Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR J award availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff_
It seems to me that award availability at QR is a complete random process.
I have been able to score upgrades to (A380) F and grab the last available seat 3 month prior flight.
Whereas I can't upgrade a sector to J for a next week flight, where
- There are still at least 9J seats on sale
- I receive a paid upgrade offer
- There is award availability on BA site

Go figure
Yep that sums up everything QR. I have been trying for months to get an upgrade from J to F on the 380 to no avail.Reward shows available on BA but QR tell me the computer says "no" ..that's after I have had to ring their gold/plat hotline because they never get back to me . Up until recently F showed 8 out of 8 seats available.

Had a "lovely" unexpected surprise tonight when for the first time in a QR lifetime they actually did call me back...from Wroclaw ,Poland of all places.

"Sorry we cannot upgrade you due to 'high' customer demand".....well with just a few weeks until the flight there had been a surge in demand ....now only 6 of 8 seats remained...perhaps a couple of giraffes had made a booking I pondered,but on reflection I considered that a bit of a tall story.

The service rep then continued ,"One other thing Sir.. your outward flight from Doh-Hkt has now been cancelled but we will provide you with a hotel for the 14 hour layover we have just imposed on you"..... wow "thanks a bunch of fives" I thought.

Checked out the QR reward flight this evening to see that F is actually less to redeem than J which stands at 2x. Also checked my "cancelled" outward flight which is still flying, I guess that my transfer time in Doh that had been reduced by 5 mins to 50 mins was not deemed enough....but what's wrong with a bit of decent old fashioned honesty?

Suffice to say that in the unlikely event someone brings out an annual SKY TAT awards for airline customer service then QR would get my vote in an instance! Five stars in the air ...zero on the ground....go figure indeed.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum, One World Emerald, IHG Platinum Elite
It appears sometimes its just a matter of the loads for the specific day. I was looking for a Y to J upgrade with Qcredits for JFK-DOH-PNH on July 24th Monday and called the Priority Line, having been told in a prior instance for the same sectors that JFK loads for the morning A350 flight were typically lower on Monday than the weekend. This time, I was told if I were to fly on the Monday, I would have to wait, or try at the airport, as inventory is not releasing seats (even though EF shows 9 of them as available). But when I asked about what Sunday (the 23rd) looked like, it was totally open, and I was able to upgrade right away. So I guess there are no specific patterns to live by. Also, I have generally had very pleasant experiences with the Priority Line. I always call the USA line, irrespective of where I am, and a number of times, I have gotten the same agent, who remembers me and have had seamless interactions and she's always done her best to help.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:36 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
I do feel they try and make it as hard as possible to redeem Qcredits.

Trying to upgrade BKK-DOH-LHR, called prior to booking and told availability open for both legs. I booked the ticket online but didn't have time to call and process upgrade soon after. I did, however, submit an online request immediately.

Segments have been unconfirmed on MMB since then (but visible, as well as on ExpertF). I called this week (flight is next week), the London priority line and was told they cannot do anything until 5th, to put a request in.

Called the Doha Priority line and told that no redemption seats are available. In the interim, I receive an upgrade offer for BKK-DOH (€310), which when mentioned, agent suggested I take!

Frustrated and confused. Also told by agent to try at the airport for both legs... as a Gold, you don't have enough Qcredits to upgrade the two separate legs!
Old Jun 29, 2017, 10:20 am

HpW1981 what are you trying to upgrade to? If it is f then remember that upgrades are not allowed to F to/from LHR.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by remdk
HpW1981 what are you trying to upgrade to? If it is f then remember that upgrades are not allowed to F to/from LHR.
Just Y>J
Old Jun 29, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Indeed, having 40 QCredits and +15K miles to spend I planned a September trip BKK-DOH-BRU 6 moths in advance and called priority support.

No seats available for your dates sir.
I missed a few good promotions with other airlines and finally bought an expensive N ticket, hoping I will be able to upgrade 3 of the 4 legs.

Status 2 months before trip still is No Seats Available.

Will try again maybe one week before travel.

Certain is next trip to Europe will be as soon as i see a good deal with any good airline, Business class first, maybe a 2 for 1 deal, might wait until 2 months before travel (just got a good September Y offer to BRU by Thai last week, flying A350 direct BKK-BRU)

From Plat to gold, might downgrade to nothing with QR for 2018.
I don't care anymore since QR does not seem to care neither.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.