+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 4, 19, 1:53 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: escape4
Wiki Link
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 7, 17, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Deleted

Last edited by Calchas; Jul 7, 17 at 7:39 am Reason: Misunderstood
Old Jul 7, 17, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by remdk View Post
tobitronics not without having your second free transit visa application rejected.because it overlaps the previous visa, unless they are more than 30 days apart.

Are you sure that you have two QR ticket numbers on your reservation? I think that usual practice is that when a reservation is reissued then the ticket numbers changes for all flights on the reservation.
If a flight reservation has changed in any way except for a date change/flight number change/booking class change/carrier prefix change then a reissue/exchange of the whole ticket (or ticket booklet in the case of more than four sectors) will be required.

It isn't possible to split the ticket up by sector or change the ticket (except as mentioned above). It has to be voided and a new one issued to replace it. This is how the system evolved in the 1970s.

Even when the airline could get away with merely "revalidating" the old ticket for instance in the case of a date change, their internal process is often to reissue it anyway.
Old Jul 8, 17, 5:42 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Is there also a free transfer Airport-Hotel-Airport?
Old Jul 8, 17, 5:53 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Crisu69 View Post
Is there also a free transfer Airport-Hotel-Airport?
When you search for your free stopover hotel, the description will state if there are free transfers. Quite a number of the 4 star had free transfer whilst I didn't notice many 5 star properties offering it.
Old Jul 9, 17, 9:14 am

Any nice 4 stars hotel to recommend? Good pool and near to the souq? The 5 stars tend to be far from the old city/souq area.
Old Jul 9, 17, 11:19 am

Programs: AA
Horizon Manor, typical business style hotel. Ok for one or two nights, only 5 min walk to the souq. We used the rooftop pool, nice views from the rooftop but the pool itself was in need of maintenance IMO. Free airport shuttle included.
Old Jul 10, 17, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
DELETE
Old Jul 11, 17, 6:09 pm

If my flight arrives on 3rd Aug 1am, do I book 2nd Aug or 3 Aug as my check in date? Would they do a 24 hours count? Considering St Regis Doha.
Old Jul 12, 17, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by tboons View Post
Any nice 4 stars hotel to recommend? Good pool and near to the souq? The 5 stars tend to be far from the old city/souq area.
Considering the heat I wouldnt worry too much about the locations of the 5 star hotels. Very easy to get taxis everywhere. If you do prefer to be near the Souq/MIA/Corniche etc then Horizon Manor would be best. Not as good as the 5 stars but fine for a couple of nights.
Old Jul 12, 17, 8:37 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond and lots more....
Not been to DOH before.

Any suggestions on the best 5* hotel under this offer?

Last edited by GentleGiant; Jul 12, 17 at 8:52 am
Old Jul 12, 17, 10:40 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Horizon is kind of 'yuck'. If being close to the airport is important go for the Sharq. If town is more interesting go for 4seasons as it is a nice drive along the corniche. If you want a solid 4star with a nice pool, good service and a few different restaurant options yet still close to the souq and Airport I'd pick the Oryx Roxana (owned by QR).

Last edited by SullyofDoha; Jul 12, 17 at 1:39 pm
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA Gold, Accor, Honors Diamond and lots more....
Thanks. I assume in the town - but looking at 5* as we are flying business - just wish to choose the best
Old Jul 12, 17, 1:50 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
In and around town, all my suggestions above are good. You could also add the W Hotel and Shangri-la Hotel. The Westin Hotel has nice grounds, but is not in the heart of the city. Also, Kempinski is nice, however it is at the Pearl and can be a bit of a drive to the airport, especially if your taxi is during rush hour.
Old Jul 12, 17, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
Thanks. I assume in the town - but looking at 5* as we are flying business - just wish to choose the best
Personally I would choose the Kempinski. Its newer, big and has decent restaurants and bars, clean beach and decent pool. However, as mentioned a little further out of town on the Pearl so it depends on how much time you have and how much sightseeing you want to do. It will be quick and easy to get around in a a taxi off peak, but not so much during morning, evenings etc as mentioned before.
Old Jul 14, 17, 11:56 pm
soy

Programs: Rapidly decreasing - BA Silver, O6 *G, HH DIA, Mrr PLT, Assorted debris
I arrive next Sat at 3am, depart 3pm. How long to allow for taxi to Marriott marquis at these times?

TIA

Search this Thread