Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Al Maha arrival service - visa fee increase

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, TP Gold, EK Silver

I am a fairly regular user of the Al Maha service benefit as a QR Plat. Travelled to DOH at the weekend, and booked an Al Maha Arrival Service. Upon entering the Al Maha lounge I was informed that the visa on arrival fee in the Al Maha lounge was now QR 175, as opposed to the normal QR 100 visa on arrival fee. This was recently implemented apparently and only applies in the Al Maha lounge, and not at any of the general immigration counters. As I was travelling from DXB I was able to use the Dubai-Doha shuttle fast track, and so used that queue instead, otherwise I would have been up for an extra QR 225 as was travelling with wife and child.

Worth being aware of, at times given the lengthy queues you might be willing to pay extra for a visa, but as I travel from DXB, I won't be using the Al Maha arrival service in the future.
Old Jun 4, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
I'm not familiar with Qatar visa policy, but if you travel to Doha that often why don't you get a multi visa? Or is it not a thing?

If you're doing a long layover with QR (not from/ to the gulf countries) you can also register for free transit visa provided by QR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.