Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Originally Posted by Topolino
Any chance that the +Qatar offer will be extended for bookings after 31 January 2019? When they usually notify the extension?
I've emailed them for a flight well into the second half of February, and they confirmed my stay within a few hours.

Last edited by Somnifer; Jan 25, 2019 at 5:20 am Reason: Grammar
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:07 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Somnifer
I've emailed them for a flight well into the second half of February, and they confirmed my stay within a few hours.
Your flight can be up to 30th April but the actual +Qatar promotion requires you book it before 31st January.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 12:43 am

Programs: FB, MM, QR
Originally Posted by Matt4

Your flight can be up to 30th April but the actual +Qatar promotion requires you book it before 31st January.
Good to know! I've been looking at flights in May, and I guess I'll wait a bit longer to see if they'll extend this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:03 am

Programs: Flying Blue/Platinum, TK/Elite Plus, QR/Platinum, LH/FTL, Marriott/Platinum
Obviously the offer is over at 12:00 noon Doha time already, weird that the cut-off time is noon instead of 11:59pm... They also increased the price to 100 USD for two nights in the last few days, instead of the originally announced 50 USD...

Now there's the regular offer for 28 USD/night for a one-night stay (5 star hotel), details here: https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/
Old Jan 31, 2019, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by newflyer530
Obviously the offer is over at 12:00 noon Doha time already, weird that the cut-off time is noon instead of 11:59pm... They also increased the price to 100 USD for two nights in the last few days, instead of the originally announced 50 USD...

Now there's the regular offer for 28 USD/night for a one-night stay (5 star hotel), details here: https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/
Question regarding the regular offer: If we are flying Qatar Airways economy class can we book 5 star hotels too?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by newflyer530

I'm sure its been $100 for two nights for a while now.

I wonder if this programme has now been replaced with a paid one night version... I guess it's overall cheaper for those staying two nights.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Topolino
Question regarding the regular offer: If we are flying Qatar Airways economy class can we book 5 star hotels too?
Yes. The 5 Star hotels are juts a little bit more expensive (QAR 102 for the first Night)
Old Jan 31, 2019, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Kölner
Yes. The 5 Star hotels are juts a little bit more expensive (QAR 102 for the first Night)
Good to know that is possible. Thank you.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Schwann
I wonder if this programme has now been replaced with a paid one night version...
I wonder if we will get any official word on this. I still see the 31st Jan deadline on the QR website as well as what people are referring to as the “regular offer”
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:41 pm

I booked my tickets before Jan 31st , but hotel was not. Qatar is now saying that I have to pay for the hotel. Anyone facing the same problem? I thought only the flight had to be booked before the end of January.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by jgchiker
I booked my tickets before Jan 31st , but hotel was not. Qatar is now saying that I have to pay for the hotel. Anyone facing the same problem? I thought only the flight had to be booked before the end of January.
I think you are out of luck. That being said, it only costs roughly $30USD for a 5-star hotel. Makes for a decent day room ;-)
Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:54 am

According to https://www.discoverqatar.qa/stopover/ the stopover program runs until the end of 2019, but it isn't free any longer. $28 for a night at a 5-star hotel is not bad though. However, when I try to click on "View Details" for any of the hotels on that page, it just goes to the top of the page and doesn't load any info. Has anyone been successful in booking a stopover recently? Is there another way to book that's not through that page?

Last edited by AndieNarwhal; Feb 8, 2019 at 9:13 am
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:08 pm

I just booked one today for week after next. On the discoverqatar.qa website I clicked on the stopover tab (not the hotel offers as said no availability) then put in the date and gives you selection 4/5*. Not the best choice but got the grand hyatt (which looks good although 25 mins away) for circa £20 admin fee. You just enter your ticket number in the booking page.

Note I hadn't booked as a multi-city just had an o/night as part of an R class (discounted bus) ticket. And I had booked the flight about a month ago. I guess I will get free-visa on arrival and grab an uber.

I was going to book the Sharq village as so close and have stayed before - but was £180 on hotels.com so this is a great deal.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Hi all,

Been through the thread but can't find the answer I'm looking for. The T&Cs state that 'Check-in dates at hotel must match flight arrival date in Doha'. This is a 15h layover, from 00:30 to 15:30. If I input same day check-in/out, it comes back with no rooms available.

Is that actually the case, or should I book as 'check out one day later'?

Finally, just to double check (haven't seen anything to the contrary), this is absolutely fine on one-way tickets?

Thanks!
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by BA6501
Hi all,

Been through the thread but can't find the answer I'm looking for. The T&Cs state that 'Check-in dates at hotel must match flight arrival date in Doha'. This is a 15h layover, from 00:30 to 15:30. If I input same day check-in/out, it comes back with no rooms available.

Is that actually the case, or should I book as 'check out one day later'?

Finally, just to double check (haven't seen anything to the contrary), this is absolutely fine on one-way tickets?
For the first issue, try putting the check-in date as one day earlier and select 00:00-01:00 next day as the time. That should match and allow the booking. For the second issue, yes, a one-way ticket is fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.