Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA/A3 offer to help QR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 12:34 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
BA/A3 offer to help QR

The below has been helpfully sent to me, and relates to BA and Aegean offering to help QR and it's passengers during the current blockade.

QR has suspended, until further notice, all flights to/from the following countries:
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
UAE
Kingdom of Bahrain
Egypt

A3 has agreed to support QR for the period that all these flights will be cancelled by accepting disrupted QR passengers in A3 flights.

QR as the operating carrier is responsible for the handling and for the involuntary re-protection of disrupted passengers on A3 flights with the below procedure:

- Involuntary reissue tickets with flights departing within the next 72 hours (rolling basis) (example: On 12JUN will reissue tickets with departure from 12JUN up to 15JUN)
- The rebooking (new travel date) can be up to 7 days from the original travel date (of originating station) through normal GDS availability by using the lowest available booking class within the same compartment (example: original travel date 17JUN, new travel date can be between 17JUN-24JUN)
- The settlement will be as per the collected fare (ticketed face value)

QR ticket stock may be uplifted without the need of an endorsement within the above conditions

Let us also inform you that A3 is not responsible for paying any other expenses for the passenger (hotel accommodation, compensation, etc.).

For such cases, passengers/travel agents should contact QR.

And BA instructions

All BA staff worldwide at airports,

Qatar Airlines (QR) have suspended, until further notice, all flights to/from the following countries:
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
UAE
Kingdom of Bahrain
Egypt
In view of this, BA has offered support for the re-accommodation of the affected QR passenger with an extension to the current conditions of the IATA Reso 735D and oneworld EWA as follows:
1. Eligible passengers: Holding tickets for flights departing within the next 72 hours (rolling basis).
2. Re-accommodated to depart: Between time of rebooking and up to seven days after original travel date (of originating station), through normal GDS availability by using the lowest available booking class within the same cabin.

Please note BA staff at airport and reservations/ticket offices worldwide, that QR ticket stock may be uplifted without the need for an endorsement within the above conditions.

M
Old Jun 14, 2017, 1:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
M,

Very interesting and helpful. Thank you for posting this information.

It raises some questions, which I am sure myself and others will raise during the day.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:20 am
Suspended

That is nice to know. But I don't think A3 flies to many ME destinations rather than some airports in KSA.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
How exactly will A3's route network help? Genuinely curious.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by justforfun
How exactly will A3's route network help? Genuinely curious.
https://en.aegeanair.com/discover/route-map/

Of probable particular interest to many that frequent this forum - they fly to/from CAI. I flew A3 CAI-ATH J last month, and am flying A3 CAI-ATH-CAI Y (family holiday) next week. The flight is approx 90-100 minutes, so it's not a major detour in the grand scheme of things.

What puzzles me is how a Star Alliance airline is helping out a oneworld alliance airline.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
https://en.aegeanair.com/discover/route-map/

Of probable particular interest to many that frequent this forum - they fly to/from CAI. I flew A3 CAI-ATH J last month, and am flying A3 CAI-ATH-CAI Y (family holiday) next week. The flight is approx 90-100 minutes, so it's not a major detour in the grand scheme of things.

What puzzles me is how a Star Alliance airline is helping out a oneworld alliance airline.
But QR has repeatedly said that they won't reroute pax via ATH. That's why I'm confused how A3 can help.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 5:01 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
With the large diplomatic noise Turkey has been making in support of Qatar you'd expect TK to be involved
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:22 pm

but how is it now. BA and TK help QR. But also others like LH??
Old Jul 25, 2017, 10:09 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
At least for BA, I think this policy may no longer be in effect.

I rang the BA Gold Guest List line, and asked if they were able to do rebooking. They looked up some policy stuff in their system, then rang Qatar to see if they were allowed to rebook as they didn't think they still were, then ended up having to put me through to Qatar customer services for Qatar to do all my rebooking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.