Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: escape4
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My stay at the Sharq village has been excellent. Took an uber to come after brief stay at the arrivals lounge, arrived at 7am and given a nice room immediately. With my Marriott gold card, check in guy was even willing to give me a late check out and was sorry I have to leave early! Hotel is beautiful, I enjoyed the private beach in the early morning before the heat started. Food prices are crazy but rooms are tasteful and comfortable and this is a great break between long flights. A few middle eastern families on holiday with kids so swimming pool was very busy in late afternoon but that's the school holiday season.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
My stay at the Sharq village has been excellent. Took an uber to come after brief stay at the arrivals lounge, arrived at 7am and given a nice room immediately. With my Marriott gold card, check in guy was even willing to give me a late check out and was sorry I have to leave early! Hotel is beautiful, I enjoyed the private beach in the early morning before the heat started. Food prices are crazy but rooms are tasteful and comfortable and this is a great break between long flights. A few middle eastern families on holiday with kids so swimming pool was very busy in late afternoon but that's the school holiday season.
Great to hear this. I'm staying at the Sharq this weekend whilst in transit. What counts as a late check out? My flight isn't departing until 2am (about 24 hours after I arrive), so I was hopeful that I might be able to check out at about 9pm (without any Marriott status).

Separately, does anyone know if it's the case that QR approve the transit visa very close to departure? I submitted mine over 3 weeks ago, and it has shown "Application Verified" for well over 2 of those weeks. I'm flying on Friday.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Great to hear this. I'm staying at the Sharq this weekend whilst in transit. What counts as a late check out? My flight isn't departing until 2am (about 24 hours after I arrive), so I was hopeful that I might be able to check out at about 9pm (without any Marriott status).

Separately, does anyone know if it's the case that QR approve the transit visa very close to departure? I submitted mine over 3 weeks ago, and it has shown "Application Verified" for well over 2 of those weeks. I'm flying on Friday.
call qr re-visa. I had to do this for mine.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Platinum
Just got back from our trip and our stay at the Sharq village was completely off the charts! Took uber back and forth from airport. Arrived, check in was quick and easy. Put is in a nice K room with a good view of the beach in the distance. It was our anniversary (I mentioned that at check in), and when we got back from dinner at the Souq, we were very surprised. Anniversary card, printed in color, signed by the front office staff, a nice cake that said "Happy 14th Anniversary" on it, a bottle of sparkling grape juice, and the most over-the-top - a bubble bath drawn and full of rose petals (with rose petals covering the bathroom floor and counter)! What a staff!

I submitted my visa application on 7/1 right before the trip, but didn't get confirmation of the approval until the day before we returned on 7/19. I suspect that they got backed up with the holidays and such.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:07 am

I'm thinking about the W Doha for my dates.

I was wondering if it's possible to get 2 rooms since I'm flying with a friend. We booked the flights togehter so we have the same Booking Reference for our flight, but the hotel room is linked to the Ticket Number ?!
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: QR P; HH D; IHG SpAmb
Originally Posted by 380fanatic
Has anyone found out a way to find the hotel confirmation number having booked through the +Qatar program? I just made my reservation and would like to add my loyalty number for elite benefits. Do they eventually email this or is there a way to get it outside of contacting Qatar? Thanks!
I wonder about this too. Has anyone managed to get the confirmation no?
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by a9504477
Nope.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by a9504477
For the Shangri-La, I emailed to book a limo transfer and included my Golden Circle number, which resulted in them adding the reservation to my Golden Circle account and it then being viewable online. Helps that SL are generally quite flexible, possible the major chains wouldn't be as interested in adding your membership number to the booking.

Last edited by lost_in_translation; Jul 26, 2017 at 8:33 am
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:27 am

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
For the Shangri-La, I emailed to booked a limo transfer and included my Golden Circle number, which resulted in them adding the reservation to my Golden Circle account and it then being viewable online. Helps that SL are generally quite flexible, possible the major chains wouldn't be as interested in adding your membership number to the booking.
Westin (SPG) added my no. at checkin upon request but no points awarded.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 5:46 am

tobitronics it appears to be a common occurrence that points are not awarded for 'airline' bookings. The standard argument appears to be 'You (or your employer) have not paid for the reservation so you can be awarded no points'. Of course you get points in the usual manner for your spend.

If you think about how many points most FFPs would give you for a reward flight (zero) then I think the reasoning is quite clear.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Originally Posted by remdk
tobitronics it appears to be a common occurrence that points are not awarded for 'airline' bookings. The standard argument appears to be 'You (or your employer) have not paid for the reservation so you can be awarded no points'. Of course you get points in the usual manner for your spend.

If you think about how many points most FFPs would give you for a reward flight (zero) then I think the reasoning is quite clear.
Oh I'm not complaining about it, just stating my experiences
Old Jul 26, 2017, 2:18 pm

To be honest, most hotel chains do not give any point at all for third party bookings that you pay anyway (expedia, bookings.com, etc) so they are just being quite consistent here and it is certainly not unexpected. There might be more flexibility on payments for incidentals in some cases.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:06 am

sorry if this was already brought up, but i found big discrepancies in the T&Cs

Qatar+ section of the Q&As of https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...en/contact-us/
says:

15. Can passengers access this offer if they book through their travel agent or any other booking channel?
Yes, this offer is available to all passengers traveling on Qatar Airways transiting through Doha for more than 12 hours.

where the other T&Cs says only on qatarairways.com
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:12 am

zik013 well done in spotting the difference. Besides the original 'Booking must be a multi city booking' there are at least a couple of others waiting to be discovered!
This entire offer has been marked by almost disregard for the T and Cs so there is not really that much to worry about with these discrepancies. This discrepancy could otherwise have been very important so thank you for bringing it to the forums attention
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:32 am

zik013 well done in spotting the difference. Besides the original 'Booking must be a multi city booking' there are at least a couple of others waiting to be discovered!
This entire offer has been marked by almost disregard for the T and Cs so there is not really that much to worry about with these discrepancies. This discrepancy could otherwise have been very important so thank you for bringing it to the forums attention
any successful cases of people booking elsewhere and using the offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.