Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Vani56
Thanks for the reply! I asked Qatar Airways and they confirmed the full 24h stay with flexible check-in/check-out. Do you choose the check-in time when you make the reservation or later? Or perhaps it must be the time your flight arrives?
So far I'm considering between Al Najada, Grand Hyatt, Westin and IC The City. Do you guys have any recommendations?
You make the +Qatar booking exactly match your flight arrival time. I was suggesting that before making the booking, call or email your desired hotel to be sure they won't have a problem with a 24-hour stay +Qatar that doesn't match their usual check-in/check-out times. Note that for most hotels you need to arrange your own transportation (I usually have the hotel arrange the ride from the airport, and I use Uber to get back to the airport).
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Has anybody gotten points / elite status credit at any of the international brands? I would assume not, but YMMV as always, especially for elite benefits...
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:15 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Has anybody gotten points / elite status credit at any of the international brands? I would assume not, but YMMV as always, especially for elite benefits...
No points / stay credit at Westin, although that's back when the room was free rather than 28 USD. They gave me lounge access and a generous suite upgrade.

Grand Hyatt agreed in advance to give me lounge access for a stay in a couple of months and I suspect they will upgrade me as well given the welcoming nature of the e-mail they sent me when I asked about +Qatar. However they told me my stay won't earn points.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 12:35 am

According to posts above and official terms, awards booked on OneWorld partners should not be eligible... but on the manage booking page on Qatar's website, it advertises the Stopover program... Is the 157* ticket number actually checked now that it's a paid program? (e.g., they threaten to charge rack rate for itineraries that actually start or end in DOH) Or is this a sign that I would be eligible anyway? Any experience?
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:50 am

I have a question- I have a 12hr 5 min layover in Doha in biz class . Thinking of booking the same hotel as I stayed in last time ( Souq Waqif) However if there is a flight change and it goes under 12 hours will I lose my hotel booking and the money I paid?

Last edited by sam lewis71; Apr 28, 2019 at 3:51 am Reason: typo
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sam lewis71
I have a question- I have a 12hr 5 min layover in Doha in biz class . Thinking of booking the same hotel as I stayed in last time ( Souq Waqif) However if there is a flight change and it goes under 12 hours will I lose my hotel booking and the money I paid?

Some info in the FAQs here.
• Qatar Stopover confirmed bookings can be changed free of cost in case of involuntary changes affecting Qatar Airways flights where passengers were obligated to change their flights due to schedule change, flight interruption, misconnection, delays, etc.
Global Adventurer likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 4:51 pm

I'll be travelling solo in Business class in January 2020 with a 21 hour stopover. CNX-DOH-IAH. Is what isaw in the wikipost correct. Must be a party of two to take advantage of this deal?
Old May 2, 2019, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by diverg
I'll be travelling solo in Business class in January 2020 with a 21 hour stopover. CNX-DOH-IAH. Is what isaw in the wikipost correct. Must be a party of two to take advantage of this deal?
I think you may have misunderstood the Wikipost. The offer allows for one hotel room to be booked per ticket, and there will be one ticket per person, so if there are two or more people in a booking, then the offer can be used in both directions. If it's just you, then you can use the offer to book a hotel in one direction.

Last edited by anabolism; May 2, 2019 at 5:40 pm Reason: fix typo (missing "more" after "or")
Old May 2, 2019, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by anabolism
I think you may have misunderstood the Wikipost. The offer allows for one hotel room to be booked per ticket, and there will be one ticket per person, so if there are two or people in a booking, then the offer can be used in both directions. If it's just you, then you can use the offer to book a hotel in one direction.
Thanks. Now I just need them to extend the program into next year.
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:38 am

+Qatar free again?

QR just tweeted this:
#Qatar Airways long-haul passengers can also take advantage of +Qatar, a unique stopover package in partnership with @ntc_Qatar, designed to give travelers transiting through #Qatar the opportunity to discover the country with free luxury hotel stays & complimentary transit visas.

Old May 5, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by jeroen100
QR just tweeted this:
#Qatar Airways long-haul passengers can also take advantage of +Qatar, a unique stopover package in partnership with @ntc_Qatar, designed to give travelers transiting through #Qatar the opportunity to discover the country with free luxury hotel stays & complimentary transit visas.

I saw this also on twitter Someone asked for a link- i followed it and it just took me to the normal booking page for $23/$28
Old May 16, 2019, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Has anyone stayed at the Souq Al Wakra or at the Grand Hyatt? Both have appeared for my next stay and I never tried them (nor have heard about them). I like the fact both sound by the sea - despite my next stay being in summer, I do enjoy an early morning visit to the sea before it gets too hot and humid. Hyatt seems to have a private beach? Al Wakra may just be a public beach and can't figure out if they have a swimming pool, though it looks pretty. Al Najada is another one that I don't know as yet.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Has anyone stayed at the Souq Al Wakra or at the Grand Hyatt? Both have appeared for my next stay and I never tried them (nor have heard about them). I like the fact both sound by the sea - despite my next stay being in summer, I do enjoy an early morning visit to the sea before it gets too hot and humid. Hyatt seems to have a private beach? Al Wakra may just be a public beach and can't figure out if they have a swimming pool, though it looks pretty. Al Najada is another one that I don't know as yet.
Souq Al Wakra is more of a boutique hotel and the beach is public which I don't think swimming is allowed.
Grand Hyatt has a private beach (where you can swim) and is a licensed hotel.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Stayed at the Westin last week. No recognition of Marriott status or anything (although I did get the number added to my account in weeks prior) but to be honest the room was huge, lovely and just a place to doss for 13 hours.. no issue with checking in at weird hours, was in at 0600 and left at 1900.

Next stay back at Souq Waqif, lets see if I can feel like I'm not the only one staying there!
Old May 26, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BA Gold, IB Silver, TP Gold
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Redemption tickets are eligible for this, provided they are QR ticketed (ie. the ticket number starts with 157-)
That's what I was wondering
I have a award ticket (issued with Avios), e-ticket 157-XXXX, my flight is as follow:
AMS-DOH - arriving 23:59 on 16/09 - guessing i'll clear security customs around 00:30 - so it will be 17/09
DOH-SING - departuring 7:15 on 18/09.
I choose this long layover to enjoy a day in Doha, also try to use this offer.
I would check into the hotel 17/09 about 2am, will check out next day 5am.
Anyone got lucky with free hotel?
Website is allowing me to book the hotel, but not sure what happens after payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.