Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I believe all bookings are accepted by default but the OP may find the booking is cancelled after it is verified against the (lack of) QR ticket number in the weeks to come. I believe I read here that someone does check them several weeks after booking.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IB Silver, TP Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Welcome to Flyertalk and to the Qatar forum! All of your questions are actually discussed above in this thread (unfortunately probably not with the answers you are hoping for) so you might find it useful to have a look at the past few pages of the threads to get a sense of people's comments!

In short, nobody can know if the stopover package will continue in 2020 (some people say that they are optimistic but even then it is only their hunch based on a perception of hotel over-capacity and no clear sense of how or when the blocade might end), it is definitely not possible to book it now, but yes, the stopover can normally be booked until shortly before one's trip, so if it becomes available for your dates, you would be able to book it whenever it is released.
Not sure if the booking was confirmed previously, probably that's why the Hotel asked to forward the itinerary, maybe because they couldn't find in QR system,,,,
let's hope goes well.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
I believe all bookings are accepted by default but the OP may find the booking is cancelled after it is verified against the (lack of) QR ticket number in the weeks to come. I believe I read here that someone does check them several weeks after booking.
that was too good to be true
Let's see how it plays out.
Prior my departure I'll make a booking payable at the Hotel... Wyndham Grand Regency, Warwick, Millenium Hotel, Millennium Park they are all around the same price 60-80euros. Should be ok
Old Jul 13, 2019, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Schwann
In my experience, the web site verifies that the eticket number is on QR and has not already been used with +Qatar. Also in my experience, bookings are reviewed by a person some time after being made, and will be cancelled if the reviewer doesn't like anything. I had a case where I had a flight arriving at 2 AM, with three days before my departing flight. I made a one-night +Qatar booking for the day before, since that's how hotel systems operate, and my +Qatar booking was cancelled a couple of weeks later because the date didn't match the flight date. I was unable to modify the +Qatar booking to correct it since bookings are non-changable, and I was unable to make a new booking since the e-ticket number had already been used for a +Qatar booking. A Catch-22. Luckily, QR issued a dummy e-ticket number for me to use. Some posters have also made +Qatar bookings for the day before their post-midnight flight arrives and had no problems at all. So, it's possible that not all +Qatar bookings are reviewed, and/or that some reviewers are more lenient than others.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:10 am
R2

Originally Posted by anabolism
Also in my experience, bookings are reviewed by a person some time after being made, and will be cancelled if the reviewer doesn't like anything.
I have similar experiences. Recently, I had a layover of 11h35min and managed to make the booking on the website. However, two days later received an email notification my booking had been cancelled because it did not meet the t&c's for the offer.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:51 am

We have just received the STPC Voucher for a 9hr stopover next January at Doha on a flight to Cape Town-----do we have any choice as to the exact Hotel given short period?--or at the mercy of the Transfer Desk?------would be happy with In Transit Oryx Hotel but am told they do not participate STPC?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by dbarton
We have just received the STPC Voucher for a 9hr stopover next January at Doha on a flight to Cape Town-----do we have any choice as to the exact Hotel given short period?--or at the mercy of the Transfer Desk?------would be happy with In Transit Oryx Hotel but am told they do not participate STPC?
This thread is for discussion of the +Qatar program. The correct thread for the QR STPC program is The QR STPC (stopover) policy?. If you check there, you will see that it does not allow one to choose a hotel, QR chooses it. I am not aware of QR ever providing the Oryx transit hotel, but if you are in F or J they often provide the Oryx Rotana hotel, which is close to the airport.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by DTCFlyer
Thanks... Yea i got it.... Qatar website says you eticket 157 - noticed mine was 125-XXXXX I guess it's ok.
Well
Qatar Airways booking contacted me asking to provide a valid booking. It must be QR inventory 157-xxx not partner airlines 125-xxx. Also not refundable - they will keep the fee paid QAR100
Thank you for sharing the ticket number and we are regret to inform you that your ticket is not eligible for dqstopover offer due the ticket is issued by other airline, therefore the booking will be cancelled accordingly and the handling fee of QAR100 will applied as per terms and conditions
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 8:00 am

How do they enforce the minimum 12 hour rule? I have a 9 hour stopover in Doha and I would like to take advantage of this promo if possible. I've been through the website and it will allow me to go through to the payment page.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by CX_newbie
How do they enforce the minimum 12 hour rule? I have a 9 hour stopover in Doha and I would like to take advantage of this promo if possible. I've been through the website and it will allow me to go through to the payment page.
If you read more posts in this thread you will learn that all bookings are subject to manual review. Sometimes bookings are permitted by the online system that violate one or more of their rules; sometimes such bookings are reviewed and cancelled later (it can be immediately after being made or weeks later) and sometimes they slip through with no problems. If a booking is manually reviewed and cancelled, it is non-changable and any payment is non-refundable, and the e-ticket is marked as used for +Qatar so can't be used for a new booking. It is possible in some cases to ask QR to create a dummy e-ticket to allow for a new +Qatar booking, but it is not a quick process, and wouldn't apply if the booking doesn't meet the terms and conditions.

So, the short answer is, you can go ahead and try. You might get lucky and get a hotel for $23, or you might be unlucky and lose the $23.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 10:24 am

I have a stopover around 14 hours. There is one earlier flight with short connection of less than 8 hours but i did not take it due to timing which is not right for me and 50% more expensive. Travelling in business all the way from ARN to SIN. I am kinda sure that i will not be entitled to transfer hotel. Arriving in Doha around 6am local time and departing again around 8pm. I am thinking of sleeping at the snooze room at Al-mourjan for a few hours and wake up just before lunch time. Have a lunch there and go for a short hop into the souk area for 2-3 hours for a stroll before coming back.
1. Should i go for this stopover hotel or i wonder if the snooze room is quite easily accessible from 6am onwards?
2. Is there any other recommendation to waste time during this 14 hours transfer time? I have joined before the qatar short tour which i found not interesting for me. Any mall or place other than souk?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by a.bakar
I have a stopover around 14 hours. There is one earlier flight with short connection of less than 8 hours but i did not take it due to timing which is not right for me and 50% more expensive. Travelling in business all the way from ARN to SIN. I am kinda sure that i will not be entitled to transfer hotel. Arriving in Doha around 6am local time and departing again around 8pm. I am thinking of sleeping at the snooze room at Al-mourjan for a few hours and wake up just before lunch time. Have a lunch there and go for a short hop into the souk area for 2-3 hours for a stroll before coming back.
1. Should i go for this stopover hotel or i wonder if the snooze room is quite easily accessible from 6am onwards?
2. Is there any other recommendation to waste time during this 14 hours transfer time? I have joined before the qatar short tour which i found not interesting for me. Any mall or place other than souk?

You're getting confused.. you wouldn't be eligible for the free hotel but you are eligible for the paid ($23 ish) hotel via Discover Qatar with this 14 hour layover.

I wouldn't want to stay in the lounge 14 hours.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by a.bakar
With 14 hours, I would probably get a hotel under the +Qatar program, but with your timing being daytime it might not be worth it if you don't think you can sleep.

The Vallagio mall is large, cool, and interesting. It has a canal with boats, a la Venice. The Museum of Islamic Arts is interesting, free, and cool (and has a cafe with nice water views). The displays rotate, so even if you've been before there will be new stuff to see on a subsequent visit. There is a new museum, the National Museum of Qatar. I haven't been yet but hear it is worth a visit.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The architecture alone of the National Museum of Qatar is worth a vist.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
.... The Museum of Islamic Arts is interesting, free, and cool (and has a cafe with nice water views). The displays rotate, so even if you've been before there will be new stuff to see on a subsequent visit.
Sadly, the Museum isn't free. A new charging structure for national museums kicked in some months' back. Unless you can claim residence it will set you back £10 each..

There is a new museum, the National Museum of Qatar. I haven't been yet but hear it is worth a visit.
This one, too: same price, though you can buy a museum pass. The architecture is dramatic. We've been driving by it for years, and now we can go in. Don't bother, though the kids might like the interactive bits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.