Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by meester69
there don't seem to be many direct options for anything like the QR Stopover price, unfortunately.
At exactly that price point, you'd probably have to downgrade hotel category very significantly, but in my experience, one can often get a room for one of the less prestigious 5* hotel in Doha for about Ł50/$70 in the summer and a little bit (but not much) more in the winter. If any of those say that they allow a check in by a 17 year old, then if booked directly, you would be safe. Given the price of many plane tickets, I'd typically consider the extra Ł30-40 a fair price to pay for certainty but that's admittedly a personal decision.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Raj Ambavane
Thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely interested in IC as you might be into something. Maybe I can get the base room and upgrade to deluxe or club room depending on the rate. Also what would you update to and why? Is there a lounge access with deluxe or club room?
If i were you, I'd simply ask to buy up to club access. I'm sure they'd make sure you get a good room as well.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Originally Posted by orbitmic
At exactly that price point, you'd probably have to downgrade hotel category very significantly, but in my experience, one can often get a room for one of the less prestigious 5* hotel in Doha for about Ł50/$70 in the summer and a little bit (but not much) more in the winter. If any of those say that they allow a check in by a 17 year old, then if booked directly, you would be safe. Given the price of many plane tickets, I'd typically consider the extra Ł30-40 a fair price to pay for certainty but that's admittedly a personal decision.
Hmm,
I got a reply from Al Aziziyah, which seems to be a bit more complete

Please be informed that the check-in age should be 18 years old and above. For Qatari nationality, ladies should be 30 years old above and 21yo for men.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 4:43 am

I'm looking at flights with a return in January/February 2020, so outwith the dates for the current "cheap" hotel stopover offers. If I book flights now and the offer is extended before I travel, will I still be eligible and able to book?

And I know it'll probably be a guess, but based on it's history, what are the chances of the offer being extended?
Old Jun 25, 2019, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by ft101
I'm looking at flights with a return in January/February 2020, so outwith the dates for the current "cheap" hotel stopover offers. If I book flights now and the offer is extended before I travel, will I still be eligible and able to book?

And I know it'll probably be a guess, but based on it's history, what are the chances of the offer being extended?
Are you planning on staying a few days or just transiting? I have a flight in January, and have a free room through Qatar as I meet all Qatar’s Air’s requirements.

Last edited by diverg; Jun 25, 2019 at 8:05 am
Old Jun 25, 2019, 8:12 am

During the summer, Doha 5* hotels are dirt cheap outside of this deal.

The Millennium and Warwick are around Ł50 and the Oryx Rotana and the Double Tree around Ł75 including service charges

Originally Posted by Schwann
Stayed at the Westin last week. No recognition of Marriott status or anything (although I did get the number added to my account in weeks prior) but to be honest the room was huge, lovely and just a place to doss for 13 hours.. no issue with checking in at weird hours, was in at 0600 and left at 1900.
Very large, well-appointed rooms there. You can't help but get the feeling the place is empty though. When I was there, restaurants, the gym and public areas were very quiet. Can't imagine the hotel was a quarter full.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by diverg
Are you planning on staying a few days or just transiting? I have a flight in January, and have a free room through Qatar as I meet all Qatar’s Air’s requirements.
Not sure really - just planning ATM. I don't think I'll meet the criteria for a freebie, just thinking of staying for a day (or two) and wondering what the offers are.
Old Jun 25, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by ft101

If the +Qatar program is extended, you can book at that time using your QR e-ticket issued now (it's also possible that schedule changes might cause QR to reissue your ticket; just use the latest ticket you have).

I'd say the odds are pretty good that it will be extended, especially if the embargo hasn't been resolved by the end of this year. Just my guess of course.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I am sure that it is mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I cannot find it now, my flight into Doha arrives at 3:20am and my flight out is the next day at 2:25am. When booking the stopover hotel, do I put the dates of my flights or the dates of the days before my flights (as I would have done for a "normal" hotel booking)
Old Jun 28, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I am sure that it is mentioned somewhere in this thread, but I cannot find it now, my flight into Doha arrives at 3:20am and my flight out is the next day at 2:25am. When booking the stopover hotel, do I put the dates of my flights or the dates of the days before my flights (as I would have done for a "normal" hotel booking)
Book it for the day your flight lands. I think the hotels are probably used to weird and wonderful arrival times now.. for peace of mind you can email the hotel directly a few weeks before arrival to let them know when you'll arrive.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PltPro, AMEX Platinum
Buying Qatar business multi city on Amex site

hello all looking at a multi city business fare. Jfk-Doha-hkg.

Stopover would be around 27 hours. I assume it will be a Qatar issued ticket. Does this qualify for the discounted hotel rates? Thank you so much.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by wireless_999
hello all looking at a multi city business fare. Jfk-Doha-hkg.

Stopover would be around 27 hours. I assume it will be a Qatar issued ticket. Does this qualify for the discounted hotel rates? Thank you so much.
Yep, sounds about right. All my QR travels booked via Amex have been issued as Qatar tickets.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:16 am

Does anyone recommend a particular building to request a room to stay in at the Souq Waqif hotels? Interested to try a different branch/building of the hotel this time.

I've stayed once before.... I honestly don't remember the name of the building I stayed in but IIRC there was a hotel with a pool just over the street/lane we could use. Otherwise the building seemed quite small.. it may have been the Najd building.

Last edited by Schwann; Jul 3, 2019 at 1:56 am
Old Jul 2, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life
Which hotels offer 24 hour stay from time of arrival?

I shall be arriving in Doha at around 23:00 and leaving at 22:00 the following night. There has been talk above suggesting that some hotels allow 24 hours from time of arrival, whereas other have a check out time of 12:00 regardless of the time one arrived the day before (or even the same morning).

Does anyone know which hotels will definitely allow 24 hours from time of check-in?
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by GGLwannabe
I shall be arriving in Doha at around 23:00 and leaving at 22:00 the following night. There has been talk above suggesting that some hotels allow 24 hours from time of arrival, whereas other have a check out time of 12:00 regardless of the time one arrived the day before (or even the same morning).

Does anyone know which hotels will definitely allow 24 hours from time of check-in?
Westin, Hilton and Souq Waqif are fine. These are hotels I have experience with. To be honest, I'm sure if they're in the programme 24 hour stays are fine.. it would be fairly pointless otherwise.

But always worth emailing your chosen hotel directly to clarify and provide your checkin time anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.