Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: qr
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Redemption tickets are eligible for this, provided they are QR ticketed (ie. the ticket number starts with 157-)
thanks very much most useful and great that I could plumb this into any forced stop over in Doha .
Johnnieboy likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by freakfor747
What do you guys think is the best of the 5 star hotels that are available with this promo for a 32hr layover? Now that this has been expanded, I need to seriously consider the selections.
Everyone will have their own preference.

According to the rankings on booking.com and Tripadvisor, the Westin is the best. It was also the most expensive per night when I looked of all the hotels they offered.

I had a brilliant two night stay there and the hotel is lovely.

However, it's not the best located and you'll need to Uber/ taxi it everywhere. That said, I am not sure Doha has a best located hotel. Perhaps the Souq Waqif is?
freakfor747 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
I am flying through DOH in Jan and made my own overnight stay plans, the SPG rates at places like Ritz were pretty low have the outbound flight at 7:40 AM to a ATQ with one checked bag. What's a good latest safe time to check in at that time? I presume the premier terminal security is pretty quick?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
I am flying through DOH in Jan and made my own overnight stay plans, the SPG rates at places like Ritz were pretty low have the outbound flight at 7:40 AM to a ATQ with one checked bag. What's a good latest safe time to check in at that time? I presume the premier terminal security is pretty quick?
There's no premier terminal in DOH, just the one terminal for everyone (and a separate terminal for Qatari royals). If you are flying QR F or J, the passport check and security screening near those check-in desks has been fairly quick for us, so I would think 90 minutes would be the latest safe check-in.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Im booked in for a night In souq waqif, seems to me that this is the only hotel being in the downtown - downtown area
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by freakfor747
What do you guys think is the best of the 5 star hotels that are available with this promo for a 32hr layover? Now that this has been expanded, I need to seriously consider the selections.
The available hotels arent that nice. The nicest hotels in Doha are the Ritz Carlton (not the Sharq Village property but the proper RC), Four Seasons (which really needs a refurb) and the St. Regis.
freakfor747 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by manucanuck
Im booked in for a night In souq waqif, seems to me that this is the only hotel being in the downtown - downtown area
Thats in the "Old Town" area which is nice and near the MIA. The downtown area (more modern) is where hotels like the IC-The City and Hilton are.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 3:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anabolism
There's no premier terminal in DOH, just the one terminal for everyone (and a separate terminal for Qatari royals). If you are flying QR F or J, the passport check and security screening near those check-in desks has been fairly quick for us, so I would think 90 minutes would be the latest safe check-in.
Correct, maybe the OP is thinking of the old Doha airport, although the QR premium check-in area, security, immigration and Al Safwa lounge especially is so segregated (especially for First class) it has the feel of a separate terminal and one of my favorite aspects of flying out of DOH. I wish more airports would have the type of check-in facilities QR designed in DOH.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Correct, maybe the OP is thinking of the old Doha airport, although the QR premium check-in area, security, immigration and Al Safwa lounge especially is so segregated (especially for First class) it has the feel of a separate terminal and one of my favorite aspects of flying out of DOH. I wish more airports would have the type of check-in facilities QR designed in DOH.
In my own experience, checking in and clearing passport control and security does seem somewhat segregated, but once past security, I have had to take an escalator down to the main terminal floor in order to access a lounge or gate, and that is full-on crowded and can be chaotic.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by anabolism
In my own experience, checking in and clearing passport control and security does seem somewhat segregated, but once past security, I have had to take an escalator down to the main terminal floor in order to access a lounge or gate, and that is full-on crowded and can be chaotic.
Sounds like we are talking two different things. Flying QR First departing DOH it is like a separate terminal experience, you access the Al Safwa lounge after passport control and are able to go directly into lounge (I am unsure if the setup is exactly the same for business in terms of direct access to AM lounge after passport control). This setup is only for QR and no other airlines allowed.

I am sure there are many photos/videos but I found one that details what I am talking about by googling "qatar first business check in doha" and the first review that pops up is from thepointsguy and has some good photos of the check-in and direct lounge entrance.

Last edited by BOStonTravels; Dec 29, 2018 at 9:37 am
Old Dec 29, 2018, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Sounds like we are talking two different things. Flying QR First departing DOH it is like a separate terminal experience, you access the Al Safwa lounge after passport control and are able to go directly into lounge (I am unsure if the setup is exactly the same for business in terms of direct access to AM lounge after passport control). This setup is only for QR and no other airlines allowed.
Using the DOH QR business class check-in, after passport control and security there is an escalator to go down to the main terminal floor, and from there one can walk to the Al Mourjan lounge or, if in QR First, the Al Safwa lounge. I have flown QR First and used the Al Safwa lounge, but I stayed at the airside transit hotel and so didn't use the first class check-in. I do stay in Doha city fairly often, but have always flown out in business class. (I did try once to access the first class check-in as a OneWorld Emerald, but was told that in DOH it is only for those flying in QR first.)

At any rate, @bdhaliwa didn't say if he or she is flying in first or business.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:29 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
Originally Posted by makrom
Generally visa rules are based on citizenship, not residency. Are you from a country that qualifies for visa on arrival?
As it is, Qatar is one of the most liberal Arab countries in regards of visa regulations, but they still have restrictions for many countries and unfortunately this doesn't mean that they don't decline visa for non-obvious reasons sometime.
As for having to pay extra, I assume you rebooked to earlier flights so you don't have to spend all that time at the airport? Very understandable, but you could have just waited for your original flight, so you didn't really "have" to spend that money.
I think your warning is valid though, if one doesn't qualify for visa free entry, it's always appropriate to consider the possibility of getting visa declined.
Unfortunately, I am not from a country which qualifies for Visa on Arrival at Doha. Hence, my rant about getting a visa. Yes, I did change to an earlier flight with QR. Spending 13 hours at an airport is not an ideal experience.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:21 am

I wanted to book a Hotel room, but today there seems to be no room available anymore. Yesterday I saw at least six different hotels. Also on other days it says "Sorry. We have been unable to find any rooms to match your search."

https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar
Old Jan 23, 2019, 7:33 am

Same problem. Must be a QR IT issue.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:36 am

Any chance that the +Qatar offer will be extended for bookings after 31 January 2019? When they usually notify the extension?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.