Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Paid entry is now available to QR@ DOH lounges (including Al Mourjan)

Paid entry is now available to QR@ DOH lounges (including Al Mourjan)

Old May 26, 2017, 6:19 am

Programs: TK Elite, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Yesterday transiting (Y) in Doha 6:30 am was told that Emerald (First) lounge was full and i could use Al Mourjan. If this is due to people paying for entry maybe not a bad deal for us not flying premium

Al Mourjan was also packed by the way..
Old May 26, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: QR-G/OWS, QF-G, VA-G, NZ-S
Originally Posted by escape2sun
Hopefully paid access will not be allowed to have showers during peak periods
They will be sadly disappointed even if they secure a sluice opportunity in the Al Moujan shower and sauna boxes!
Old May 26, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Originally Posted by remdk
But is this a sign that the North node lounges are about to open at long last?
Was thinking the exact same thing, let's hope so!
Old May 26, 2017, 1:40 pm

I believe this has perhaps been the case for at least 2 months or so. I was recently doing an upgrade in the QR plat lounge desk and noticed them accepting credit card payment from a few people for lounge access.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Oh dear. The beginning of the slippery slope.
Old May 26, 2017, 2:49 pm

As far as I remember the First class (OWE) and Business class (OWS) lounges were never intended just for OWE and OWS but were to be for other airlines as well. However capacity and other reasons have, until now, precluded others from using the lounges.

I also speculate over the capacity of the Oryx lounge. If it is also overcrowded then it will become more so as passenger numbers increase. As far as I know there will be no new Oryx lounge in North node whereas the other four lounges are supposed to have duplicate lounges there.

So perhaps someone in QR has started to think beyond 'here and now'! WOW!
Old May 26, 2017, 3:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by TheDinge
Very interesting. I already think that Al Mourjan is packed enough for customers' satisfaction- though I agree is a bit of a waste from a business prospective.

Not the best news for me, but considering the high price, I dont think many people would actually pay so should be ok.
I was there last Monday around midday absolutely empty it felt strange
Old May 26, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: QR Gold, BA silver
Originally Posted by spec119
I was there last Monday around midday absolutely empty it felt strange
Mid-day is not the time to be at Al-Mourjan, try 5-6 in the MORNING to get the full experience.
Old May 27, 2017, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
EK have been offering the same at DXB for the past 2 months - no surprise that QR are doing likewise to raise revenues.
Outstation lounges too.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 5:59 am

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
for those of you who use loungebuudy, notice one can buy access to Al Mourjan... Price USD 450 !!!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
It would be nice to see the option for QR Platinum status holders to upgrade from the Doha First Class lounge to the Al Mourjan when flying economy for a 'small' fee.

I think being completely open to anyone is a bit off.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:42 am

toastedcafe Loungebuddy seem to be cashing in on the Al Mourjan access offer. The price quoted in post 1 of this thread is USD 123!!!
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:15 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by toastedcafe
for those of you who use loungebuudy, notice one can buy access to Al Mourjan... Price USD 450 !!!
Bargain

M
Old Oct 17, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Loungebuddy mistakes QAR and USD...
Old Oct 17, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: Some
I think the Al Mourjan price has probably been set high enough to deter too many people taking them up on this offer, which is I suppose good. In all seriousness though, if the level of take up becomes significant they absolutely should prioritise paid J passengers for showers at peak times - the two hour plus wait sometimes is already approaching BA at LHR levels of ridiculousness!

What would surely make sense as well is allowing a restricted number of J passengers to pay to go into Al Safwa given it is sat almost empty.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.