Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by dsf
For my trip last week I chose the dates as I would a regular reservation, i.e. 10th arrival, 11th departure - despite my OSL-DOH leg landing at 0100 on the 11th. Had no problems, my hotel booking was exactly as requested (including 4pm checkout).
As noted upthread in more than one post, the post-booking review is manual and spotty. Sometimes a booking that does not exactly match the flight arrival is fine, but other times it will be cancelled some days after being made. Once cancelled, you are in a Catch-22 because bookings cannot be changed so you can't fix it, and the e-ticket you used to make the booking is marked as used and can't be used for a new booking. It is possible to resolve the situation by writing to a special desk at Qatar and asking them to create a special e-ticket that can be used for a new booking, but it is a lot of hassle, all of which can be avoided if you simply create the booking per the explicit instructions on the Qatar+ web site and as repeatedly mentioned in this thread: to exactly match your flight arrival. It's your choice to ignore the explicit instructions and the advice and experience reported here. Doing so may be perfectly fine and everything may go well, but there is risk for zero benefit.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by poppyz
Anyone any idea if this is getting extended past 31st December?
I doubt anyone here knows either way, but I'd be willing to place a (small) wager that it will be extended, perhaps for six months initially. My guess is that the program will continue while the embargo remains in place. But this is of course just my guess.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by dsf
For my trip last week I chose the dates as I would a regular reservation, i.e. 10th arrival, 11th departure - despite my OSL-DOH leg landing at 0100 on the 11th. Had no problems, my hotel booking was exactly as requested (including 4pm checkout).
I presume the hotels are pretty flexible on check out times for stopover passengers who arrive after midnight or early morning. My flight is also due to arrive at around 1.30am – and would ideally like to have the room until 4pm that afternoon before returning to the airport for my onward flight (rather than checking out at 12 noon as standard). I am planning to stay at the Oryx Rotana.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by MARTYM8
I presume the hotels are pretty flexible on check out times for stopover passengers who arrive after midnight or early morning. My flight is also due to arrive at around 1.30am – and would ideally like to have the room until 4pm that afternoon before returning to the airport for my onward flight (rather than checking out at 12 noon as standard). I am planning to stay at the Oryx Rotana.
Yes, they are. The Oryx Rotana seems to always be flexible on that account, and I believe all booking made through the Qatar+ program are on a 24-hour basis, so if you arrive at 2:00 am, you should have until 2:00 am the following day.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 6:04 pm

Programs: qr
My experience last November when I did this programme and stayed at Fraser suites in the city was I arrived at 11 pm and did not leave the hotel until after midnight the following day thus having almost a 26 hour stopover free of charge
Old Oct 20, 2018, 3:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Is this offer also available for a one-way multi-city itinerary?
e.g.
1. GYD-DOH
2. DOH-CDG
Old Oct 20, 2018, 4:23 am

warakorn if it is one reservation (PNR) then you should qualify. Separate PNRs will not qualify.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 5:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
yes, one PNR.
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
warakorn if it is one reservation (PNR) then you should qualify. Separate PNRs will not qualify.
Technically, the flights to and from DOH need to be on one e-ticket. If they are in separate PNRs then they will also be on separate tickets in almost all cases. If they are in the same PNR and it's a simple booking then they will typically be on one ticket, but for more complex bookings there may be multiple tickets issued from the same PNR. If there are multiple passengers, then each passenger is on his or her own ticket, which can be helpful when you want to book both directions of a round-trip.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by anabolism
As noted upthread in more than one post, the post-booking review is manual and spotty. Sometimes a booking that does not exactly match the flight arrival is fine, but other times it will be cancelled some days after being made. Once cancelled, you are in a Catch-22 because bookings cannot be changed so you can't fix it, and the e-ticket you used to make the booking is marked as used and can't be used for a new booking. It is possible to resolve the situation by writing to a special desk at Qatar and asking them to create a special e-ticket that can be used for a new booking, but it is a lot of hassle, all of which can be avoided if you simply create the booking per the explicit instructions on the Qatar+ web site and as repeatedly mentioned in this thread: to exactly match your flight arrival. It's your choice to ignore the explicit instructions and the advice and experience reported here. Doing so may be perfectly fine and everything may go well, but there is risk for zero benefit.
If your flight arrives after midnight - but only prior to 2am - the booking process allows you to specify a next day arrival time. So you can book for a Wednesday to Thursday overnight booking and if your flight arrives at 1.30am on the Thursday you can select 1am to 2am next day arrival time. I think that is why it worked for dsf - as his flight arrived at 1am.

If however your flight arrived after 2am it wouldn't work and you would definitely need to select a Thursday to Friday stay.

From the point of view of the hotel of course an arrival at 1am means you are staying overnight from the Wednesday to Thursday - and that is how you would book the hotel if not on the stopover programme. So there is potential for confusion.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:41 am

-----

Last edited by mster; Apr 25, 2019 at 8:36 am
Old Oct 29, 2018, 2:17 am

Id stay at Souq Waqif- near to the places that you want to see
mster and FlyingScientist like this.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by mster
Considering the Westin, Marriott Marquis, Hilton, Intercontinental and Souq Waqif for my first +Qatar stay (18 hour layover). Currently Marriott Plat / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire.

My only goals are to see the Museum of Islamic Art and get a bite to eat, but I wouldn't mind a hotel that honored elite benefits in the form of an upgrade or lounge access.

Which of these hotels seems the best bet?

EDIT: Current mental ranking is (1) Marriott Marquis, (2) Souq Waqif, (3) Hilton, (4) Intercontinental.
I've stayed at the Hilton a number of times, and have always been upgraded as a Diamond to a nice large room with view of the water and a balcony, and a huge bathroom, and of course have lounge access and my choice of breakfast in the restaurant or lounge. I've not stayed at the other properties you list, so I can't compare them.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
I had a confirmed booking at Hilton and they sent me to Retaj instead. When I arrived I just discovered it’s an old and not well maintained 4* hotel when I was supposed to stay the 5* Hilton instead. I was traveling on QR award ticket in business class. Very disappointing...
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:59 pm

Souq Waqif for location and atmosphere (if you appreciate something that differs from International Hotel in Anytown).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.