+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 4, 19, 1:53 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: escape4
Wiki Link
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

Old Sep 6, 17, 2:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, BA Gold, Travelers Century Club, Hertz President's Circle
The terms says "Sales validity 1st May to 31st August" and I bought my ticket earlier than that.

I tried booking, expecting it might check my ticket and reject me. The system obviously isn't as smart as that because I got a confirmed booking.

Has anyone else in similar circumstances completed their stay?

I have a refundable booking elsewhere - do I need to hang onto it?

I would guess that if the system doesn't see a problem now, there's no reason that should change when I arrive at the hotel.

Last edited by todderz; Sep 6, 17 at 3:20 am
Old Sep 6, 17, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by smit0847 View Post
- the updated Qatar+ terms and conditions say you can book it through a third party travel agent. My itinerary won't price properly through qr.com but prices easily through expedia (it's not a mistake fare just a complex multi city). Is it too risky you will miss out of the stopover option by booking through a third party? How do you book the hotel once you've booked your flights through a third party?
Should be OK as long as the ticket number starts with 157 (Qatar Airways stock). That should be OK with most third parties if it's an all-QR itinerary, but I'm guessing it's not guaranteed -- I don't know enough about that. I booked using FlexPerks points and it ticketed on 157 stock. When you book the hotel you have to enter your ticket number and it must start with 157.

- the removal of only allowing a free hotel night in one direction seems to have been removed - there are experiences of people booking a night in each direction? I'm travelling alone so only 1 etkt
I don't know about this.

- for my outbound stopover should I be booking the hotel for just night , just night 2 or both? If I arrive at the hotel at say 7am I assume if I've just booked night 1 I can check in immediately but even with late check out have to check out at say 3pm that day, and if I've only booked for night 2 they might let me check in at 7am but there's also a good chance they may say I can't check in until 2pm? Check with hotel First?
The hotels seem to keep to "normal" check-in and check-out times. I arrived at DOH at 6:30am but couldn't check in to my hotel until around 3pm, even though I indicated on the hotel booking that I'd be arriving around 8am. So I'd say only book the night you are actually staying, but be prepared to wait to check in.

I guess you could book the 2-night package to include the night before arrival if you want to be sure of being able to check in on arrival, but you should notify the hotel that you'll be arriving early the next morning instead of the night you booked.

Seth
Old Sep 8, 17, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by klausa View Post
Awesome!

Booked the InterContinental for my 10h25m layover instead of STPC on the way back, and the Westin for few hours after I have to check out from St Regis (3AM departure to AKL the day after).
An email I received from QR today says that the minimum transit time to take advantage of this offer is 12 hours. I'm not sure how that would pan out if you turn up at the hotel with a shorter connection...

Also to add, 157- tickets paid with miles are accepted for this offer. Flights must be on QR metal, codeshare flights are not applicable.
Old Sep 8, 17, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
An email I received from QR today says that the minimum transit time to take advantage of this offer is 12 hours. I'm not sure how that would pan out if you turn up at the hotel with a shorter connection...

Also to add, 157- tickets paid with miles are accepted for this offer. Flights must be on QR metal, codeshare flights are not applicable.
They seem to be VERY flexible with the T&Cs.

Theoretically only tickets booked after May 1 qualify, but this thread is full of folks who booked this with their Sake Fare and didn't have any problems.

I'm willing to risk that the <12h connection won't be a problem too. Worst case scenario I'll go back to the airport and try to nap in Al Mourjan.

There's also a mention of someone taking advantage of this on an even shorter layover: #235

Last edited by klausa; Sep 8, 17 at 9:22 am
Old Sep 8, 17, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
If you have a reservation with the hotel, then I imagine you'd be fine.
Old Sep 12, 17, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: GarudaMiles, Qatar Privilege Club, Miles&More
Have to say that I had a pleasant stay at the Shangri-La Doha last weekend, definitely a good option to stay in summer (access to mall, many restaurants,...). The deluxe rooms are massive!
Old Sep 12, 17, 12:01 pm

Thanks a lot, unable to get a free transit hotel because my connection is less than 8 hr by calling QR, but get free hotel booked in here.
Old Sep 12, 17, 12:37 pm

hello,

1) i also have an award ticket from AA.
can anyone share the experience with visa on arrival process?

2) also, I have elite marriot/spg gold and hilton gold,
I welcome suggestion which property with better lounge and access to mall and the grand market place.

Thank you,
Old Sep 13, 17, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
Thanks a lot, unable to get a free transit hotel because my connection is less than 8 hr by calling QR, but get free hotel booked in here.
Got an email from QR states my connection is less than 12 hours, reservation was cancelled.
Old Sep 13, 17, 11:35 am

Smurfettepharoh welcome to the QR forum.

The rules regarding visas have chenged dramatically recently.
If you are a citizen of one of the 80 countries listed on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...countries.html, and are travelling on a passport of that nationality, you no longer require a visa to enter Qatar. If you do not qualify for visa free access then I recommend that you look at and use https://www.qatarairways.com/en-dk/v...uirements.html because there are also
appears to be changes for other nationalities.
Calchas has posted a comprehensive listing of visa requirements that can be found on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28812112-post27.html.

Last edited by remdk; Sep 13, 17 at 2:43 pm Reason: New information available
Old Sep 14, 17, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Honors Gold
Does anyone know if a ticket with an inbound arriving to final destination on 01/01/2018 would qualify for a free hotel on the outbound? Anyone in this situation and has successfully booked one? Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 14, 17, 6:57 pm

Got an email from QR states my connection is less than 12 hours, reservation was cancelled.
How far out was your booking?
Old Sep 15, 17, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by klausa View Post
How far out was your booking?
In the end of October
Old Sep 15, 17, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
only need one-night hotel on a two-night stop-over..

I've made a zero-cost reservation for one night in Doha as I'll be staying at friend's on the first night. The QR reservation went through just fine, and i can see nothing in the T&C suggesting it shouldn't.

But this is QR.

Has anyone else used the single night offer on a longer stay ?
Old Sep 18, 17, 8:47 pm

Programs: QR - Gold, EY - Gold
Got similar experience. Tried my luck and book the hotel with 8+ layover, get confirmation right away and then got cancellation email the next day..hehe

Search this Thread