Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Booked AA award ticket in J on QR. I don't think I could use this program for a paid/discounted hotel right?
You need a 157-issued e-ticket. AA usually issues only 001-tickets.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:59 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by Passportinonehand
Thanks for the info! Just managed to book a room at the Westin even though my layover is only 9h45mins. Fingers crossed.
Would be very interested to know if it works out and you are allowed to check in. Thinking of trying this myself. Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
two eyelids were batted when i checked in with two people on a one pax reservation at Souq Al Wakra Hotel in Dez.
He showed me the reservation was only for one .. (while at booking, the price was certainly the same for single or double occupancy)
nevertheless I used my most innocent smile and explained I must have an honest mistake.
He smiled and checked us in.
so, be careful out there from now on ....
The Souk hotels have rooms with single beds (or mini doubles at best) so another reason to be careful!

Originally Posted by kq747
Would be very interested to know if it works out and you are allowed to check in. Thinking of trying this myself. Thanks!
Checking in is not the issue.. when QR validate the booking and check it against the e-ticket the booking will likely then be cancelled.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Checking in is not the issue.. when QR validate the booking and check it against the e-ticket the booking will likely then be cancelled.
So when would you find out about the cancellation?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by kq747
So when would you find out about the cancellation?
Usually they validate a few weeks after booking. Note if they validate and find the booking does not meet the terms they will cancel the reservation and keep the money, as per the terms.
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Usually they validate a few weeks after booking. Note if they validate and find the booking does not meet the terms they will cancel the reservation and keep the money, as per the terms.
Sorry to be a pest with the questions, but I make the reservation less than a week before my intended stay, any chance it will not be validated?
Old Jan 15, 2020, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
You need a 157-issued e-ticket. AA usually issues only 001-tickets.
Correct - I was able to book on an AA award ticket in the past but the reservation I made last week was canceled and I received an email from QR that the booking was canceled.

Last edited by erik123; Jan 18, 2020 at 1:55 pm
Old Jan 15, 2020, 8:33 pm

Programs: qff
I have a J redemption booked using QF points.

On the manage my booking page of QR, it invited me to book a stop over hotel.

I was able to complete the booking for QAR104 even though my ticket does not start with 157....

Has anyone had success with this I am wondering?
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: MPC Silver
Hey all,

Traveling mid-March. Party of 3 pax in J, with a 17 hour layover from 14:40 - 8:00 (the next day). Planning to book at the Marriott Marquis hotel, in part because of its apparent near location to the metro.

Just have a couple of questions:

1. The FAQ states that the room "can only fit two adults and one child. If passengers arrive with an additional adult, they can request an extra bed for a fee." Since we will be 3 people, would it make sense to book one room + extra bed, or simply just book 2 rooms?

2. We'll primarily use the metro to go around the main sights. Are there other 5 star-rated Stopover hotels easily accessible by the metro?

Thanks all.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:49 pm

Delete

Last edited by flynz; Jan 16, 2020 at 11:50 pm Reason: Erro4
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:31 am

Programs: Baec
Originally Posted by Keyes
Hey all,

Traveling mid-March. Party of 3 pax in J, with a 17 hour layover from 14:40 - 8:00 (the next day). Planning to book at the Marriott Marquis hotel, in part because of its apparent near location to the metro.

Just have a couple of questions:

1. The FAQ states that the room "can only fit two adults and one child. If passengers arrive with an additional adult, they can request an extra bed for a fee." Since we will be 3 people, would it make sense to book one room + extra bed, or simply just book 2 rooms?

2. We'll primarily use the metro to go around the main sights. Are there other 5 star-rated Stopover hotels easily accessible by the metro?

Thanks all.
For easy metro access Oryx Rotana is definitely close to one and only a couple of stops from the airport.

There's a metro station at Souq Waqif so the Boutique hotels in the area.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:22 pm

You sneezed and you lose. Well not actually but I wait to book my stopover hotel at Westin but now it is not available on my date.
Will it come back to inventory again? Look like the hotel still has basic room available.

On a side, have people gotten stay credit for Marriott's Bonvoy for the stopover stay before?
Old Jan 19, 2020, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0

On a side, have people gotten stay credit for Marriott's Bonvoy for the stopover stay before?
Nope, and have used the Westin twice on this programme. Was upgraded though.

Originally Posted by Cessna 180
I have a J redemption booked using QF points.

On the manage my booking page of QR, it invited me to book a stop over hotel.

I was able to complete the booking for QAR104 even though my ticket does not start with 157....

Has anyone had success with this I am wondering?
Your booking is likely to be cancelled over the next several weeks when validated and the payment forfeited, unfortunately.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 12:35 pm

I booked with QR from ARN to SYD and was issued a ticket with a 157 ticket number last summer for travel this Feb, once they started to offer the cheap stopover deals again last Dec, I booked the Marriot Marquis hotel for a 1 night stay, using my 157 ticket number.

With all the bush fires ect going on in Australia, I decided to change my plans and am now going to Thailand, I called QR to change my ticket which they did without any issues.

I have just noticed that I have a new 157 ticket number.

So my questions are, will I still be able to check in to the Marriot on my booked day or is there a chance the booking will be canceled? and will I be able to book another hotel on my return with my new ticket number?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:25 pm

Programs: MPC Silver
In the same situation here as #1062 --would there be additional rooms be made available? Planned trip is a couple of months away (March).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.