Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by DTCFlyer
I have a award ticket (issued with Avios), e-ticket 157-XXXX
How did you get a 157- ticket using Avios? Normally, Avios tickets are issued by BA (125-) or Iberia (075-).

Originally Posted by DTCFlyer
I would check into the hotel 17/09 about 2am, will check out next day 5am.
Anyone got lucky with free hotel?
Website is allowing me to book the hotel, but not sure what happens after payment.
I am not sure what you mean by "Anyone got lucky with free hotel?" If you mean "Has anyone booked a free hotel using +Qatar after they started charging," then there have been no reports of that here. If you mean "Will I get 27 hours at the hotel as one night" then that depends on the hotel. Some hotels may charge you for any stay beyond 24 hours, some might be more lenient. Best to check with the hotel before booking with +Qatar, since those bookings cannot be changed.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by anabolism
How did you get a 157- ticket using Avios? Normally, Avios tickets are issued by BA (125-) or Iberia (075-).

I am not sure what you mean by "Anyone got lucky with free hotel?" If you mean "Has anyone booked a free hotel using +Qatar after they started charging," then there have been no reports of that here. If you mean "Will I get 27 hours at the hotel as one night" then that depends on the hotel. Some hotels may charge you for any stay beyond 24 hours, some might be more lenient. Best to check with the hotel before booking with +Qatar, since those bookings cannot be changed.
im also puzzled about the 157 playing for an avios ticket. I must say I’ve never seen that.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by orbitmic

im also puzzled about the 157 playing for an avios ticket. I must say I’ve never seen that.
Unless the poster comes back with clarification or more details, I suspect either the poster was confused about the plating carrier and has a BA ticket, or the poster is using "Avios" as a general term for airline frequent flyer programs and used Qmiles for a QR award.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:31 am

Can anyone please confirm that Hilton Doha is officially not offered in the stopover program, I just booked my ticket and was trying to book the hotel for a stopover stay and it doesn't show up in the available properties. I did check multiple dates in different months still no luck. Only trying to stay there because of diamond status. Can anybody confirm if they were able to book a reservation through stopover program? Also who should I talk to get this booking done. Thank you.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Raj Ambavane
Can anyone please confirm that Hilton Doha is officially not offered in the stopover program, I just booked my ticket and was trying to book the hotel for a stopover stay and it doesn't show up in the available properties. I did check multiple dates in different months still no luck. Only trying to stay there because of diamond status. Can anybody confirm if they were able to book a reservation through stopover program? Also who should I talk to get this booking done. Thank you.
i also don’t see it (and wanted it) for my forthcoming trip but it still shows on the official hotels list in the stopover home page so keep hoping it will be added. Oryx Rotana was not showing either around my dates then popped up a few days ago for every day in the period.

And you dont don’t talk to anyone, just book online but beware once booked you can’t change or cancel.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:24 am

i also don’t see it (and wanted it) for my forthcoming trip but it still shows on the official hotels list in the stopover home page so keep hoping it will be added. Oryx Rotana was not showing either around my dates then popped up a few days ago for every day in the period.

And you dont don’t talk to anyone, just book online but beware once booked you can’t change or cancel.
Thanks for the reply and confirming that. I spoke to the diamond desk in the mean time and they confirmed that the hotel is not available(for stopover) because its almost full for my dates. They have only 28 standard rooms left and they are not releasing it for the discounted price(aka stopover rate). So now the question becomes which one to book!? Oryx Rotana, Hyatt, IC, Marriott, Westin are available for my date of travel in October. Did you already book that, is it any good? I stayed at Westin last time and they offered me a very good room. Maybe it was an upgrade but not sure.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:10 am

I'll be booking QR J using AA Miles from NBO-DOH-BOS with a 12+ hour layover. Will I qualify for Qatar+ accommodation in this case assuming I acquire the QR record locator?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyGraz
I'll be booking QR J using AA Miles from NBO-DOH-BOS with a 12+ hour layover. Will I qualify for Qatar+ accommodation in this case assuming I acquire the QR record locator?
No. See wiki.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: I am a lowly ant
My son is 17 and has 17 hour stopover, what's the situation in terms of check-in in Qatar hotels? Any possibility?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by meester69
My son is 17 and has 17 hour stopover, what's the situation in terms of check-in in Qatar hotels? Any possibility?
Unfortunately, I believe that the lead passenger has to be 18 or over if I am not mistaken.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Raj Ambavane
Thanks for the reply and confirming that. I spoke to the diamond desk in the mean time and they confirmed that the hotel is not available(for stopover) because its almost full for my dates. They have only 28 standard rooms left and they are not releasing it for the discounted price(aka stopover rate). So now the question becomes which one to book!? Oryx Rotana, Hyatt, IC, Marriott, Westin are available for my date of travel in October. Did you already book that, is it any good? I stayed at Westin last time and they offered me a very good room. Maybe it was an upgrade but not sure.

I wouldn't sweat it so much for a one night stay. If you were happy at the Westin, go for it again. I pass by it a lot, but never considered staying there (the nearby Radisson Blue is much cheaper, and it's fun) - but it seems popular on here, so must be doing something right!

It's generally a thankless task recommending hotels, but if you want to try somewhere new I'd go for the Marriott (but the Marquis, not the other one) or the IC. Both are handy for the City Centre Mall and the (way smarter) Gate Mall. Meaning you'll have something to do, and plenty places to eat. But if you stay at the IC it might be worth buying up to a Club room (the lounge is delightful).

The Crowne Plaza (the new "West Bay" one) is in the same area, but not on your list. It was designed and built to be an IC, but I guess a third IC for Doha was an IC too much.

The Hilton seems to be getting a lot of status refugees from the DoubleTree, which might help explain why it isn't available. I know the location (bang on the bay) is a big plus, but even though I'm diamond I don't rate the place - for much the reason I wouldn't stay at the DT: Both have insanely popular nightclubs, and unless you are savvy you risk a noisy night.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:20 am

Unfortunately, I believe that the lead passenger has to be 18 or over if I am not mistaken.
Yes I saw that in the terms for the Qatar Airways programme. Some hotels state it explicitly, but I can't tell if there is a general rule in Qatar. I might try contacting individual hotels
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by meester69
Yes I saw that in the terms for the Qatar Airways programme. Some hotels state it explicitly, but I can't tell if there is a general rule in Qatar. I might try contacting individual hotels
Is it really worth the risk? It's QR Stopover who books, sets conditions, pays, and in some cases cancels bookings. QR Stopover has been known to cancel bookings which were ineligible (not on that ground which I'm not aware of anyone trying) at any random time, so by pushing it, you might find yourself in a situation where a 17 year old might end up reaching the hotel (you contacted and which told you they did not care about the age of guests) only to be told that he has no booking. Even if it is a savvy and self sufficient teen, that would not be a very pleasant situation for him to be in.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 10:17 am

Is it really worth the risk? It's QR Stopover who books, sets conditions, pays, and in some cases cancels bookings. QR Stopover has been known to cancel bookings which were ineligible (not on that ground which I'm not aware of anyone trying) at any random time, so by pushing it, you might find yourself in a situation where a 17 year old might end up reaching the hotel (you contacted and which told you they did not care about the age of guests) only to be told that he has no booking. Even if it is a savvy and self sufficient teen, that would not be a very pleasant situation for him to be in.
it might not be, no. there don't seem to be many direct options for anything like the QR Stopover price, unfortunately.

I contacted the Westin, btw, and they said their minimum check-in age is 21, so not sure how that works with QR's conditions saying 18 lol.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I wouldn't sweat it so much for a one night stay. If you were happy at the Westin, go for it again. I pass by it a lot, but never considered staying there (the nearby Radisson Blue is much cheaper, and it's fun) - but it seems popular on here, so must be doing something right!

It's generally a thankless task recommending hotels, but if you want to try somewhere new I'd go for the Marriott (but the Marquis, not the other one) or the IC. Both are handy for the City Centre Mall and the (way smarter) Gate Mall. Meaning you'll have something to do, and plenty places to eat. But if you stay at the IC it might be worth buying up to a Club room (the lounge is delightful).

The Crowne Plaza (the new "West Bay" one) is in the same area, but not on your list. It was designed and built to be an IC, but I guess a third IC for Doha was an IC too much.

The Hilton seems to be getting a lot of status refugees from the DoubleTree, which might help explain why it isn't available. I know the location (bang on the bay) is a big plus, but even though I'm diamond I don't rate the place - for much the reason I wouldn't stay at the DT: Both have insanely popular nightclubs, and unless you are savvy you risk a noisy night.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am definitely interested in IC as you might be into something. Maybe I can get the base room and upgrade to deluxe or club room depending on the rate. Also what would you update to and why? Is there a lounge access with deluxe or club room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.