Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by temppa
I was able to check in to Marquis at 7am, and was given late check out till 6pm last week. I'm only a Marriot Silver.
Thanks temppa.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 10:10 am

I tried to call the Qatar Airways Hotline, and ask more about the free stopover and hotel program, and the representative told me that there will be a festive holiday in December, but the date of the holiday has not been announced yet, and the government will only announce the exact date of the holiday around 2 weeks before the holiday. If we booked the free hotel during the holiday period, there is a chance that they will not provide the free hotel, even it has been confirmed, as this will be a blackout date.

Anyone knows will there be a risk that the confirmed hotel will be taken away because of this holiday?

Also, if I got a long layover in Doha on both way, will I entitle to 2 nights of hotel, or I can just enjoy it in one way?
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:14 pm

ctb213ctb213 you give no dates for your travels so please remember "Travel validity: 7 May to 31 December 2017. All travel must be completed by 31 December 2017." This is stated on https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC.
This webpage also includes the following rules:
- "Maximum of one booking is allowed per E-ticket number."
- "23 - 25, 30 - 31 December. (Public Eid holidays announced by the Qatar government will be considered as Eid days.) Additional blackout dates may apply."
- "A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer."

So I am afraid that there are negative answers to your questions. However the rules appear to be very liberally interpreted by +Qatar staff so you mey get lucky.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 2:54 pm

Would appreciate some help with an issue I've come across, as the Qatar customer service hasn't been helpful in this situation.

I am flying outbound from IAD -> ATQ on 12/17/2017, and I qualify for STPC, so I will be taking advantage of it as they provide meals during your stay.

On my return journey ATQ -> on December 31, 2017, I do not qualify for STPC my ticket is in the Q class, so I am attempting to book +Qatar, but receive the following error:

"Sorry
We have been unable to find any rooms to match your search. This could be down to the number of results we had to look through for your search. Please try to narrow your search down by choosing from a resort listed below."

Anyone have any idea why I am not able to book with +Qatar for the 31st?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by ksing11
Would appreciate some help with an issue I've come across, as the Qatar customer service hasn't been helpful in this situation.

I am flying outbound from IAD -> ATQ on 12/17/2017, and I qualify for STPC, so I will be taking advantage of it as they provide meals during your stay.

On my return journey ATQ -> on December 31, 2017, I do not qualify for STPC my ticket is in the Q class, so I am attempting to book +Qatar, but receive the following error:

"Sorry
We have been unable to find any rooms to match your search. This could be down to the number of results we had to look through for your search. Please try to narrow your search down by choosing from a resort listed below."

Anyone have any idea why I am not able to book with +Qatar for the 31st?
30th-31st Dec are blackout days and also all travel must be completed by 31st Dec.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by wheatbeer
30th-31st Dec are blackout days and also all travel must be completed by 31st Dec.
Thank you! Will have to book a hotel elsewhere then.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I stayed on the stopover in July at the Sharq which I really enjoyed. Now we'll have a second stopover on the current promotion but obviously, the hotel choices are more limited compared to the summer. On our date, they include (for those I hesitate between) the Westin, the Marriott, the Intercontinental, and the Souq Waqif. I was wondering if any of you would make recommendations.

Of the three 'modern' ones, it seems that the Westin has the most modern and largest rooms but is a bit half of the way? We have SPG Gold cards so good for free internet etc but little chance of more. We also have Marriott Gold cards and Marriott often seems keener on upgrades at check in even on non eligible fares but the hotel looks slightly less nice compared to the Westin or is that just an illusion?

The Souq Waqif is the one that puzzles and intrigues me most. It seems to have more cachet and be more Arabic in style, and since I liked the Sharq I could be tempted to give it a go, but I'm puzzled about the multiple buildings. In fact, when wanting to select it, you can choose three different types of 'deluxe rooms' with the exact same description, which I assume might be corresponding to different buildings? But if so, how do we know which is which? Are some buildings even clearly nicer than others? Rooftop restaurants and courtyard pools look charming but I don't really know what to make of it.

Anyway, any recommendation would be most appreciated! Note that our stopover is about 15 hours but mostly daytime.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 5:30 pm

Hello everyone,

Im back wıth another sets of questıons.
ı have 15 hours layover goıng out and 2 days layover for return.
Your ınsıghts greatly apprecıated.

1) one nıght - should ı stay at marrıot marquıs or westın

2) 2 nıghts - should ı stay at westın or marquıs?

3) what ıs the approxımate taxı cost for aırport to westın?

4) what ıs the approxımate cost from westın to aırport ?

5) what ıs the approx cost from aırport to marquıs?

6) what ıs the approx cost from marquıs to aırport?

My ınterests are coffee/tea / pasterıes.and local restaurants.

* ı have gold status wıth both hotel programs.

Thank you all.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Smurfettepharoh
Hello everyone,

Thank you all.
Westin is the newer, therefore nicer hotel. Marquis is in a good location. Its linked to the City Center mall which is also connected to the Shangri La and Rotana hotels.
Maybe for one night I would say Westin as you wouldn't have much time to go too far. It is nearer to the Souq (not that the Marquis is that far away from it either).
For two night probably choose the Marquis. You will have a huge choice of food from the three hotels as well as in the mall. Plus short rides to the pearl and not too far from other attractions such as the Souq, Corniche, MIA etc which you will have enough time to visit if you are staying for two nights.

Taxis from the airport start at QR25. So maybe around QR50 in total. Going to the airport less because you don't get the QR25 flag fall starting fair.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:07 am

Originally Posted by Smurfettepharoh
Hello everyone,

Thank you all.
I was in a similar situation and booked Marriott Marquis for the longer layover as you get lounge access and breakfast with Marriott Gold but not at the Westin with SPG Gold.

You can use Uber fare estimator on their website to get an idea of transport costs. WestIn is 31-42 QAR and Marriott Marquis is 34-45 QAR.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 12:08 pm

hello folks.

Im back wıth another set of questıons.
apparently for my travel dates, westin & marquis are no longer available.

1) one nıght - should ı stay at souq wafiq or intercontinental.

2) 2 nıghts - should ı stay at souq wadiq or intercontinental.

3) what ıs the approxımate taxı cost for aırport to souq?

4) what ıs the approxımate cost from souq to aırport ?

5) what ıs the approx cost from aırport to intercontinental?

6) what ıs the approx cost from intercontinental to aırport?

Thank you all.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
The Souq Waqif is the one that puzzles and intrigues me most. It seems to have more cachet and be more Arabic in style, and since I liked the Sharq I could be tempted to give it a go, but I'm puzzled about the multiple buildings. In fact, when wanting to select it, you can choose three different types of 'deluxe rooms' with the exact same description, which I assume might be corresponding to different buildings? But if so, how do we know which is which? Are some buildings even clearly nicer than others? Rooftop restaurants and courtyard pools look charming but I don't really know what to make of it.
I am a fan of the Souq Waqif because of the style and the location. The spread over various locations is indeed confusing. If the pool is important to you, it is located in the Al-Mirqab hotel, which is also the largest. However, the rooms facing the main street can be affected by noise. In contrast, I once had a room at the Al-Bidda hotel, which was the quietest hotel room I ever had. Those are the two properties that have a restaurant which is always open for buffet breakfast. You are free to choose regardless of in which property you stay. The Al-Najada hotel is very stylish (being three connected buildings with inner courtyards). If you have never tried Souq Waqif, I would recommend to give it a go. – You might like it... (but it depends on taste which is quite subjective)
Old Oct 13, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
I am a fan of the Souq Waqif because of the style and the location. The spread over various locations is indeed confusing. If the pool is important to you, it is located in the Al-Mirqab hotel, which is also the largest. However, the rooms facing the main street can be affected by noise. In contrast, I once had a room at the Al-Bidda hotel, which was the quietest hotel room I ever had. Those are the two properties that have a restaurant which is always open for buffet breakfast. You are free to choose regardless of in which property you stay. The Al-Najada hotel is very stylish (being three connected buildings with inner courtyards). If you have never tried Souq Waqif, I would recommend to give it a go. – You might like it... (but it depends on taste which is quite subjective)
thanks a lot! I think I’d like to give it a go then! How do you get about to choosing where you stay? Would you just write to the hotel separately? Room wise given the category is any better tha the others?? You make all sound nice though maybe stylish sounds patticularly nice?

also any thought on the Arumailah and Bismillah? They both look nice on paper but it’s really hard to get much info on the website!! Thanks again

Last edited by orbitmic; Oct 13, 2017 at 2:50 am
Old Oct 13, 2017, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
thanks a lot! I think I’d like to give it a go then! How do you get about to choosing where you stay? Would you just write to the hotel separately? Room wise given the category is any better tha the others?? You make all sound nice though maybe stylish sounds patticularly nice?

also any thought on the Arumailah and Bismillah? They both look nice on paper but it’s really hard to get much info on the website!! Thanks again
Well, it's further complicated by the fact that only select properties have rooms that fall into a specified room category (the Bismillah e.g. only has large suites). You could indeed get in touch to request a room in a property of your preference.

[see PM for further details]
Old Oct 13, 2017, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Well, it's further complicated by the fact that only select properties have rooms that fall into a specified room category (the Bismillah e.g. only has large suites). You could indeed get in touch to request a room in a property of your preference.

[see PM for further details]
Thanks for the PM!! Even more super-complicated by the fact that the room types listed in the brochure seem to differ from the ones they list on the website! http://www.minorhotels.com/en/tivoli...ouq-waqif-doha

I'm sort of wondering if some rooms might have been requalified at some point or if the website is just inaccurate (despite looking quite recent). Again thanks for the PM you sent, it helps a lot and I'll contact them directly to check which hotel I could get!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.