Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Old May 5, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: AA PPro
I had two layovers and just books the Ritz for one date because when I checked the other date, there was only one hotel available for booking...So I would book as soon as you can because there does seem to be limited availability.
Old May 5, 2017, 9:58 am

tfizzle are they on separate reservations? Please let us know as soon as possible because if not there is a major error in the IT system!
Old May 5, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by steviewire
From a brief look at the +Qatar offers, the Ultimate offer of $50 for 2 night stay in a 4 or 5* hotel looks particularly good especially if there is no requirement on cabin class. So if reading correctly an economy traveller can therefore book a 5* with this offer.
yea, this is what i thought also...
Old May 5, 2017, 10:51 am

Programs: AA PPro
Same reservation... I'm through DOH in both directions to and from SIN from LAX.
Old May 5, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by hkgg
yea, this is what i thought also...
I might just have to purchase a cheap economy another flight to test the deal out
Old May 5, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by Giorgiok86
Hi guys, make sure you read the full terms and conditions of the offer..There are some blackout dates. The first Eid starts end of May for a month and the second Eid from 1-5 September approx.
  • Blackout dates (stay not allowed): Eid Al Fitr & Eid Al Adha: during Eid days, plus 5 days before and after Eid days. (Public Eid holidays announced by the Qatar government will be considered as Eid days.) Additional blackout dates may apply.
Giorgiok86 surely the days of Ramadan 27 May to 25 June are not Eid days? Eid starts 25 June. This is what https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/qatar/ states.

Since Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr are so closely connected it is very confusing. I know I am.
Old May 5, 2017, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
Giorgiok86 surely the days of Ramadan 27 May to 25 June are not Eid days? Eid starts 25 June. This is what https://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/qatar/ states.

Since Ramadan and Eid Al Fitr are so closely connected it is very confusing. I know I am.
If i'm not mistaken, the first Eid signifies the ending of Ramadan, so it would be late june (based on the date you gave for ramadan). So the first Eid would not be the whole of the month of june.

But perhaps somebody who is more informed about muslim traditions could shed some light on this...
Old May 5, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Ritz Carlton Sharq Village

Managed to get a free night at the Sharq Village on our return. We had already booked our ticket with the fare sale back earlier this year. Got a free night July 20. Very easy process. Funny though...cost is zero, no credit card used, but there is a 'no cancellation' policy? Find that kind of humorous. If you no-show, will they cancel your outbound leg?
Old May 5, 2017, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by remdk

Sorry my mistake, I was sleepy when I wrote this. So 5 days before and after the 1st and 2nd Eid... should mean approx 20th-30th June and 28th Aug - 8th Sep as blackout dates if I understand this correctly.
Old May 5, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by hkgg
If i'm not mistaken, the first Eid signifies the ending of Ramadan, so it would be late june (based on the date you gave for ramadan). So the first Eid would not be the whole of the month of june.

But perhaps somebody who is more informed about muslim traditions could shed some light on this...
Yes, the first Eid comes at the end of Ramadan and will start on June 25 or June 26. It depends if the moon is sighted (not necessarily the same day in every GCC country). The Eid holiday in Qatar was 11 days long last year, not a month.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
The official dates for Eid holidays (as per the terms and conditions for this offer) are also the official Qatar government holiday days

The offer states that blackout days include the 5 days prior and after the Eid days. Therefore the blackout dates are:

15th June - July 8th
22nd August - 10th September
Old May 7, 2017, 2:16 am

Programs: OZ Diamond Plus, Marriott Gold
I am applying for the travel visa for this and it's asking me to submit Observation and Endorsement pages from my US passport. I have no idea what the observation page is. Any help?
Old May 7, 2017, 4:16 am

Originally Posted by SightseeMC
I am applying for the travel visa for this and it's asking me to submit Observation and Endorsement pages from my US passport. I have no idea what the observation page is. Any help?
SightseeMC All passports have sections for Observations and endorsements, often combined. It depends upon the passport issuer where they are in the passport. Some times associated with the identification page sometimes very near the back but they can be anywhere in a passport. It is very seldom that they are used but when used they are important. There can be all sorts of information ranging from 'passport holder is not permitted to enter Fictionanium' to ¨Passport holders left head is larger then the right head¨

Have a good lok through your passport and you will eventually find the page!
Old May 7, 2017, 5:18 am

We need some clarification here!

The official dates for Eid Al Fitr in Qatar are 26-28 June so the QR blackout dates will be 21 June-2 July.
The official dates for Eid Al Adha in Qatar are 1-3 September so the QR blackout dates will be 27 August-8 Septmber.

Remember that these dates may vary by one day due to the sighting of the new moon.

The above are the officially announced Eid holiday dates. These are the dates that are valid today and should there be announced additional public holidats in connection with either Eid then the black out dates will be correspondingly adjusted from the date of announcement.
Old May 7, 2017, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA
So the $50 two night stay (ultimate package) is not that clear in relation to cabin class and eligibility to select either 4 or 5* accommodation. Would there be anything stopping me booking 2 x 2 night stopovers at either end of a trip? That would mean applying for the free 96 hour visa twice. Or would that cause issues?
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.