Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Do they allow you to check in early? I'm arriving from JFK at around 6am and received my confirmation for The Westin, I was hoping I don't have to wait til 2-3pm just to check in.
I notified the Westin of a 6am arrival, and staying until 7pm and they were OK when I double-checked via email last week.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Do they allow you to check in early? I'm arriving from JFK at around 6am and received my confirmation for The Westin, I was hoping I don't have to wait til 2-3pm just to check in.
I stayed at the Westin a couple of weeks ago and checked-in at 6am and then checked out around 10pm. I am SPG Gold but I don't think that made much difference.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by Brighterside
Glad to hear that the Westin is nice - staying there soon on the +Qatar offer and I also enquired direct with the hotel about paying for an upgraded Club Pool View room and it was QR280 which I think is a good deal as it includes breakfast and evening canapes and drinks.
Sounds like a good deal to me and in hindsight I should have done the same. We spent not far off that on a pizza, chicken sandwich and 2 drinks.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by wheatbeer
Sounds like a good deal to me and in hindsight I should have done the same. We spent not far off that on a pizza, chicken sandwich and 2 drinks.
Reference point for my trip next week, I have been offered 200QR for Club room - City View, 270QR for Club room - Pool view.

For breakfast and a late afternoon tea with some drinks throughout the day well worth the cost I think !
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
Originally Posted by Sprodo
Reference point for my trip next week, I have been offered 200QR for Club room - City View, 270QR for Club room - Pool view.

For breakfast and a late afternoon tea with some drinks throughout the day well worth the cost I think !
That is great value indeed !
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:01 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Just booked the Marriott Marquis for a layover of 18 hours in Doha in April. Followed the steps in booking +Qatar and got a confirmation email. Thanks guys for all the tips
stewaran likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by remdk
iluvdoco https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC says "Offer is valid for Qatar Airways tickets with transit in Doha", "Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only" and ".Qatar Airways E-ticket number is required to be entered at the payment page. Maximum of one booking is allowed per E-ticket number."!
So no it has not happened!
Thanks remdk. Are you saying that QR flights booked with AA miles will not have Qatar Airways E-ticket numbers and ticket numbers will not have a 157 prefix?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Thanks remdk. Are you saying that QR flights booked with AA miles will not have Qatar Airways E-ticket numbers and ticket numbers will not have a 157 prefix?
I'm afraid that's correct.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Are you saying that QR flights booked with AA miles will not have Qatar Airways E-ticket numbers and ticket numbers will not have a 157 prefix?
All tickets booked with AA miles are issued by AA and have AA ticket numbers (the ticket number starts with 001).
Old Jan 12, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
All tickets booked with AA miles are issued by AA and have AA ticket numbers (the ticket number starts with 001).
Thanks for the explanation!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Brighterside
Glad to hear that the Westin is nice - staying there soon on the +Qatar offer and I also enquired direct with the hotel about paying for an upgraded Club Pool View room and it was QR270 which I think is a good deal as it includes breakfast and evening canapes and drinks.

Edited to read QR270 for Club - King Pool VIew not QR280 as originally published. Definitely good value.
Another update - arrived at Westin and was expected they asked for a copy of passports(naturally), a copy of our confirmation and they also took copies of our boarding passes. I had no problem over the upgrade to Club room and used credit card for payment and with my SPG number in booking also get discounts on food and beverages. Used the Club Lounge for an hour tonight (delayed arrival of QR180 meant we were more than two hours late) and staff friendly and helpful. Food offering excluding canapes doesn't finish at 8pm but hot food remains for about another hour and cold food such as salads even longer. Limited range of drinks but to be honest more than adequate unless you are really fussy.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:41 am

Has anyone here added one of the available tours? I'm considering the Half Day Desert Safari or the Doha City Tour Meal Inclusive. Flight arrives at 1301, so that should be OK for the 1600 safari tour.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 4:03 am

Programs: AMEX PP;BAEC Bronze;Tesco CC Preferred;
I would appreciate some advice.

We are booked ARN-DOH-AKL and return in Business Class (R).
On the return flight we have a 16 hr 15 min stopover and I have successfully booked a room at the Westin via the Qatar + scheme (and upgraded to a Club Room City View as SPG Gold for an extra 100QR).

However, on the outbound flight we have a stopover of 10 hrs 25 mins. There is no earlier connection to AKL but the transit time is below the 12 hour minimum for the Qatar+ scheme.
I have read the guidance here:
The QR STPC (stopover) policy?
....but is has not been updated since May 17.
Key criteria seem to be at least 8 hours transit time (^) and a higher booking class that N (?).

Questions.
a. Outbound, is there any way we would be eligible for accommodation etc. under the STPC scheme, or are we on our own for that transit?
b. If we are eligible, how do we best book it - I have been trying to contact Qatar via the London 03300 240125 reservations number but give up holding after 20 minutes.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:00 am

Charlie Whiskey welcome to the QR forum.

It is difficult to give an exact answer since there are three different deprture times for ARN-DOH. They are not all daily so a precise date is required to give a definite answer.
At the moment (January) you appear to qualify for STPC departing ARN Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday. This may change when new schedules are changed. The summer timetable starts late March.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: AY Platinum; TK Elite+; MR Titanium; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Charlie Whiskey
b. If we are eligible, how do we best book it - I have been trying to contact Qatar via the London 03300 240125 reservations number but give up holding after 20 minutes...
Call any other Qatar office (since your itinerary starts in ARN, the Stockholm office should be a good bet, although all should be able to assist you).
The only way to book an STPC is via one of their offices and they should know if you are eligible or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.