Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:44 am

zik013 If I remember correctly there are at least two such postings in this thread.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by zik013
any successful cases of people booking elsewhere and using the offer?
I booked a FlexPerks award ticket (2-leg multi-city, both QR metal, 2-day stopover in Doha) and was able to apply for a transit visa (using the PNR) and book a 2-night "Ultimate" stay (using the 157 ticket number) under this program.

For a moment the transit-visa page was saying my PNR was invalid, but I don't know if it was because the site wasn't working or because I had previously canceled out of the application and thus gotten locked out for a bit. But it worked a few hours later.

Seth
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:41 pm

I have 2 separate PNR for 3 passengers

and having 3 ticket numbers:

157-129*******
157-129*******
157-129*******

How can I book +Qatar hotel offer as "Confirm Details + Book" page is only asking for 1 ticket number. Please help. Which number should I enter?

Or should I book two different rooms on both PNRs
Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:43 pm

AbidSiddiqui welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum.

I assume that two passengers are on one PNR and one passenger on the second PNR.
How many rooms do you need to reserve?
If it is three single rooms then you need to apply three times, once for each ticket number.
If a double and a single then you need to apply twice once with a ticket number from the two person PNR, which number you use does not matter, and once for the single person PNR.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:12 am

On my date, Souq Waqif boutique Hotels or Intercontinental available... any recommendation?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 5:26 am

Successfully stayed at Sharq Village and Spa, during our layover from 6am to 2am next day. Booked as roundtrip ticket, not multicity.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Not a massive choice for the end of September....

Oryx Rotana Doha, Warwick Doha, The Westin Doha Hotel and Spa, Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Fraser Suites Doha, Souq Waqif boutique Hotels, W Doha Hotel and Residences, InterContinental Doha,The City

What would you recommend?

We would probably have two nights (second @ $50), but never been to Doha before.

Would probably like to eat locally rather than having all meals at the hotel - is breakfast pricey at these hotels, as they all appear to be room only?

Have Gold status with Marriott / SPG but doubt that will be of benefit (not sure on the chains for the others)

Mind you just looked at the price of the hotels and they are mostly around or under £100 per night - so one has to question the value of the offer anyway. I do accept that $50 is a quarter of this, but had the idea that this was a bargain as rates would be much higher.

Still open to suggestions however on the list above

Thanks!

Last edited by GentleGiant; Aug 7, 2017 at 1:57 pm
Old Aug 7, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: SQ AA TK
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Oryx Rotana Doha, Warwick Doha, The Westin Doha Hotel and Spa, Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, Fraser Suites Doha, Souq Waqif boutique Hotels, W Doha Hotel and Residences, InterContinental Doha,The City

We would probably have two nights (second @ $50), but never been to Doha before.

Would probably like to eat locally rather than having all meals at the hotel - is breakfast pricey at these hotels, as they all appear to be room only?

Have Gold status with Marriott / SPG but doubt that will be of benefit (not sure on the chains for the others)

Mind you just looked at the price of the hotels and they are mostly around or under £100 per night - so one has to question the value of the offer anyway. I do accept that $50 is a quarter of this, but had the idea that this was a bargain as rates would be much higher.

Thanks!
For my dates, the Westin was about 150GBP

I too have a similar selection. Have only been to the Oryx before. Wanted the Sharq but not available on my dates. Anyone knows if they will release more rooms closer to the dates? Travelling 10 Sept

I looked up some of the hotels and this is what I gathered.

Oryx = Been there on STPC. It's in the middle of nowhere, but generally pleasant.
Warwick = Looks like some of the more basic 5 star, small rooms in the middle of nowhere.
Westin = New, Nice and big room and pool but just surrounded by main roads, near Souq Waqif
Marriot Marq = Connected to the mall, but looked a little dated
Souq Waqif = Tiny rooms it seems
W/Int.C = Both are nice city hotels.
Hilton = Dated, beach resort.

Think I'll go for the Westin because I wanted a hotel with a nice Pool and rooms.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
My return CIA-DOH-MUC flight ticket number was used to secure a night at the Sharq. The ticket was changed to BEY and along with it my ticket number changed too. This did not seem to phase the receptionist at the Sharq. So, a great evening meal and drinks in Al Safwa followed by an evening at the Sharq and completed with eggs benny breakfast and champagne back at Al Safwa made for a pleasant 14 hours.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:32 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Managed to stay for a couple of hours at W Doha on 29th. 9h40min layover, not multi-city booking. Hotel just asked for my SPG number to be added to the reservation, no CC deposit. Very nice property.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Estratos
Managed to stay for a couple of hours at W Doha on 29th. 9h40min layover, not multi-city booking. Hotel just asked for my SPG number to be added to the reservation, no CC deposit. Very nice property.

Thanks for the report - which class of service were you in?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
Originally Posted by gooseman13
Thanks for the report - which class of service were you in?
Business. Got 2 more stays booked for the Sake fare (layovers over 12h this time). I assume that if you are able to book it using your e-ticket no. you should be fine. They do check it, as I made a mistake in my e-ticket no. and they contacted me (after a few weeks) to correct it.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
Plus Qatar Stay

I am a great fan of QR and go out of the way to fly them.. and have Platinum status with them. For years I did not have much interest in staying in Doha and the only time I left the airport was when a transit hotel was organized by QR mostly at Oryx Rotana: a nice hotel just to sleep for a few hours.
I decided to take advantage of the 2 nights offer and so far in a couple of months I have stayed at
Marriott Marquis City Centre (an absolutely wonderful stay)
Westin
ShangriLa
Ritz Carlton
I have written blogs about it, if you go to my blog and search DOHA, you will find them
www.medicoanthropologist.blogspot.com
I now have a new respect for all the people that make QATAR and a good understanding of the mindset of the people who sacrifice to come and work there, believe me, the Majority of them are happy to be in Qatar!
I support the State of Qatar during its current diplomatic crisis and one of my flights to Alexandria was changed to Larnaca (Beirut would have been better or even Amman, then could have just hopped over to Tel Aviv).
We no longer have to apply for a visa and everything is automated that, after booking just check out the hotel. I wish i had more time at Ritz Carlton or ShangriLa appeared another time. I enjoyed all the stays and my Gold status at Marriott was recognized and also at Westin . No charge for breakfast otherwise a whopping 130 QAR and not worth it. The Executive Lounge at Ritz Carlton is just gorgeous
I look forward to taking advantage of it next year. The sights of Qatar can be seen very quickly but the people who work there, have no great expectations and they do their best to make your stay a wonderful one.
The Govt of Cuba runs a hospital there (entirely staffed by Cubans from Cuba) so dont be surprised if you run into Cubans in Qatar. Cubans also do not need a visa to enter Qatar.
Wonderful Offer and I am grateful to QR and Qatar Tourism for this wonderful gift
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:40 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by GentleGiant

Thanks!
I stayed at the Marriott, (Sharq was not available). Hotel aesthetic is a bit dated but otherwise fine. It is connected to the mall so was useful in July heat when you cannot be outside for long. Has a pool and a nice fitness room. As MRR Gold, got free breakfast in restaurant. There is also an exec lounge but I did not visit so cannot comment on the spread.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:47 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by soy
I stayed at the Marriott, (Sharq was not available). Hotel aesthetic is a bit dated but otherwise fine. It is connected to the mall so was useful in July heat when you cannot be outside for long. Has a pool and a nice fitness room. As MRR Gold, got free breakfast in restaurant. There is also an exec lounge but I did not visit so cannot comment on the spread.
To be honest, I selected (and stayed at) the Sharq because of its' close proximity to the airport. The only wow factor at the hotel was the pool. However, the water was so hot it seemed like it would be gross to enter. The room was fine, nothing fab about it. In fact, if I had paid for the room, I would have been a bit underwhelmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.