+Qatar - Doha Hotel stopovers no longer free

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 4, 19, 1:53 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: escape4
Wiki Link
Thought it would be worthwhile setting up a Wiki for this so all the information needed is in a single place:

The offer is being able to book 1 night in a 4 Star hotel in Doha for 23 USD or 5 Star hotel for 28 USD
The tickets need to be on 157-xxxx stock (QR) and the layover has to be for a minimum of 12 hours.

Confirmed by QR:
Offer valid for Qatar Airways confirmed ticket holders only.
Offer is available on Qatar Airways flights transiting through Doha during on-ward or return journey. (E.g.
London –Doha – Bangkok).
For two (or more) people travelling together both outward and return hotels can be booked on separate tickets.
A minimum transiting time of 12 hours is required to be eligible for this offer.
Not applicable on codeshare flights.
Other terms and conditions apply. Please review at the time of booking.
A valid visa is required to enter the country.Nationals from a total of 80 countries can now take advantage
of visa-free entry into Qatar. Entry into Qatar will be at the discretion of the immigration authorities.
Discover Qatar is not responsible for the decision taken by the immigration authorities.

Link with full information is : https://www.qatarairways.com/en/offers/plus-qatar.html
Booking page is : https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.com/us-en/plusqatar

Hotels:

To be completed think it would be useful to mention advantages / Distances from attractions here but mine is:

Warwick Doha

Transport:

By far Uber is the best option in Qatar and is easy to book using the Airport and the hotel wifi.
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 19, 17, 6:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver
I booked hotel but can't apply for my visa for another week. Hotel was booked as soon as the +Qatar was announced. Had a normal return ticket, not the multi-city ticker...just had to overnight due to connecting from SIN to IAH. Don't expect any visa issues.
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm looking at booking a Qatar+ package, but don't know how many nights to book...

I'll be arriving from the airport at 1am and departing around midnight. Would I need 1 night or 2 to cover us?
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:32 pm

ianwall https://discoverqatar.qatarairways.c...s/PLUSQATARTNC says "Early check in/ Late check out subject to room availability and cannot be guaranteed.". To me this suggests that you should select and contact a hotel before you decide upon one or two nights.
Old Jun 23, 17, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by ianwall View Post
I'm looking at booking a Qatar+ package, but don't know how many nights to book...

I'll be arriving from the airport at 1am and departing around midnight. Would I need 1 night or 2 to cover us?
1 night, I think, starting the evening before your check in. Most hotels in Doha must be well aware of the late night arrivals.

I had no problem at the Westin. Checked in at 04:00 the following day. Was given a late check out at 17:00. Actually checked out at about 18:30. Friend did the same but checked out at 21:30. No one seemed worried.
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, Asiana Diamond
Originally Posted by ianwall View Post

I have the same issue on a trip in August, and (as per Calchas's advice) am intending to reserve from the evening before - indicating a check in time of 23.45 - and checking out the same day as my flight arrives - indicating a check out time of 21.00.

I note that, on the "More Details" link on some of the hotels (e.g. the Ritz Carlton), a 24-hour check in and check out facility is offered as a special part of this deal, which I presume is designed to accomodate this reality of QR's scheduling patterns. I shall certainly be bokoing one of these hotels that specify this 24-hr facility.
Old Jun 30, 17, 11:54 am

Programs: QF Gold, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy View Post
I note that, on the "More Details" link on some of the hotels (e.g. the Ritz Carlton), a 24-hour check in and check out facility is offered as a special part of this deal, which I presume is designed to accomodate this reality of QR's scheduling patterns. I shall certainly be bokoing one of these hotels that specify this 24-hr facility.
I could be wrong, but I think that means there are people available to check you in or out at any time. I reached out to both the Four Seasons and the Hilton, and the response I got was they'd offer some paid late check out, but if it was beyond dinner time you would need to get a second night.

Might have more luck in person, but getting anything confirmed ahead of time was a no-go for me
Old Jul 3, 17, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
A big to the Discover Qatar support team. Having read the T&Cs of the offer, wherein it is stated inter alia that bookings are non-amendable, non-cancellable (not sure how they would enforce that), etc, I was concerned how it would impact my own changed circumstances (not of my making).

For both, on the one hand, Mrs and Master PtF and, on the other hand myself, they couldn't have been more helpful, cooperative and expeditious in their responses to some queries I raised yesterday.

For all of us QR changed, upon my request, the start/finish of our current QR itineraries from CAI to AMM. In doing so QR issued new e-ticket numbers for all of us. Given that an e-ticket number is associated with the on-line hotel reservation I was concerned that this might be an issue when it comes to checking-in at the Doha hotel (wherein the hotel reservation has one e-ticket number and the boarding pass a completely different one). Discover Qatar updated their records within the hour without any fuss or hassle whatsoever.

Similarly, I had to change the date of my Doha hotel by one day (QR's DOH AMM timetable isn't as convenient as QR's DOH CAI timetable). Again absolutely no problem; the hotel check-in date was changed with no argument whatsoever.
Old Jul 3, 17, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Asiana Diamond
Originally Posted by 380fanatic View Post
I could be wrong, but I think that means there are people available to check you in or out at any time. I reached out to both the Four Seasons and the Hilton, and the response I got was they'd offer some paid late check out, but if it was beyond dinner time you would need to get a second night.

Might have more luck in person, but getting anything confirmed ahead of time was a no-go for me
Thanks, that does make sense. I guess I'll just book according to my plan and hope for the best, once I've specified my desired check-out time. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll have a good night's sleep, check out at midday, and spend the afternoon in the Museum of Islamic Art before picking up my bags and heading to the airport early evening for some dinner.
Old Jul 3, 17, 3:06 pm

Phil the Flyer it took this crisis to really bring 'a giant leap forward' in CS but is this not what I have been talking about for the last year, or nearly two? There is still a long way to go but let us be thankful for what is happening! Congratulations to the +Qatar team with a big thank you from all at FT for a job very well done.
Old Jul 4, 17, 12:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
There was a party of three of us, 2 adults 1 child in business class and we got free hotel both outbound (Ritz-Carlton) and inbound (Four Seasons). Both were great, Ritz was more modern, but FS had fantastic pool/spa area.

However QR, per stopover T&C, refused give us second transit visa and we had to pay for normal visa (100 QR = 24 EUR per person ) on the inbound.
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:39 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver
We just applied for our free visa as the window just opened. Leave today and won't have laptop with us. Hope there are no issues, but at the worst, I guess we do a Visa on arrival in the arrivals lounge and pay the 100 qar.
Old Jul 6, 17, 3:51 pm

Programs: FB Gold - STE+, BAEC Gold - OW Emerald
Since my itin got rebooked due to schedule changes my ticket nr. has changed. +Qatar says this is not a problem as long as I present a BP. Therefore a question popped up in my head:

Could I technically now make a reservation for the out- and inbound leg and stay for free on both, since I have 2 ticket#?

Anyone with experiences on this matter? Not trying to cheat the system, just wondering

Thanks!
Old Jul 6, 17, 5:09 pm

tobitronics not without having your second free transit visa application rejected.because it overlaps the previous visa, unless they are more than 30 days apart.

Are you sure that you have two QR ticket numbers on your reservation? I think that usual practice is that when a reservation is reissued then the ticket numbers changes for all flights on the reservation.
Old Jul 6, 17, 5:21 pm

Programs: FB Gold - STE+, BAEC Gold - OW Emerald
Originally Posted by remdk View Post
tobitronics not without having your second free transit visa application rejected.because it overlaps the previous visa, unless they are more than 30 days apart.

Are you sure that you have two QR ticket numbers on your reservation? I think that usual practice is that when a reservation is reissued then the ticket numbers changes for all flights on the reservation.
What I meant is that I made a +qr booking for the inbound leg using my ticket#. This ticket# for the whole ticket has now changed due to a rebooking on the outbound leg. Therefore the old ticket# which was used to make the booking no longer exists/cannot be used to fly, hence my question.
Old Jul 7, 17, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GfL+CCR, Aclub Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by tobitronics View Post
What I meant is that I made a +qr booking for the inbound leg using my ticket#. This ticket# for the whole ticket has now changed due to a rebooking on the outbound leg. Therefore the old ticket# which was used to make the booking no longer exists/cannot be used to fly, hence my question.
Your reservation with a cancelled ticket number would cease to be valid and will have been updated with the new number. You still cannot have two bookings associated with one given (valid) eticket number, nor a reservation standing without a valid eticket number associated to it.

Search this Thread