr 6, 2021, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Someone in the forum has reported that it was open ( it was after COVID ) but I don't recall who it was and when it was.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, AY Plat
QR lounge at BEY has been open in DEC 2020 and FEB 2021. I flew last time FEB 22nd and was able to enter the lounge (OWE flying Y).
Old Mar 9, 2024, 2:41 am

Bump! Any updates or personal experiences entering the QR BEY lounge as an RJ, J class and/or emerald/sapphire pax?( RJ now being the only other OW carrier flying into BEY since BA's withdrawal). Also, if successful was that with hardcopy BP or mobile BP?
CJ

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.