Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Matt4
I had a confirmed booking at Hilton and they sent me to Retaj instead. When I arrived I just discovered it’s an old and not well maintained 4* hotel when I was supposed to stay the 5* Hilton instead. I was traveling on QR award ticket in business class. Very disappointing...
You were quite badly served by the programme, and I hope you let them know what you thought about the switch.

I guess "old" is difficult concept in West Bay Doha Though shabbiness comes quickly if property managers are not on the ball.

Doha is a place where it pays to stick to large international chains, unless you know what you are getting into. There simply isn't the tourism demand we see in Dubai. There are some perfectly nice places, stand-alone or in obscure chains, and others that offer value in a sort of utilitarian way. And there's a splash or two of unchained luxury. But it's a risky business, going off-piste!
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:06 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Matt4
I had a confirmed booking at Hilton and they sent me to Retaj instead.
Had you booked via the Qatar+ program? Was it the Hilton who sent you elsewhere when you arrived, or were you sent elsewhere before leaving DOH? Did anyone explain why you were being redirected?
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
Hi, dose anyone know how much an Uber would cost from the Airport to Marriott Marquis City Center? Thanks
Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:57 am

Programs: Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
Hi, dose anyone know how much an Uber would cost from the Airport to Marriott Marquis City Center? Thanks
Stayed there about 3 months ago on a stopover, Uber was QAR45.71 from MMCC to the airport, so it will be thereabouts in reverse.

Often find it easier to just grab a taxi at the airport as they are all waiting in a queue and pretty cheap/reliable/clean.
BlackSkyuk likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by souledge_za
Stayed there about 3 months ago on a stopover, Uber was QAR45.71 from MMCC to the airport, so it will be thereabouts in reverse.

Often find it easier to just grab a taxi at the airport as they are all waiting in a queue and pretty cheap/reliable/clean.
Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlackSkyuk
It's a route I Uber quite a lot. Around OMR40-ish, give or take 10%. Traffic can be heavy and the route for the final bit into West Bay//City Centre can shift.
Taxi is more convenient from the airport, but will be more expensive because of the airport surcharge.
BlackSkyuk likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:56 am

Just to update, you still have to check in cases all the way to final destination even if you have a 20 hours transit like me. I know from reading this thread, had two people in front of me at check in who did not know.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA
this must have been asked before but a quick search on "points" or "earn" doesn't reveal anything. Do you earn points on these stays? Free ones and the second one for 100USD? Is there a breakfast benefit for these hotels? Are elite benefits honored?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sony2012
this must have been asked before but a quick search on "points" or "earn" doesn't reveal anything. Do you earn points on these stays? Free ones and the second one for 100USD? Is there a breakfast benefit for these hotels? Are elite benefits honored?
Point credits are unlikely, as I believe most, if not all, hotel programmes require bookings to be made through the chains' reservation systems.

As for benefits, that will depend on your status, the programme rules and how these are interpreted by the hotel. But my experience suggests you should be OK.
sony2012 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
points no, benefits yes, upgrade, breakfast, club (spg plat/ Westin). but I emailed them my spg number ahead of time.
sony2012 likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:08 am
R2

Up to four nights free at Ritz-Carlton

Book by 2 December 2018 for travel until 31 March 2019. Number of free nights depends on your booking class.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-fi/o...cid=EMFI175650
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by R2
Book by 2 December 2018 for travel until 31 March 2019. Number of free nights depends on your booking class.

https://www.qatarairways.com/en-fi/o...cid=EMFI175650

Offer is valid on confirmed Qatar Airways return tickets to Doha, where Doha is the Point to Point destination (example: London-Doha-London)

There's often a degree of ambiguity in the T&C meant to define QR offers: but this looks as though the stay is intended only for those heading for Doha, rather than for passengers stopping off on their way elsewhere.

Of course, this is QR, and it seems a bizarre offer, so there may be other interpretations...
Old Nov 13, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
it's only The Ritz-Carlton Doha, and only doha return tickets
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by souledge_za
I typically have the hotel arrange a car from the airport, and use Uber back. I haven't taken a taxi in Doha because I understand they do not accept credit cards, and I never have Qatar currency.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Silver
I had a bad experience with getting a visa.
What one needs to remember is that Arabs are racist. If you are a citizen of a poor country, they WILL refuse your visa with no explanations provided. It does not matter if you live in the West and are financially better off.

I booked flights with a very long transit so that I could tour Doha. After the visas were refused, I have had to fork out extra to change my flights.

I would advise anyone who is a citizen of a poor country NOT to even bother applying for a transit visa. NO IFs or BUTs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.