Unlocking Row 1 on QR

Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Usually not. It usually becomes selectable during airport check-in...

Come early and it should be available.
I'm mainly concerned with the large footwell for the overnight DOH-KUL flight, so I should be able to ask for this during checkin for TUN-DOH right?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:03 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I'm mainly concerned with the large footwell for the overnight DOH-KUL flight, so I should be able to ask for this during checkin for TUN-DOH right?
yes, based on my experience, youll be able to request row 1 on subsequent segments at check-in of your first flight. Did this myself a few months ago.

safe travels!
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by clubeurope

yes, based on my experience, youll be able to request row 1 on subsequent segments at check-in of your first flight. Did this myself a few months ago.

safe travels!
Thanks! Sadly no Qsuites this time, A330 & A340.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: SQ Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, DL Silver, AS MVP, B6 Mosaic, QR, EY, KE, CX, PR
Got 1A during check-in from my original 3A seat. CRK-DOH 787
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Bronze, Marriott LTP
Please let us know what you thought of 1A. I am thinking of trying the same on my DOH-KUL segment next week on the A340.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 4:57 pm

I did 1A/K on A330 and it was a _much_ better experience than other seats in terms of legroom. The galley noise/light doesn't bother me at all since I sleep with my noise-cancelling QC25s in and use an eyemask.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
While on most occasions when I have asked for a seat in row 1 at check in I have been successful, a few weeks ago when flying OSL-DOH-CBR I was unable to get any seat in row 1 on the DOH-SYD flight unlocked. Not at OSL nor at DOH. It seems that row 1 was not released at any time for this flight. However, seat 5K on the 777 was a perfectly fine bulkhead seat.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BA - Gold
Hi All,

If row 1 becomes available at OLCI (or is it only airport check in?) do you still run the risk of being bumped or should you be safe if you get it that late? Wondering whether to stick where I am, which is quite near the front rather than gambling and potentially getting bumped way back. I know this is a real first world problem but wanted to scout the collective wisdom.

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:27 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by spicysoup
Hi All,

If row 1 becomes available at OLCI (or is it only airport check in?) do you still run the risk of being bumped or should you be safe if you get it that late? Wondering whether to stick where I am, which is quite near the front rather than gambling and potentially getting bumped way back. I know this is a real first world problem but wanted to scout the collective wisdom.

Thanks!
It's airport only check-in, so 3 hours before departure.

If your boarding pass says Row 1, only a VVIP will be able to bump you.

M

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.