Search

Upgrade Denied A350 Bru

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2017, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qmiles
Upgrade Denied A350 Bru

Hello Everyone,

I book a flight ticket with inbound flight SGN-DOH the 16Th June two days ago.
It was marked A350 Doh-BRU
I make a quick call to be sure I could be Upgraded with Qmiles or Qcredits (PC Plat) They told me it should not be a problem.

Made the upgrade demand and unfortunately, I received a message telling me the upgrade was not possible...

I call back the QR Office. Asking them if they could do it.
Segment SGN-DOH is upgradable but not the DOH-BRU.
I asked him I made the booking to Flight the J Product on A350 ...
He told me it was not the A350 but the 787-9 on that moment (2flight on BRU daily now) ...

My question is : Can I call or contact someone else to have my award Seat
Can I change the flight on DOH-BRU to get the A350 ?

Thanks
Old May 21, 2017, 4:30 am

Since the B787 has 16 C seats less, award availability supposedly suffered.
QRPC contact points are your best option to try. I haven't heard of a single case where an aircraft change was accepted as a reason for a free flight change as long as the booked class wasn't affected. The only thing I could imagine is that you could leverage some goodwill with your Plat status, though from my experience, the QRPC people are the only ones who might even consider it.
Old May 21, 2017, 4:42 am

bambooshoot I am afraid that that there is not much you can do.
If at this stage you wish to change your booking then you will have to pay the change fees and have the trip repriced at the prices valid for the day of change.

Before that I think you should contact QR and stressing the incorrect information given during booking ask them to change your flights free of chage. They will most likely refuse but it is worth a try. CS is improving all the time.
Old May 21, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
BRU is indeed servec by the B787 at the moment but will switch to A350 on June 15th.
Old May 21, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qmiles
@Mict,

I saw that it's not switch but Added ! so 2 daily flight
Old May 21, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bambooshoot
@Mict,

I saw that it's not switch but Added ! so 2 daily flight
No it's only 2 daily flights on Fridays, total 8 flights a week. It's been that way for a while and all flights switch to A350 after June 15th (except one of the Friday flight that will be kept on 787 until July).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.